2023 Houston Mayoral Race

tx 3 putt

On 5/17/2024 at 12:34 PM, mycox said:

I'm having regrets for voting Whitmire. The city already spent millions of dollars preparing to move into a very nice new library, but now he decides on his own to renovate an old dilapidated library at the cost of 14.5 million because it's close to a bar that used to host drag shows. This isn't the first time he decided to make changes without local councilmember and residents input. He's also fucking up the plans to rebuild Montrose Blvd.

https://houstonlanding.org/stakeholders-stunned-by-mayors-announcement-that-montrose-library-move-is-off-the-table/
The Montrose Library’s long-planned move to the Montrose Collective on Westheimer Road — to which the city has already dedicated millions of dollars — is officially off the table.
The announcement from Mayor John Whitmire during a Tuesday morning press conference came as a surprise to many, including City Councilmember Abbie Kamin, whose District C includes Montrose; Steve Radom, the developer behind the Montrose Collective; and many library employees.

He said relocating the library to Westheimer would position it “very close to adult entertainment, on the third story of a commercial building, behind the hamburger building. When I saw it, I said, ‘Not on my watch.’”

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, royiv said:

Wife and I both voted for SJL. I had a feeling Whitmire was going to be a shill for Abbott. Between Whitmire and Miles, Abbott has Houston by the balls. At least Hidalgo is hanging in strong — for now.

whitmire has one job, if needed - his job is to agree with Abbott / Texas maga gqp that CoH and Harris County election results are rampant with fraud  

SB 1750 was passed to be used in times of maga gqp emergency. Having a puppet in place helps 

I voted for SJL 

keep R’s out of Harris county 

• Rage+1 1

Well his entire campaign was basically “Greg Abbott and Dan Patrick will be nice to us now because I’ve worked with them for a long time” which is preposterous. 

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Good Food Wow GIF by For(bes) The Culture

Now that's some of that old school oblivious and aloof Texas-grandpa type racism that I grew up with in the late 80's and 90's.

You don't see that kind of stuff anymore.

The stuff now is angrier and more blatant. 

It's harder to find someone who says overtly racist stuff without realizing it's racist.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whitmire has been an unmitigated disaster as mayor. Pisses me off that we didn’t get someone younger and smarter, think Chris Hollins, to be elected mayor in this city. My hope is that he continues to bumble his way through the job and piss everyone off opening the door for Hollins next cycle after he serves a term as Controller.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

• 1 month later...

Whitmire hired a new police chief. To lead one of the largest PDs in the country with more than 5,000 officers and a budget exceeding $1 billion, we’re getting Katy’s current police chief. A guy who is currently in charge of a 70 officer department in a city of 25,000. Sounds totally qualified.

Chronicle Article gift link

15 minutes ago, royiv said:

Whitmire hired a new police chief. To lead one of the largest PDs in the country with more than 5,000 officers and a budget exceeding $1 billion, we’re getting Katy’s current police chief. A guy who is currently in charge of a 70 officer department in a city of 25,000. Sounds totally qualified.

odd hire

Texas Rangers used to be an institution 

1 hour ago, royiv said:

Y’all can have Dallas’ turncoat mayor.

14 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Whitmire looks to be the type of leader who makes impulsive decisions and then worries, or not, about the fallout.

imo, Abbott will push on him hard to make claims of voter fraud this November 

he’s in office to play along 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

imo, Abbott will push on him hard to make claims of voter fraud this November 

he’s in office to play along 

Mayor has no say in that.  Period.  

You need to stop it.  Anyone can say whatever they want - the Mayor's Office has zero involvement in the Harris County elections run by the County Clerk and County Tax Assessor. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Mayor has no say in that.  Period.  

You need to stop it.  Anyone can say whatever they want - the Mayor's Office has zero involvement in the Harris County elections run by the County Clerk and County Tax Assessor. 

they just need a puppet on the inside to scream ‘help’ 

1 hour ago, YChang said:

Who are potential legitimate candidates next time around? Buzbee again?

Buzbee has as good a chance of being elected Mayor of Houston as snow in Houston this month.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

im a heb Washington person myself 

The scenery is better at that one, but Dunlavy/Alabama is closer to the house and I’ve been shopping there since before Washington opened. Sometimes I’ll hit up Washington if I’m doing the shopping alone and have extra time.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, royiv said:

The scenery is better at that one, but Dunlavy/Alabama is closer to the house and I’ve been shopping there since before Washington opened. Sometimes I’ll hit up Washington if I’m doing the shopping alone and have extra time.

Thats my after dark heb

mcgregor is my #2, but day time only. It’s huge and great selection 

Edited by tx 3 putt

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Kroger is great because no one is usually there. In and out fast.

Kroger on Polk has an extremely sketching parking lot. You step inside and that store is always perfect: very busy store