Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty

Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Seems odd that the defense is apparently going first in closing arguments. Usually it's the party with the burden of proof. Any insight on that? 

in Texas, prosecution has the right to go first, then rebut after defense summation.  however, prosecution can waive their right to go first and reserve both summation and rebuttal after defense presents...which is what i did  the vast majority of times when i was prosecuting.  

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Could the jury, in theory, return a verdict today/tonight? 

Depends on how long the prosecution takes for their closing. Then the judge will have to give instructions. Chances are they'll finish today with closing, and start the day tomorrow with instructions. 

Just now, Mo Horn said:

Depends on how long the prosecution takes for their closing. Then the judge will have to give instructions. Chances are they'll finish today with closing, and start the day tomorrow with instructions. 

think it would be Thursday if they don't wrap today, no?

6 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

If court isn't scheduled tomorrow then yes it will be Thursday. 

With Memorial day Monday... I think court is in sessions tomorrow, but I could be wrong

4 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

What does professional courtesy have to do with it?

Before a party makes a motion to the court asking for relief, they must confer with opponent about it. 

It is not unusual really, if a judge gets wind of the idea that the conference was half-assed, to deny the motion until the parties hash it out "sincerely." Even when one of the parties is an asshole and won't agree to anything. 

It can be annoying. 

On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if Jay Bratt was the government lawyer filing the motion and doing the conference. I am getting the impression from this and some other things that he is a bit of an asshole in his own right. 

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if Jay Bratt was the government lawyer filing the motion and doing the conference. I am getting the impression from this and some other things that he is a bit of an asshole in his own right. 

What’s his Surly handle?

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I don't want to say anything because I don't want to jinx anything, but I think Wed or Thurs could be very big for our country.

I'll make this bet with you:

1) if he is acquitted, he gets an immediate bump in the polls of 3 points or more.

2) if he is convicted, by the time November rolls around, he will be polling within 1 point of where he is polling right now.  That is....no negative effect.

Trump can only win, or run in place.  He can't lose.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Any of our community physicians want comment about what's going on this his upper hands/wrists?  That's not a good sign for somebody of his age.  

I suspect it's a blood surplus resulting from too much blood which is unnecessary to deliver oxygen to his tiny hands.  That, or skin failure.

-Doctor (Juris Doctor)

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

what you say is tiny might very well be outcome determinant in november.  this is going to be white knuckle.

Bolded for emphasis.  This is going to be closer than 2020.  And that was white knuckle as FUCK.

19 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Come on perp walk, one time...

Although, Christ, that probably helps him somehow...

What a time to be alive...

“He perp walks just like Boebert’s kid…..and like our family does.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Any of our community physicians want comment about what's going on this his upper hands/wrists?  That's not a good sign for somebody of his age.  

who are you talking about

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Could the jury, in theory, return a verdict today/tonight? 

yes. i’d be stunned if they did.

I assume the jury will be sequestered until they rule.  When I was a bailiff, I had a bad situation where the jury was sequestered mid-deliberation at a local motel.   One of the guy’s sons did not know dad was doing jury duty, but thought he was cheating on mom at the motel ‘cause he spotted his car.  One of Spokane’s finest saw the kid peering in a motel window.   The kid and the officer and the motel manager tried to come see the dad, but I stopped them and said they could not speak to my juror.  Cop cared not for a bailiff and got bowed up and said he “was in charge”.  He put his hand on his holster.  I had a Smith model 36 ‘Chief’s Special’ 38 snub nose as my service weapon, and told the guy to chill because I could get to my gun quicker than him - and neither of us needed to be shot over something so stupid when we could call the judge and get his input.  

My judge was bigly unhappy and tore the cop a new asshole for almost causing a mistrial in a week long rape-murder trial.  

(pro-tip for rapist murderers:

Do not kidnap a front desk clerk, but if you do, Try not to fill out a registration card With your name and vehicle number before you leave the scene and go kidnap rape murder)

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, bolverk said:

Sticky notes
A yellow sticky note affixed to the papers Trump carried into court read, “This case should be dismissed by the judge but it’s totally corrupt.” Images of the handwritten note were captured when news photographers were briefly allowed into the courtroom before proceedings started Tuesday.

Why does he need a sticky note for that?  He already says that a few dozen times a day.

Does he also have one that says, "Man, woman, person, camera, tv."?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

who are you talking about

The fat orange guy with the tiny hands.  Look at the upper part of his hands and his wrists.  Never mind his coloring, for a guy his size and age...that swelling level is not good.  He doesn't drink but that sharply indicates he is having organ malfunction.  He doesn't know it consciously, but it's happening.  He thinks he's invincible, but his body has begun to devour itself.  Only question remaining is whether we enjoy the hell outta this or he takes us down with him.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

59 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

yes. i’d be stunned if they did.

I assume the jury will be sequestered until they rule.  When I was a bailiff, I had a bad situation where the jury was sequestered mid-deliberation at a local motel.   One of the guy’s sons did not know dad was doing jury duty, but thought he was cheating on mom at the motel ‘cause he spotted his car.  One of Spokane’s finest saw the kid peering in a motel window.   The kid and the officer and the motel manager tried to come see the dad, but I stopped them and said they could not speak to my juror.  Cop cared not for a bailiff and got bowed up and said he “was in charge”.  He put his hand on his holster.  I had a Smith model 36 ‘Chief’s Special’ 38 snub nose as my service weapon, and told the guy to chill because I could get to my gun quicker than him - and neither of us needed to be shot over something so stupid when we could call the judge and get his input.  

My judge was bigly unhappy and tore the cop a new asshole for almost causing a mistrial in a week long rape-murder trial.  

(pro-tip for rapist murderers:

Do not kidnap a front desk clerk, but if you do, Try not to fill out a registration card With your name and vehicle number before you leave the scene and go kidnap rape murder)

I feel terrible for the victim but one reason that I love Surly is that in no way can I get this story in my current social circle.

The internet sucks for a myriad of reasons, but Surly is not one of them.

Thanks @Gatorubet. I guess there’s one more reason to be headed to the SEC other than the 50-75 other ones and the future stability of our athletic program:

5 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

The internet sucks for a myriad of reasons, but Surly is not one of them.

Thanks @Gatorubet. I guess there’s one more reason to be headed to the SEC other than the 50-75 other ones and the future stability of our athletic program:

Surly is awesome. Texas coming to the SEC makes us better in every sport, and increases our academic prestige. I think only 3 or 4 SEC institutions are AAU members. I know this won’t be popular, but Texas and Florida are very similar in academics and athletics, granted not with your past history. Both Big-Brother land grant universities, both hated by the A&Ms and FSUs of the world because we are what they ain’t.  

Thanks for the kind words. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Posted (edited)

So more on Cannons latest. Apparently at 530 pm on Friday the government sent Trumpco an email about their gag order motion, which was formatted as a condition to avoid pretrial detention,which is actually a bit more serious than the other gag orders, enforceable only by contempt. This would be to revoke his "bail" if he violates the conditions. 

Trumpco offered to review and discuss on Monday. The government declined and filed on Friday. And declined to identify the statements by Trump on which it was based (those referring to lethal force by the warrant team and to planting evidence). 

It was Jay Bratt on the motion.  The details may be off but this is the gist of it. 

That was a bit of a dick move by the government, even if it was likely futile. Pretty aggressive at any rate. 

The saving grace for the government is that they were apparently candid about the non-conference instead of pretending that they really did confer. 

You could rightfully expect just about any US District Judge in America to do what Cannon did here. Trumpco asked for sanctions and she declined. 

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I ought have known  those cultures which create shamans would also be caught up in the desecration of the Liar, but I dismissed buffalo wazoo as a one off.  #TeamHorseBoy

I guess simulation is another word for prophecy, in terms of structure a person grasps at, in order to make sense of utter chaos.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I'm so glad all the mini-dotards have adopted his "the whole country knows it's nonsense!" bullshit.

Bad news peeps.  My X account reveals that this young African-American GOP fan with a blue checkmark learned from the media covering the trial today that the prosecution totally lost the jury with their long bullshit.  Apparently, at least seven of the jurors will vote to quit Trump and this deliberation thing is absolutely a waste of time unless shenanigans happen.

Never forget, the vast unwashed who listen to Fox and mini foxes have heard the entire time from those “news” sources that the prosecution has been destroyed time and time again by Trump’s lawyers, and that Cohen was proven to be the worlds biggest liar, which destroyed the criminal case.    

They will read about the seven jurors who have been turned to trump’s team. The fact that that is not how it works, that is not how any of this works, will be lost on them completely should a conviction happen.  But rest assured that the neck beards will be furious that Joe Biden and the liberals got the verdict changed. 

It was stollen people!!!!

Violence is almost assured. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Bad news peeps.  My X account reveals that this young African-American GOP fan with a blue checkmark learned from the media covering the trial today that the prosecution totally lost the jury with their long bullshit.  Apparently, at least seven of the jurors will vote to quit Trump and this deliberation thing is absolutely a waste of time unless shenanigans happen.

Never forget, the vast unwashed who listen to Fox and mini foxes have heard the entire time from those “news” sources that the prosecution has been destroyed time and time again by Trump’s lawyers, and that Cohen was proven to be the worlds biggest liar, which destroyed the criminal case.    

They will read about the seven jurors who have been turned to trump’s team. The fact that that is not how it works, that is not how any of this works, will be lost on them completely should a conviction happen.  But rest assured that the neck beards will be furious that Joe Biden and the liberals got the verdict changed. 

It was stollen people!!!!

Violence is almost assured. 

I'm gonna go out a limb and guess they are in for a surprise by about 2 tomorrow.