SEC Catch-all Thread

LTtxfan

The real UT:   According to AAS and Google research:

https://www.statesman.com/story/sports/college/longhorns/football/2024/09/06/texas-football-longhorns-tennessee-university-ut-austin-google-vpn-sec/75086655007/

Based on Google searches, each time, The University of Texas at Austin was the first university that popped up on the results page. In fact, the University of Tampa was the second result shown before the University of Tennessee. 

How about worldwide results? You can probably guess. Connecting to Albania? University of Texas at Austin. Australia? University of Texas at Austin. India? UT. The Volunteers didn't appear on any of these searches. The University of Toronto showed up before Tennessee did.

Edited by Cairn Horn88
  • Haha 1

Shaded again: South Carolina trolls Kentucky after Big Blue beatdown

Shane Beamer and the Gamecocks remember Mark Stoops's sunglasses comment, again

JOHN BRICE            SEP 7, 2024

Two years ago, Mark Stoops was perceived to take a shot at South Carolina coach Shane Beamer over, of all things, sunglasses

Stoops patted himself on the back at that time about how was changing culture and not climate

“It's easy to change a climate,” Stoops said in summer 2022 at SEC Media Days. “You just change the uniforms, talk a little game, dance around and put on some stupid sunglasses and you can change a climate."

For the second time in three years, Beamer's Gamecocks clawed Kentucky into submission.

Inside the Wildcats' Commonwealth Stadium Saturday afternoon, South Carolina commanded a 31-6.

And when it was over, South Carolina's social media crew and equipment staff teamed up for a stellar photo: The Gamecocks helmet sitting on Kentucky's synthetic bluegrass, with sunglasses affixed to the helmet's visor.

Take a look:

After nearly landing the Texas A&M job late last year before the Aggies pulled back and he remained at Kentucky, Stoops on Saturday lost for the eighth time in his last 10 SEC home games.

It's about to get worse: The Wildcats face top-ranked Georgia next week.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

SIAP-

I’m curious, since the SEC doesn’t have divisions anymore.

If Texas beats UGA in October, will they still meet in the SEC championship? If they beat ole miss in November? Of course assuming everyone else wins out.

Theoretically could Texas and UGa meet 3x? October, conference championship, and playoff?

7 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

SIAP-

If Texas beats UGA in October, will they still meet in the SEC championship? If they beat ole miss in November? Of course assuming everyone else wins out.

Theoretically could Texas and UGa meet 3x? October, conference championship, and playoff?

Yes. 

Big early inter-conference showdowns:

LSU loses to USC- B1G over SEC

TAMU loses to ND -(quasi-ACC/future B1G) ind over SEC

UGA beats Clemson - SEC over ACC

Fla loses to Miami - ACC over SEC

Texas beats Michigan - SEC over B1G

How much will these games matter in December, when the CFP is allocating at-large bids? At least Texas made a contribution 

5 minutes ago, statsman said:

Big early inter-conference showdowns:

LSU loses to USC- B1G over SEC

TAMU loses to ND -(quasi-ACC/future B1G) ind over SEC

UGA beats Clemson - SEC over ACC

Fla loses to Miami - ACC over SEC

Texas beats Michigan - SEC over B1G

How much will these games matter in December, when the CFP is allocating at-large bids? At least Texas made a contribution 

Probably not much unless LSU improves and beats some SEC teams on the bubble. 

The SEC dregs here, A&M and Florida, lost because they suck. 

The SEC powers here, Texas and Georgia, won because they don’t suck.

Where LSU falls between those two groups might make some difference at the margin. 

• Hook 'Em 1

SIAP-

Was thinking about this as well.

Be pretty cool to beat those fuck 3 times in the same season.

Also, what’s gonna a happen when the SEC gets all 8 of its available playoff bids?

22 hours ago, n64ra said:

When the lady asked is anyone playing good, I expected the Texas guy to raise his hand - not just Vandy walk by.

Vandy and Texas giving a cheers over a cocktail would have been hilarious, but they shit on Michigan A LOT so... I can appreciate the subtle nod to the Dores just quietly enjoying themselves.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

With a 12-team playoff interconference games that don't involve Texas have much less importance than the did w/ a 4-team playoff.  

We will be recruiting against UGA, Bama, Tenn, Ol Miss, aggy, et al.  I'd just as soon they all get their asses handed to them.  Fuck conference pride. 

I haven’t thought about it in great detail, but given the decidedly non-zero chance that UGA wins the conference championship game, it would be nice for Texas to have as high a seed as possible, which is likely going to turn on how the SEC looks compared to other conferences who are placing more than their champion. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I haven’t thought about it in great detail, but given the decidedly non-zero chance that UGA wins the conference championship game, it would be nice for Texas to have as high a seed as possible, which is likely going to turn on how the SEC looks compared to other conferences who are placing more than their champion. 

You're likely not wrong, but fuck 'em anyway.  Just win, baby. 

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Can you even imagine the SEC angst if Texas were to beat UGA three times this season?

pffft  Angst? I'd buy the first round.  I'll take any small amount of happiness this CFB season sends the Gata's way.  UGA losses... mana from heaven

• Hook 'Em 1

• Gerry mentioned that LSU lost their "top" DT for the season
  • Bama having problems at both their OT's due to injuries caused issues vs S.Florida
  • blOU struggling with injuries at center and Right OT

Depth is critical in the SEC

1 hour ago, statsman said:

Alabama needs to handle Wisconsin. I had never been much of a “root for the conference” guy before, but now it can matter. 

Disagree. We get a top four seed if and only if we win our conference. Nothing our conference-mates do is going to keep us from getting into the playoffs when we are good enough to have a legit shot at winning it all. If we have some 9-3 season in which we are hoping for a chance to get our teeth kicked in during a playoff game, there is a non-zero chance Bama-Wiscy affects our odds. There will always be enough talent and, more importantly, reputation and propaganda in the SEC to help us.

35 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

I’m pretty sure Wisconsin sucks.

Yeah I like Wisconsin and I'll be pulling for them, but they suck.   They have pretty much zero chance of winning this game.  If they do win, futureman will fist himself at the next surly tailgate.

One of the very few downsides of the Texas to SEC is no TV for ULM game.  In the Big12 we were THE TV draw.   I can’t recall a game on a random channel like next week’s game.  In SEC, while still a huge draw, we are relegated to essentially a PPV.   

8 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

One of the very few downsides of the Texas to SEC is no TV for ULM game.  In the Big12 we were THE TV draw.   I can’t recall a game on a random channel like next week’s game.  In SEC, while still a huge draw, we are relegated to essentially a PPV.   

On the bright side, the ULM game will be horrible

26 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

In the Big 12, the ULM game would have been on LHN.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, statsman said:

Alabama needs to handle Wisconsin. I had never been much of a “root for the conference” guy before, but now it can matter. 

No they don't. It would help Texas more for Alabama to lose because it gives us data point to separate us from other SEC teams that might have a similar record.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, statsman said:

Nah. Wisconsin is going to lose by 30 but it sure would be cool if Wisconsin won.

6 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

The fuck are you talking about? ULM would have been stuck on LHN which is worse than PPV as it was aids trying to get that channel.