SEC Catch-all Thread

LTtxfan

The way Sark is recruiting and coaching, we're definitely a top 3 in the rotating SEC with Bama and UGA. It wouldn't surprise me if we split the series with Georgia during the season + CCG, and then meet in the playoffs. Highly unlikely to beat them 3 times, but i can see 2 out of 3. After  UT/Bama/UGA, there's a drop off with Tenn, LSU, and I guess Mizzou? Everyone else is a bottom feeder. 

3 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

The way Sark is recruiting and coaching, we're definitely a top 3 in the rotating SEC with Bama and UGA. It wouldn't surprise me if we split the series with Georgia during the season + CCG, and then meet in the playoffs. Highly unlikely to beat them 3 times, but i can see 2 out of 3. After  UT/Bama/UGA, there's a drop off with Tenn, LSU, and I guess Mizzou? Everyone else is a bottom feeder. 

Sounds like Texas with a 5 seed and settling it in the playoffs.

I’m not sure how much of a drop off Tennessee is. We’ll know more soon. 

25 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I don't know about Tennessee vs Texas yet , they genuinely look good but it's early. 

It is however clear the delta between the UT Conglomerate and OU is substantial which should lead to some good memes

9331jj.jpg.bad1c8469e6611a77fa3378885f4103d.jpg

Edited by BigHornedLurker

18 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

I don't know about Tennessee vs Texas yet , they genuinely look good but it's early. 

It is however clear the delta between the UT Conglomerate and OU is substantial which should lead to some good memes

9331jj.jpg.bad1c8469e6611a77fa3378885f4103d.jpg

I think OU could lose to Tulane, Tennessee, and Texas. Fucking Temple dropped the ball. 

• Hook 'Em 3

16 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

With a 12-team playoff interconference games that don't involve Texas have much less importance than the did w/ a 4-team playoff.  

We will be recruiting against UGA, Bama, Tenn, Ol Miss, aggy, et al.  I'd just as soon they all get their asses handed to them.  Fuck conference pride. 

Thank you Simone.  JFC are people just now realizing this?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I'm not sure I trust Heupel running a well oiled machine like Sark. I see him more as a Lane Kiffin guy who will get a really good QB like Henden Hooker and be a 10-11 win guy, but then he'll have his Joe Milton and be a 9 win guy. Maybe that's good enough to get into the playoffs some years, but he hasn't shown enough to prove he can lift Tennessee to the upper echelon of the conference, imo. 

He's recruiting ok, tho, so maybe he can sustain it. He looks to have a really, really good QB in Nico, but that kid has some work to do on his mechanics. If Heupel can fix those, I'll be a believer.

Since he's been a HC at Tenn since 2021, their recruiting has been between 10-22. 2021 (22), 2022 (17), 2023 (10), 2024 (14). He's either going to have to be a great HC and developer without top 10 recruiting classes, or he's going to have to get better at recruiting to sustain success. 

I haven't followed their defense much at all, but this year they have a really good one. Looking at his recruiting classes he gets really good edge guys and LB, but I have no clue about DT/NT. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock

4 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

I'm not sure I trust Heupel running a well oiled machine like Sark. I see him more as a Lane Kiffin guy who will get a really good QB like Henden Hooker and be a 10-11 win guy, but then he'll have his Joe Milton and be a 9 win guy. Maybe that's good enough to get into the playoffs some years, but he hasn't shown enough to prove he can lift Tennessee to the upper echelon of the conference, imo. 

He's recruiting ok, tho, so maybe he can sustain it. He looks to have a really, really good QB in Nico, but that kid has some work to do on his mechanics. If Heupel can fix those, I'll be a believer.

Since he's been a HC at Tenn since 2021, their recruiting has been between 10-22. 2021 (22), 2022 (17), 2023 (10), 2024 (14). He's either going to have to be a great HC and developer without top 10 recruiting classes, or he's going to have to get better at recruiting to sustain success. 

I haven't followed their defense much at all, but this year they have a really good one. Looking at his recruiting classes he gets really good edge guys and LB, but I have no clue about DT/NT. 

I’m just talking this year, not as a program. 

13 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

The fuck are you talking about? ULM would have been stuck on LHN which is worse than PPV as it was aids trying to get that channel.

LHN was fucking great.  Every baseball game  and most home games for many other sports.  Hard to beat that.  One game , sometimes 2 for Football on tier 3 was fine.  I guess SEC+ is PPV, LHN not perfect but better than PPV IMO.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

LHN was fucking great.  Every baseball game  and most home games for many other sports.  Hard to beat that.  One game , sometimes 2 for Football on tier 3 was fine.  I guess SEC+ is PPV, LHN not perfect but better than PPV IMO.

I'm not sure that is correct.  I think if you have a TV package that has SEC network, then you can access SECN+ for free through the ESPN website, Smart TV ESPN app or Phone app.  I could be wrong though.

Decent early game Saturday...

No. 24 Boston College (2-0) at No. 6 Missouri (2-0), 12:45 p.m. ET

image.png.ebdfbc650b5ec812e25c12e8762061af.png

After knocking off Florida State on the road, Boston College blanked Duquesne to earn its first AP Top 25 appearance in six years. Now, can the Eagles solve Missouri's defense? Murray State and Buffalo combined for 254 yards and zero points in the opening two weeks. Boston College is obviously a much higher level of competition, but Mizzou deserves its spot as a hefty favorite at home.

Prediction: Missouri 33, Boston College 23

On 9/11/2024 at 9:08 AM, jdhorn92 said:

Counterpoint.  24/7 Lowell Galindo

Texas students aiming to enroll at UT Austin during the fall 2026 semester will face a higher hurdle. During a UT Faculty meeting on September 16, university president Jay Hartzell announced that students will soon need to be in the top five percent of their high school graduating class to be guaranteed admission.

Yikes....I'd never have gotten in!