Surly Boxing Thread

BigOrange1

11 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Beautiful fight.

I think Bivol got hard done a bit.  The 116-112 card was ridiculous.  Beterbiev landed most of his work on Bivol's gloves.  I was leaning more towards 115-113 Bivol or a draw.  

Yea I thought it was strange scoring. Obviously I wasn’t paying as close attention as normal, I was watching the buttfucking happening in Dallas also. I thought Bivol was really good and wouldn’t have had issue with a draw. I hope we get another fight between them.

6 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yea I thought it was strange scoring. Obviously I wasn’t paying as close attention as normal, I was watching the buttfucking happening in Dallas also. I thought Bivol was really good and wouldn’t have had issue with a draw. I hope we get another fight between them.

Right there with ya, man.  I had the game up on one screen and the fight up on my second screen.  Kept one eyeball glued to each.

The JABBR AI stats kind of played out exactly how I thought the fight went.  Beterbiev was busier, but missing and landing ineffective shots, while Bivol was landing the better, cleaner work.  I really think Bivol fucked himself by taking Round 11 off.  Beterbiev wasn't slowing down and Bivol's output dropped in the last three rounds and that's a bad look.  Was Beterbiev actually breaking Bivol down?  Nah.  But perception is reality.

And having that war criminal Khadyrov jumping in the ring, hugging Beterbiev, while it was clear Beterbiev's team got the scores early was just a terrible look.  This is a guy who has had fighters that fell out with him murdered.  Why the fuck is he anywhere near this fight?  I thought the Saudis were supposed to be sports washing their image.  This is the exact opposite of that.

• Hook 'Em 1