Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty

Cairn Horn88

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

This also means it comes out when early voting in the earliest states starts around 45-50 days out. That’s mid septemberish. Pennsylvania is one of those states that starts then.

Weissman is a pretty good commentator as they go on X.  Supposedly, he was a quite formidable AUSA (led the Mueller team) and a bit of a dick.  He comes off as very owlish on TV/video, though.

Edited by TwiceHorn

4 hours ago, dcbc said:

Good thing there are 34 counts.  I don't think any of it is getting an acquittal, but if I'm wrong, I don't think it knocks more that a couple out (and that might be a stretch).

I hope you’re right. I am not super familiar with the evidence used other than stormy Daniels testimony lol. 

2 minutes ago, troph said:

I hope you’re right. I am not super familiar with the evidence used other than stormy Daniels testimony lol. 

At this point in my career, I'm about 50/50.

• Hook 'Em 1

Judge dismisses classified documents case against Donald Trump
https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/15/politics/judge-dismissses-classified-documents-case-against-donald-trump-is-dismissed
I for one am shocked

“In the end, it seems the Executive’s growing comfort in appointing ‘regulatory’ special counsels in the more recent era has followed an ad hoc pattern with little judicial scrutiny,” Cannon wrote.

lol we’re so fucked
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

I presume that by now, y'all have reached the conclusion that "the ledge" is actually a pretty large fucking chunk of real estate, right?

The takeover is almost complete.  Enjoy the illusion of this election.  It's the last remotely "free and fair" election you'll ever see (in truth, that election is in your rearview mirror).  The installation of the king is almost complete.  Wanna bet on whether the SCOTUS actually enforces the 22nd amendment in 2028 when Trump "runs" for a third term?

• Rage+1 4

15 minutes ago, Shut up Lou Holtz said:

So can they refile and get a real judge?

Yup. White courtesy phone 

No, a reversal sends the case back to her. There's a chance the appellate court kicks her off in their decision, though. 

Edited by Hookah Horns
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Macanudo said:

Game over folks.   Just bend over and grab you ankles for what is coming.  

Remember when you called me shortly after Trump was elected in 2016, to ask me "is this really as bad as you're making it sound?"  And remember I said "yes?"  I was wrong.  It was worse than I thought.

• Hook 'Em 2

So the only remaining case with any real teeth. 

Cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

• Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Of all the people to make a king they choose the absolute worst piece of shit.

It takes a special type of person to want to be the figurehead for what's happening.  Most would be a guilt and anxiety ridden mess at this point.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Remember when you called me shortly after Trump was elected in 2016, to ask me "is this really as bad as you're making it sound?"  And remember I said "yes?"  I was wrong.  It was worse than I thought.

As was I.  There was some hope in .e that we could weather 4 years of Trump and move on.  I was incredibly naive and terribly wrong.

How do I get a visa for New Zealand?

32 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Bwahaha.  Not funny, but she's going to get cornholed by the 11th Circuit.  I would not be at all surprised to see this reassigned to a different judge.

The Supreme Court might take cert though.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Bwahaha.  Not funny, but she's going to get cornholed by the 11th Circuit.  I would not be at all surprised to see this reassigned to a different judge.

Robert Downey Jr Laughter GIF by PBS SoCal

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I presume that by now, y'all have reached the conclusion that "the ledge" is actually a pretty large fucking chunk of real estate, right?

Move over, Bacon.  We're headed up.

Edited by dcbc

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The takeover is almost complete.  Enjoy the illusion of this election.  It's the last remotely "free and fair" election you'll ever see (in truth, that election is in your rearview mirror).  The installation of the king is almost complete.  Wanna bet on whether the SCOTUS actually enforces the 22nd amendment in 2028 when Trump "runs" for a third term?

It's like in the great stories Mr. Brisket, the ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn't want to know the end because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end it's only a passing thing this shadow, even darkness must pass. A new day will come, and when the sun shines it'll shine out the clearer. l know now folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going because they were holding on to something. That there's some good in the world, Mr. Brisket, and it's worth fighting for.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

How long will that take? What are the steps to get there?

3 minutes ago, elguapo said:

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Despite all the bitching, she has finally made a substantive ruling that is actually very likely wrong.  This has not yet happened in the case.

In the manifold ways in which she could have fucked the government on this and left Smith without remedy, without appeal, this is not it.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Despite all the bitching, she has finally made a substantive ruling that is actually very likely wrong.  This has not yet happened in the case.

In the manifold ways in which she could have fucked the government on this and left Smith without remedy, without appeal, this is not it.

After she gets reversed, she'll then wait until the jury is sworn in before dismissing it again. Then it's donezo. 

It's a multi step plan. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Might? You really have a shred of remaining faith that this isn't a coup that has nothing to do with reason, precedent, logic, decency or any consideration other than it's time to put a handful of billionaires in complete control through a puppet king?

• Rage+1 1

Just now, dieucla98 said:

How long will that take? What are the steps to get there?

Smith will appeal immediately to the 11th Circuit.  I'm not sure there's any particular basis this time to expedite the appeal, as there was last time, as this order actually terminates the criminal case, so there's no underlying case to worry about.  But I'm not sure how that works, tbh.

There were several different arguments advanced that were subtly different. The one she seized upon is the one that has been rejected everywhere else, including in a very similar fashion by the Supreme Court itself in Morrison v. Olson, 487 U.S. 654 (1988); referenced with approval by this very Court in the CFPB case.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

So do I still have right to be chagrined at Garland?  Couldn't he have just told one of his young turk US attorneys to go fuck Trump up?

Not on this. He's not good at his job, but this case was getting tossed in any event. She would have found another "reason."

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hookah Horns said:

After she gets reversed, she'll then wait until the jury is sworn in before dismissing it again. Then it's donezo. 

It's a multi step plan. 

There are 4 votes to grant cert at SCOTUS and a stay. There’s no way this case will be tried