Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty

Cairn Horn88

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Something to consider is that he turned over two of the three pistols he owned to NYPD last year, so it's not like he can plead ignorance. Mar-a-Lago is his little fiefdom where laws don't apply, and he can simply squirrel away shit he wants to keep from the government.

image.png.3be04cac50a395b04ee52dc8e67e017b.png

image.png.585e5e15d7f12c7b4132d4e46031c329.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

If true, that's silly.

A federal agency tasked with his protection would likely disagree. 

Suicides account for 56% of deaths related to firearms, while 41% were homicides, and about 1% were preventable/accidental.

Ex POTUS has agents to guard against homicide.

Some felon-in-possession of firearms statutes apply even to those merely under indictment.  The federal law requires a conviction, but makes no exception for those convictions that are not yet final, meaning subject to appeal or post-trial motions, etc.  But there is probably some case law interpreting what is and is not a "conviction" for purposes of 18 USC 922.

Also, Trump's conviction won't even be "final" for purposes of appeal until he is sentenced.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

A federal agency tasked with his protection would likely disagree. 

Suicides account for 56% of deaths related to firearms, while 41% were homicides, and about 1% were preventable/accidental.

Ex POTUS has agents to guard against homicide.

What does that have to do with the ex POTUS possessing a firearm?  I'm not talking about convicted felon Donald Trump, I'm talking about @YGIFS' assertion that no ex POTUS can possess loaded firearms.

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

What does that have to do with the ex POTUS possessing a firearm?  I'm not talking about convicted felon Donald Trump, I'm talking about @YGIFS' assertion that no ex POTUS can possess loaded firearms.

I suggest that the post you quoted addresses non felons, too.

Trump is not in my Top 3 of favorite Presidents, but I think that he and every other former President should be properly armed, in case they ever have to engage in single combat with an aggressive foreign peer. Think AMLO all jacked up on PCP, or Macron with a bellyful of stale wine and Sartre.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

16 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

I suggest that the post you quoted addresses non felons, too.

I'm sorry, are you drunk?  I simply questioned the reasonableness of the concept that no ex POTUS can possess a loaded firearm.

He wasn’t president, but they say that 1952 and 56 Democratic nominee and later diplomat Adlai Stevenson wore a pair of single action Colt revolvers with ivory handles and hair triggers in a custom made, white leather rig set up for a standard draw on the right and a “navy twist” on the left. Sammy Davis jr. heard about this and challenged the UN Ambassador to a quick draw contest at Joey Bishop’s house during a party, and that’s how Sammy Davis Jr lost the eye. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

12 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

He wasn’t president, but they say that 1952 and 56 Democratic nominee and later diplomat Adlai Stevenson wore a pair of single action Colt revolvers with ivory handles and hair triggers in a custom made, white leather rig set up for a standard draw on the right and a “navy twist” on the left. Sammy Davis jr. heard about this and challenged the UN Ambassador to a quick draw contest at Joey Bishop’s house during a party, and that’s how Sammy Davis Jr lost the eye. 

I can tell you from personal experience, that if you go to a Halloween party dressed as an Arab Sheikh, and you strapped on a machete (because who owns a scimitar in this day and age?) and you run into another guy dressed and armed the same way, do not, DO NOT get in a friendly machete quick-draw contest.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I can tell you from personal experience, that if you go to a Halloween party dressed as an Arab Sheikh, and you strapped on a machete (because who owns a scimitar in this day and age?) and you run into another guy dressed and armed the same way, do not, DO NOT get in a friendly machete quick-draw contest.

Aw, but those shenanigans sound cheeky and fun!

• Drool 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm sorry, are you drunk?  I simply questioned the reasonableness of the concept that no ex POTUS can possess a loaded firearm.

Well, I wasn’t. My thinking is that POTUS’ wishes take a back seat to Secret Service imperative. 

Edited to say that is a good thing. Were POTUS able to countermand SS, tfg might have led J6 insurrectionists into the capitol. I assume JFK was the last POTUS to override SS policy.

I can agree that having a loaded firearm is a reasonable expectation, while also believing that the SS has last say.

Edited by Willfully Horn

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

I’m digging out my Indiana Jones gear

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

Are you saying that it somehow morphed into an Arabic bris?

• Drool 1

7 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

I can tell you from personal experience, that if you go to Fantasy Fest a Halloween party dressed as Fidel Castro an Arab Sheikh, and you strapped on a machete (because who owns a scimitar in this day and age?) and you DO NOT run into another guy dressed as a female dominatrix and armed the same way, do not, DO NOT get in a friendly machete quick-draw contest. They'll scream "Fidel you've been a bad boy!" and chase you down Duval St with a paddle while the crowd cheers them on.

Good advice!, good advice

Edited by locodos
  • Drool 1

On 6/11/2024 at 10:12 PM, RDCanecutter said:

Trump is not in my Top 3 of favorite Presidents, but I think that he and every other former President should be properly armed, in case they ever have to engage in single combat with an aggressive foreign peer. Think AMLO all jacked up on PCP, or Macron with a bellyful of stale wine and Sartre.

Trial by wombat.

And, no, that is not a spelling error or auto-correction.

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

On 6/11/2024 at 2:37 PM, Brisketexan said:

My S. Texas grandfather used to sit and pontificate to us youngsters, a Pearl in one hand and an unfiltered cigarette in the other.  One of his pieces of wisdom was "hell, boy....any politician, you gotta give 'em reasonable stealin' privileges.  It comes with the job!"  Which gets to my bit about "everyone takes post-it notes."  Everyone takes advantage of some "perk" of their job to add a few percentage points to their quality of life.  If a politician uses his broad knowledge of development codes, traffic patterns, and the like to make a better real estate deal than Joe Schmoe could....so be it.  If he gets invited to UT football games to visit with UT leadership about how the City and University can work together better....so be it.  Hell, lots of public entities have rules that their employees cannot accept a gift worth over $50...meaning that they CAN accept a gift.  So do I care if your local director of planning sits down with someone who buys them a $30 lunch and pitches why they think it's important to allow live witnesses at permit hearings?  Nope.  It's de minimis.  And if the director is changing his policy position because someone bought him an Old Timer with cheese and some boneless buffalo wings, we were already fucked.   Dem, Repub, Monster Raving Looney Party, human beings always have and always will do such things.

But when they get fucking WEALTHY by virtue of their position, and use their position for the PRIMARY end of service to self/self-enrichment, that's when we're fucked.

And politicians have done that in the past -- truly crooked politicians have existed since the dawn of time, from all parties.  Sometimes, it was completely systemic (Tammany Hall shit in NY), sometimes it was one-offs (Bob Menendez taking gold bars to get some dudes favorable import treatment for halal meat).  But not in my memory has it been 1) across-the-board for an entire party, and 2) treated by that party as a fucking VIRTUE instead of something to be hidden and ashamed of.

They fucking BRAG about it, they don't try to hide it.  It's a feature, not a bug.  It's one of the ways they demonstrate their absolute power: "look at me, I'm corrupt right in front of your face.  And there's not a goddamned thing you can do about it.  THAT is how powerful I am, you fucking insects."

It's how you kill a Republic, very, very quickly.

51 minutes ago, Pancho said:

How does this not lead to an investigation? 

I don't see anything illegal in the tweet that's visible to me, and I'm not clicking through to Twitter to see what else is typed there. What am I missing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I don't see anything illegal in the tweet that's visible to me, and I'm not clicking through to Twitter to see what else is typed there. What am I missing?

Reportedly, Johnson agreed to look into how in the hell the U.S. House of Representative might help out Trump with his state court criminal conviction.  I don't know if a fool's errand is something worth investigating.

• Hook 'Em 2

Fun fact-Milwaukee's most notorious criminal, Jeffrey Dahmer...only had half the number of felony convictions as Donald Trump.  And they both enjoyed their meat well done with lots of ketchup.  

Anybody know where to find the RNC broadcast schedule?  It's less than 30 days out and it's this closely guarded secret.  Obviously they do their 'work' during the day which consists of basically just ripping up the platform/plank and just writing 'Donald Trump' on the board 100 times like Bart Simpson.  But there are some people in particular I'd prefer to watch make awkward speeches on his behalf throughout the week, but can't find the agenda anywhere.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I heard he’s gonna go out to lake michigan, strap on a leather jacket fonzi style and a pair of skis, get pulled behind an electric powered ski boat, jump a bull shark that just ate a woman’s leg, nail the landing, and then rename lake michigan as the Donald John Trump Exclusive Economic Zone of the United State of Michigan and its Upper Peninsula.

It’s gonna be a helluva show.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

40 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I bet he gives a shoutout to Laverne, Shirley and the gang during his acceptance rant. 

Laverne would rip whatever that is on top of his head off and throw it in the gutter. Carmine would step in to finish the deal.

734e6591-d37f-4bed-8dee-320e2428c8d1_tex

• Like 1

On 5/30/2024 at 6:19 PM, Mdhorn said:

Was just thinking, Trump's supporters certainly can't defend a man that couldn't take the stand in his own defense.

I’ve begun to consider they ARE being intellectually honest, but are blinded by a congenital lack of empathy and self awareness. This possibility offers lessons only otherwise gleaned from a trip to a Nazi museum without having to deal with long flights and hassles of transatlantic travel.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

On 6/13/2024 at 12:45 PM, South Austin said:

Not gonna lie, I do like getting rep in this thread much more than others.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

SAD!

Trump gag order appeal dismissed by New York’s top court

New York’s highest court on Tuesday dismissed former President Donald Trump’s appeal of the gag order in his criminal hush money trial.

The New York Court of Appeals in a brief decision declined to hear Trump’s bid “upon the ground that no substantial constitutional question is directly involved.”

The decision means Trump’s gag order, which bars him from speaking about jurors, witnesses and other parties involved in the Manhattan Supreme Court case, remains in effect.

Trump’s attorneys have also asked Judge Juan Merchan, who presided over the trial, to terminate the gag order because the trial is over.

The Manhattan District Attorney’s office, however, urged Merchan to keep the restrictions in place, at least until after a sentencing hearing is held and certain post-trial motions are resolved.

Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung said in a statement that the former president and his legal team “will continue to fight against the unconstitutional Gag Order imposed by Justice Merchan.”

The order “wrongfully silences” Trump “at the height of his campaign,” Cheung said, adding that voters “have a fundamental right to hear his message.”

Trump’s attorney Todd Blanche and a spokesperson for the Manhattan DA declined to comment.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, locodos said:

e order “wrongfully silences” Trump “at the height of his campaign,” Cheung said, adding that voters “have a fundamental right to hear his message.”

Voters have a right to hear Trump trash jurors and witnesses from his trial?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

I was flipping channels and got to Newsmax who was covering Dotard's really today. Their chryon in bold letters was announcing they were now the 4th rated cable news network. I LOL'd

• Haha 3

So where does that place them in the massive brawl hierarchy about to take place in the old industrial park in San Diego?  

Brick killed James Rosen.....with a trident.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

So where does that place them in the massive brawl hierarchy about to take place in the old industrial park in San Diego?  

Brick killed James Rosen.....with a trident.  

He should probably lay low for a while. 

• Haha 2

I was flipping channels and got to Newsmax who was covering Dotard's really today. Their chryon in bold letters was announcing they were now the 4th rated cable news network. I LOL'd

Behind who? I mean, there’s CNN and Fox. I guess they mean MSNBC? Are they really flexing on being a bigger news network than the Hallmark channel or some shit?