SEC Catch-all Thread

LTtxfan

41 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Meh

Besides USC and Oregon, there's only 3 other B1G teams that are worth playing OOC - tOSU, Michigan, and Penn St. I mean, maybe it'd be fun to kick the shit out of Nebraska again. But, they'd never agree to another game without coercion. 

Washington, Oregon, USC, Michigan, Ohio St, Penn St, Nebraska, Wisconsin, and maybe Michigan State are all worth scheduling just for their brand/status.

UCLA, Northwestern, Rutgers, Maryland are all good travel destinations.

I don’t really have any desire to play Iowa, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois, or Purdue but I assume a Big Ten fan would feel the same way about Arkansas, Mizzou, Mississippi State, South Carolina, and Kentucky.

While I generally don’t like the idea of a scheduling agreement, I do think it’s probably the easiest way to get more money out of the TV networks. They don’t pay much for OOC games because most of them suck. This way they’d potentially have 16 games of interest from 25 of the top 30 brands in the sports, and would avoid years like this year’s Ohio State’s OOC schedule and last year where Georgia and Michigan played nobody OOC.

Good thing we play Ohio State next year, but we have Arch, Wingo, and boatload of RB's. We have awesome WR's, and we add two 5 star WR's that will fuck shit up. We're beating their asses in the shoe. Arch will go off..

Ohio State loses a ton of their defense, and their QBs are untested. Jeremiah Smith will do well, but he ain't enough to stop our offense. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Texas has only played one SEC game and has already killed the conference.

We joke.. but that will be the narrative. Especially if we keep winning as Bama comes back to earth.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I have PTSD from the Chuck and Turtle Tom eras, I admit it. Last season should have helped me kick it by now but I still struggle.

Don't get me wrong, I loved seeing Bama and the Vols go down today, that was glorious...but then I remember we only have one SEC game under our belt.

Oh, and if you didn't already know..OU sucks.

2 minutes ago, Kwix said:

Aggy nowhere to be seen

1 minute ago, Doc Daneeka said:

They’re there by implication in the very first scene, but yeah. 

Ags had a "huge" upset over a "top 10" team, and don't appear.  Texas doesn't even play, and makes an appearance as the conference savior.

All as it should be.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 2

i guess it shouldnt be lost on anyone but the 3 teams we play in our remaining road games all beat a top 10 team at home this week.

Vanderbilt #1

Arkansas #4

Aggy #9

- we need to bring it every game. This bye week was an eye opener.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, yoladu said:

i guess it shouldnt be lost on anyone but the 3 teams we play in our remaining road games all beat a top 10 team at home this week.

Vanderbilt #1

Arkansas #4

Aggy #9

- we need to bring it every game. This bye week was an eye opener.

And Kentucky beat #6 Ole Miss the week before as well.

Gives the coaches lots of film and motivation material to use with the team.

Might be the best bye week we’ve ever had.

Edited by TKthunder2

6 minutes ago, Drew said:

Just as good as SEC shorts most weeks...and the way they dismiss aggy is Chefs kiss

I actually think it's better than SEC shorts most weeks (Except this week, with the resurrection of Pimp Vandy and Texas walking into the SEC Top 10 boardroom in flames).,

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah seems to go more into "deep cuts"  Not even mad Texas wasn't included this week.  Good shit.

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

I actually think it's better than SEC shorts most weeks (Except this week, with the resurrection of Pimp Vandy and Texas walking into the SEC Top 10 boardroom in flames).,

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, utee94 said:

Ags had a "huge" upset over a "top 10" team, and don't appear.  Texas doesn't even play, and makes an appearance as the conference savior.

All as it should be.

this. the fraud alert was fucking gold and not having an aggy even trying to ressurect the Mizzou patient was perfect. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just as good as SEC shorts most weeks...and the way they dismiss aggy is Chefs kiss

He was delayed about a week for week 5, so I assume it was Hurricane Helene activity that was his delay. He seemed in good spirits, so I hope all is well with Mr. Mitchell and his family, as I look forward to his weekly “Roll Call” shorts.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 2