Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty

Cairn Horn88

6 minutes ago, Foosters said:

bet you $50 its not

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'll sanction this. 

I'm in if hung juries go my way. In other words - any guilty verdict, @Foosters wins. Any other outcome, I win.

Just now, tokamak said:

I'm in if hung juries go my way. In other words - any guilty verdict, @Foosters wins. Any other outcome, I win.

There are 34 counts, right? You may want to rethink your side of the bet. 

3 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Ok, but that's an entirely different bet?

You claimed that we all know "damn well" that it will be NG's all the way down. Which means 408 votes for NG, and 0 votes for guilty. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

You’ll make a fortune if you get Elmo’s racist AI thing to crank them out. 

I think you have to have AI read them out... or cheaper still, txt to voice.  After all the payers are custom, and the txt is uploaded to the platform buy the sucker user.   Otherwise the hiring and writing the job profile is just too awkward.

12 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Ok, but that's an entirely different bet?

You claimed that we all know "damn well" that it will be NG's all the way down. Which means 408 votes for NG, and 0 votes for guilty. 

I think hung jury is equivalent to not guilty for Trump, politically. It feeds into his "witch hunt" narrative and continues to drag the case out forever.

I'm just incredulous that anything meaningful is ever going to stick to him. We've had that football pulled out from under our foot too many times already.

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I didn't realize that wouldn't be "not guilty".  The question stands:  would he walk or would he have to be re-tried?

Hung jury leaves open the possibility of retrial.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I thought all criminal convictions required a unanimous jury verdict. 

They have to be unanimous on guilty or not guilty.  If there are varied manners and means by which the crime can be committed, they may not have to be unanimous as to how he committed it (depending on the charges in question).  

Edited by dcbc

53 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Uhm, do they not remember how many fervent Trump supporters acted towards Chinese Americans during the early days of Covid?  Strange bedfellows indeed...

• Haha 1

Jury note has four requests:

1. Pecker's testimony regarding the phone conversation with Trump while in a meeting

2. Pecker's testimony regarding the trump tower meeting where the conspiracy was agreed upon

3. Cohen's testimony regarding the same trump tower meeting

4. Pecker testimony about a decision not to finalize one of the aspects of the deal with Karen McDougal

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Surly is awesome. Texas coming to the SEC makes us better in every sport, and increases our academic prestige. I think only 3 or 4 SEC institutions are AAU members. I know this won’t be popular, but Texas and Florida are very similar in academics and athletics, granted not with your past history. Both Big-Brother land grant universities, both hated by the A&Ms and FSUs of the world because we are what they ain’t.  

Thanks for the kind words. 

Now why wouldn't that be popular? We're very similar, though I think not as similar as we are with Meatchicken.

1 minute ago, Foggy Notion said:

1. Pecker's testimony regarding the phone conversation with Trump while in a meeting

2. Pecker's testimony regarding the trump tower meeting where the conspiracy was agreed upon

4. Pecker testimony about a decision not to finalize one of the aspects of the deal with Karen McDougal

Although the jury will just be told they have to rely on their memory, I don't see how this can possibly be good news for Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Foggy Notion said:

He's cooked.

• Hook 'Em 4

29 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I'll bet $50 with the proceeds to ActBlue on tokamak's side to the first person that wants that action. 100% Hung jury and we both donate?

I am also betting on hung jury. 

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Although the jury will just be told they have to rely on their memory, I don't see how this can possibly be good news for Trump. 

I think they can have the testimony read back to them, no?

• Hook 'Em 2

I hope nobody reading this is that stupid, but anyone thinking the outcome of today’s events will be Trump in jail and/or ineligible this November is really really setting themselves up for disappointment.  Even if they come back with a guilty verdict (HUGE IF), he will appeal and tie this up until past the election.  The earliest possible solution to the Trump problem is if he loses this fall, but far more likely not until he dies, which could be a decade or more away.

2 minutes ago, dcbc said:

I mean, maybe New York is different, but every trial I've been apart of in multiple jurisdictions has not allowed that. 

NYT

Jonah Bromwich
May 29, 2024, 3:27 p.m. ET2 minutes ago
2 minutes ago

Jonah Bromwich

Reporting from inside the courthouse

Typically, when jurors request to hear testimony, they return to the courtroom and the relevant portions of the transcript are read aloud by the court reporters. Sometimes court reporters have a little fun with this, doing impressions and imitating accents. I’d be surprised to see that here. The court reporter is already on the witness stand, waiting for the jury.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dcbc said:

I don’t need it read back to me like a goddamn infant.  I’m getting on a plane and going back to my resort /jessuptrump

There will be no convictions or retrial.  But have a good look at him.  He’s dying. He doesn’t know It.  But his body does 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Especially if the actually note says: "where the conspiracy was agreed upon"

Yeah this was my question. Were those their actual questions or was that a translation?

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I mean, maybe New York is different, but every trial I've been apart of in multiple jurisdictions has not allowed that. 

I'd swear I've seen the parties agree to it, but it's been a minute since I've wondered about it. 

5 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

I hope nobody reading this is that stupid, but anyone thinking the outcome of today’s events will be Trump in jail and/or ineligible this November is really really setting themselves up for disappointment.  Even if they come back with a guilty verdict (HUGE IF), he will appeal and tie this up until past the election.  The earliest possible solution to the Trump problem is if he loses this fall, but far more likely not until he dies, which could be a decade or more away.

Yes, but a guilty verdict is the only hope we have of moving the needle AT ALL for "undecided" or "independents".  Acquittal and it's a permission structure for a fuck ton of people to vote for him.

• Hook 'Em 9

2 minutes ago, dcbc said:

I'd swear I've seen the parties agree to it, but it's been a minute since I've wondered about it. 

The parties could agree to it. But absent that, my experience has been judges not wanting the written record to replace the overall impression of the testimony of a witness. 

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yeah this was my question. Were those their actual questions or was that a translation?

As far as I can tell, that was a translation. All of the other references I’ve seen regarding the four questions from the jury have just referred to Pecker’s testimony regarding the Trump Tower meeting. 

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I hate when the jury asks questions, because you spend the whole time wondering "what does it mean?  Is it good for us?  Bad for us?"  And I have yet to figure it out.

Also, the highest heart rates of my entire life have immediately followed the two most stressful words in the English language: "jury's back."  Seriously.  That moment is brutal to my lawyer brain and heart.  Then, waiting for them as the go through the verdict form, and writing down their answers on your notepad, because you have to do SOMETHING, you can't just stare at them as it's read.

Hopefully when they read his guilty verdict, they double mispronounce his first name "'Orenthal' J. Trump."

16 minutes ago, Foggy Notion said:

5. Stormy's testimony regarding Trump's pecker

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty