The Austin / Rainey St / Lake Serial Killer

tx 3 putt

21 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

It's probably a murdering couple. Hot woman lures in the mark, drugs him, then the man follows him to finish the job.

Now we know why @tx 3 putt keeps telling us that @Nicole44 has rejected his advances several times... trying to throw us off the trail! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

21 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

It's probably a murdering couple. Hot woman lures in the mark, drugs him, then the man follows him to finish the job.

Even better, it's Nicole and another woman. 

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/will-austin-travis-county-ems-patrols-return-to-rainey-street/

An Austin-Travis County EMS (ATCEMS) pilot program that placed medics on Rainey Street during peak hours ended in April, and the agency is now evaluating the possibility of implementing it full-time.

The medics who worked the Rainey Street patrols used special response units – SRUs for short – instead of ambulances. They’re similar to ATVs.“They’re much smaller than our big blue and yellow ambulances,” Parker said. “We’re able to interact more easily with the public, telling them a great barbeque restaurant to try, or offering them advice on staying safe or making it back to their hotel, Airbnb or home safely.”

The agency said the program keeps ambulances freed up for more dire emergencies and, additionally, allows them to patrol proactively.

Are things going to ramp up now that EMS patrols are suspended for the time being?

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

So a dozen lights and a few cameras for a couple thousand bucks?  Nah, fuck it.   But we'll have a  fleet of college-educated, advanced-trained medical personnel driving around go-carts dodging drunks on scooters, dispensing BBQ advice while there's a serial killer on the loose?  

(checks notes)

Yeah, we're totally not a simulation.  

I got a CRE buddy asking me for some help in connecting him with some capital planning folks and APD that I used to work with on a possible deal to move much of the HQ and horse stables to Barton Oaks plaza and the Property Management team would make a T.I. to get some of the land horse-friendly.  And I laughed and thought of Kramer driving Rusty on the Handsome Cab and telling the customers that Joe Pepitone that they created this park so the Union Army (or APD) could practice fighting on grass.  And he actually thought I was serious when I said it out loud.  And this guy controls like 10% of the office space on South MoPac.  When I'm the sane one in any of this shit, you know we gotta serious problem.  Hallelujah, holy shit, where's the BBQ sauce?  

Edited by YGIFS

Nicole in Houston, "Here handsome.  Take this anti-Cholera pill with this beer.  It helps you stave off infection from dirty water on the Bayou."

Handsome Man pops pill and starts to feel woozy, "Wait, why are you giving this to me as we're standing in the dirty water?"  Splash.

29 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

APD is like the state of Washington circa 1970-2002 where they just let Ted Bundy, Gary Ridgeway, and Robert Lee Yates run amok missing clue after clue along the way.

Yeah, I feel like (along with the help of the Feds/ATF), that APD did a pretty good job with that bomber kid back in 2018.  to this day, his pattern didn't make much sense and he didn't leave much of a digital trail to follow (until they went back in hindsight).  Still took awhile, but thankfully just a few casualties over a couple months.  This Rainey Street thing has been going on for years, maybe longer but the bodies floated/decomposed.  

Reminds me of this girl I grew up with, her father was the prosecutor of John Wayne Gacy in Chicago.  He came and spoke to us on "career day" and I to this day do not know why in the fuck he brought crime scene photos to show a bunch of elementary school kids.  But he nailed Gacy to the death penalty.  But he brought up this point about investigations.  Gacy drove around in a pretend police car (Oldsmobile sedan with flashing lights and fake badge and an antenna) for multiple years luring young boys into the car around Chicago and the NW suburbs.  And other cops actually saw this happen on more than one occasion and just thought, "Yeah, that checks out."  Gacy was even in the Des Plaines police station for questioning about one of the disappeared boys, shitfaced drunk, covered in dirt (from the burial)......and the cops were like "Well, he seems like a nice guy" and let him walk.  

I mean, I get there are crimes of passion that no police or Hannibal Lecter can anticipate.  And there really are serial killers that are so smart and focused, that they can literally get away with it for decades until they just get bored or die of old age.  Meanwhile, APD is buying tanks and riot gear instead of a few thousand bucks in lights and cameras down there and the City of Austin's solution is to have some EMT's drive around in a golf cart to give out dining recommendations?  What in the fucking fuck?  

Didn't know this was even being released, but made me think of Nicole's penchant for true crime podcasts.  https://www.texasmonthly.com/podcasts/series/the-problem-with-erik/

I know we crack wise about APD ineptitude on here and how they can't handle a call on a stolen car for a week.  

But from the Servant Girl Annihilator to Charles Whitman, the guy that flew the plane into the IRS building, the dude that ran over all those people on Red River, the guy that shot up all the government buildings at night, the bomber, Mr. Maund, the Rainey Street killings, synagogue arson, Yogurt Shop murders.  We've had some pretty fucked up shit happen in this town which wasn't very big that long ago.

Heir to one of the biggest car dealership empires in Texas hired Charlie Sheen's bodyguard to kill a Nashville hooker and her boyfriend.  Coen Brothers couldn't make this shit up.  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Didn't know this was even being released, but made me think of Nicole's penchant for true crime podcasts.  https://www.texasmonthly.com/podcasts/series/the-problem-with-erik/

I know we crack wise about APD ineptitude on here and how they can't handle a call on a stolen car for a week.  

But from the Servant Girl Annihilator to Charles Whitman, the guy that flew the plane into the IRS building, the dude that ran over all those people on Red River, the guy that shot up all the government buildings at night, the bomber, Mr. Maund, the Rainey Street killings, synagogue arson, Yogurt Shop murders.  We've had some pretty fucked up shit happen in this town which wasn't very big that long ago.

Heir to one of the biggest car dealership empires in Texas hired Charlie Sheen's bodyguard to kill a Nashville hooker and her boyfriend.  Coen Brothers couldn't make this shit up.  

Was Charlie Sheen too busy?

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Why would Charlie Sheen's bodyguard be a 5'5 guy?

hit-man-still.JPG

On 7/9/2024 at 12:13 PM, Pimphand said:

APD is like the state of Washington circa 1970-2002 where they just let Ted Bundy, Gary Ridgeway, and Robert Lee Yates run amok missing clue after clue along the way.

Or California 1970-2000.

Bonin, Butts, Miley, DeAngelo, Ramirez, Kraft, Franklin Jr, The Doodler, Manson, Zodiac, Halblower, and Bundy (to name a few) probably got in on the free for all serial killer action.

The victims are not completely dissimilar from some of those. 

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Or California 1970-2000.

Bonin, Butts, Miley, DeAngelo, Ramirez, Kraft, Franklin Jr, The Doodler, Manson, Zodiac, Halblower, and Bundy (to name a few) probably got in on the free for all serial killer action.

I wonder if “The Doodler” either enjoyed or despised the fact that he was given an Adam West-era Batman villain’s style moniker.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Mittens said:

I guess any body in any body of water qualifies now, eh?

We found some folks, well, one folk, in the Yellowstone river up here.  Police are struggling to find the murderer, can they say it was the Rainey Street Ripper?

22 minutes ago, Doc Holliday said:

We found some folks, well, one folk, in the Yellowstone river up here.  Police are struggling to find the murderer, can they say it was the Rainey Street Ripper?

Where, around Billings?

Yeah, we've actually had multiple drownings.  Unfortunately, it's the normal every year when people don't realize the Yellowstone has a nasty and powerful undercurrent and top flow.  Usually it's early July and most folks that float every year wait until the 3rd week in July to go floating or swimming for long stretches. 

• Hook 'Em 2