OU Recruiting 2025: Truck Balls and Broken Dreams

texifornia

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Nobody bats 1.000. It's hard to argue with how WR has been handled, particularly since Marion left.

Thompson was at Texas long enough to collect substantial NIL, never learn the playbook, whine about playing time, and then get pushed into the portal.

He then turns around after landing at OU to talk shit about Texas along with his mother. Then he fails to learn the playbook and plays little as a backup until this season, as the OU WR room continues to get worse. A starter early in 2024, he's now predictably injured and not contributing.

my dirty fun hobby is looking up momma thompson on twitter and seeing her replies (not to UT fans) to ou fans who question her son's ability to contribute to the team consistently..  

she use to have a horde of white knights who would come to her aide whenever any negativity came to her or her son.. but it's getting pretty sparse now.. :)

15 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I spend a lot more time in Miami vs Oklahoma.  And probably have more intel w their program.  I don’t really get it but they are still loaded with cash even with Ruiz struggling.  OU can’t match their money imo.  And Miami is kind of fun of you have a little cash.  Pre NIL you could say most cfb players were priced out of the fun.  Today, it’s a very attractive destination for recruits.   

Cartel money. 

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

The other WR they have who probably could play here is Nic Anderson.  Unfortunately for him and Arnold he's been hurt too.  They've held his status close to the vest but I've seen articles saying he's cleared.

He’s “cleared” but that’s been true of other WRs on their roster who have suited out and not played. 

Anderson’s injury was supposedly a pretty serious groin strain. Those are tricky in terms of healing them up properly during a season. 

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

He’s “cleared” but that’s been true of other WRs on their roster who have suited out and not played. 

Anderson’s injury was supposedly a pretty serious groin strain. Those are tricky in terms of healing them up properly during a season. 

He’s still hurt. 

On 9/17/2024 at 11:58 AM, closetojumping said:

Nobody bats 1.000. It's hard to argue with how WR has been handled, particularly since Marion left.

Thompson was at Texas long enough to collect substantial NIL, never learn the playbook, whine about playing time, and then get pushed into the portal.

He then turns around after landing at OU to talk shit about Texas along with his mother. Then he fails to learn the playbook and plays little as a backup until this season, as the OU WR room continues to get worse. A starter early in 2024, he's now predictably injured and not contributing.

The best thing for him would be for his mommy to stop spouting ridiculous shit on twitter and to every single reporter that wants clicks...There are lots of insufferable parents out there but I dont think I have dealt with any as obnoxious personally

• Hook 'Em 3