Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty

Cairn Horn88

Posted (edited)

Sitting at the bar before pool league and overhearing some folks talk. Just heard, "I was going to vote third party, but no way I can let a convicted felon win, so I guess I'm voting joe."

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Drool 2

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I love all the bootlickers crying about how this is the end of the republic, etc. when Team Dotard barely even mounted a defense, save "nuh uh, he's lying!". Zero counter-narrative to explain what happened. Trump wouldn't even testify. This was an obviously guilty person being convicted of his obvious crimes. 

I wish they'd just save time and post some a pic of their pre-cum soaked trump boxers to be succinct.

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Is he no longer allowed to vote? lol 

If the state in which he was convicted allows felons to vote, that right will be extended to him in Florida, so long as he’s not in jail.

2 minutes ago, Satchel said:

If the state in which he was convicted allows felons to vote, that right will be extended to him in Florida, so long as he’s not in jail.

...so put him in jail then.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I remember when having an affair made one ineligible for office.  Now the GOP will back a convicted felon and serial adulterer who tried to overthrow the government.  And he was best buds with Jeffrey Fucking Epstein.

Agreed. These are not normal times. I hope.

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I can't even muster enthusiasm.  There's no point to this.  He won't go to prison and he'll still be on the ballot and 90% of Republicans (which happens to be about as many voters as it takes to win an election in this country) won't change their mind one bit.

This.

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

IMG_0285.gif

And yep, this seems like a real possibility.  Not in terms of changed minds, but in terms of boosted enthusiasm of his supporters.  E.g., if Trump supporters were gonna show up and vote at a 70% rate, this may take it to 72%.  Because they are horrible people.

2 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Let me try something:

He'll never die

I like the way you think.

2 hours ago, Born to Run said:
2 hours ago, David Dennison said:
And the GOP being what it is, there's a real possibility that a convicted felon will become president on January 20, 2025.

Maybe, i take a measure of comfort that you have less and less correct as of late. Like maybe the tide of shit has reached its apex.

Praying this is true.  Not counting on it.  Nothing I would like more than to have my pessimism firmly squashed.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Ha. Not that excited. Happy that the fact-based forum did its job. Not seeing much in terms of grounds of appeal like the civil fraud case. 

But also it won't make a shit, election wise. 

So VOTE. 

And definitely this.  We have to win, decisively, in November.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Surlyhorns Daily Texan News and Current Events:

Flight disrupting assholes Thread of Shame

2024 Rain Thread

What the fuck is wrong with you, Austin?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
47 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:
The Finns are good people. I have stayed in contact with a couple I met five years ago. I remember a quote from the guy when we were talking about Europe, France and French attitudes in particular. “Nobody in Europe likes France. We all hate the French.”

I have met some great people in France, just not Parisans. They spoil it for the rest of the country. It's not a monolith. Like assuming people from Colombus Ohio ( or Columbus Texas for that matter) represent the entire country.

Born to Run gets it better. Go talk with any rando from around America or Canada and ask them if they like people from New York City. Your answer would be just about the same. It's the Parisians they have a problem with.

Edited by bolverk

23 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I love all the bootlickers crying about how this is the end of the republic, etc. when Team Dotard barely even mounted a defense, save "nuh uh, he's lying!". Zero counter-narrative to explain what happened. Trump wouldn't even testify. This was an obviously guilty person being convicted of his obvious crimes. 

Trump’s team did his bidding. He wanted them to aggressively deny any wrongdoing on his part and try to impeach the testimony of Daniels and Cohen. It’s all he cared about. He’s a raving lunatic 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

clutch the pearls.gif

I just don't understand the logic here. Criminal trials don't get thrown out. This isn't a civil case. This is a law on the books that was broken. The appeal is merely procedure based at this point. There is also nothing constitutional about this case. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Been in a hearing all day.  Did anything interesting happen in this case today?

We have a pond in the back...pool and a pond.  Pond would be good for you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lurch said:

4a75a361211110a0a0c8f826903efb3f.jpg

Oh that's right. The President of the United States was trying to stop the counting of votes during a presidential election. You just lose track of all of it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, immamac said:

I just don't understand the logic here. Criminal trials don't get thrown out. This isn't a civil case. This is a law on the books that was broken. The appeal is merely procedure based at this point. There is also nothing constitutional about this case. 

Your mistake is thinking there is any logic to understand.

It's called continue to shovel bullshit, knowing many small-minded, completely devoid of critical thinking skills Americans will buy it.  

• Hook 'Em 3