Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty

Cairn Horn88

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

There were several different arguments advanced that were subtly different. The one she seized upon is the one that has been rejected everywhere else, including in a very similar fashion by the Supreme Court itself in Morrison v. Olson, 487 U.S. 654 (1988); referenced with approval by this very Court in the CFPB case.

Good news for us.  SCOTUS seems hard-wired to follow precedent.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 4

13 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Hope everyone realizes the violence on Saturday was not a one-off, it was the beginning of what's coming.

Beginning?  Dude.  It started quite a while back.  El Paso.  Buffalo.  Pittsburgh.  January 6th.  Saturday was a continuation, and a tiny one at that.  We've been in a bloody civil war for years now.  Which is exactly what the MAGAs want, and have always wanted.

They want everyone who doesn't bow to them dead, imprisoned, or deported.  They have acted on that desire.  They will continue to do so.

Even if you have an anti-gun philosophy, you should change your fucking mind.  You should 1) buy a firearm, 2) learn how to use it with skill, and 3) lay in a decent supply of ammunition.  The chances of you needing to use lethal force to protect yourself against emboldened Trumpist Irregulars are only going up.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Yup. Biden needs to quit worrying about the propriety of being perceived as attempting to affect the case and just go ahead and publish all of the evidence against Trump (though if he wants to wait until October to do so, I'm ok with that). "I'd hoped that the legal system wasn't broken yet, but it is clear that MAGA judges and justices will never allow the American people to see this evidence" is an easy enough explanation.  

If there is evidence that Trump was selling any of it, I would say it's Biden's obligation to do that at this point.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, immamac said:

I'm pretty likely to start my move to mexico after this weekend. 

Another Trump promise fulfilled... Mexico is going to build a wall to keep Americans out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Appointing special counsels has been around for a long time. Can a judge just arbitrarily rule like that? "I think blue ties should be illegal and since Jack Smith is wearing one right now this case is dismissed." 

18 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Yup. Biden needs to quit worrying about the propriety of being perceived as attempting to affect the case and just go ahead and publish all of the evidence against Trump (though if he wants to wait until October to do so, I'm ok with that). "I'd hoped that the legal system wasn't broken yet, but it is clear that MAGA judges and justices will never allow the American people to see this evidence" is an easy enough explanation.  

MAGA will just say it was all made up.  Nothing will change the cult's mind.  

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Can a judge just arbitrarily rule like that?

I would guess that's going to be Smith's appeal argument.  It's not her place to decide that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

MAGA will just say it was all made up.  Nothing will change the cult's mind.  

Talk about fucking irrelevant shit, jesus. Who cares what his cult thinks? His cult isn't enough to win him the fucking election. There are millions of undecided voters who are not in his cult but might vote for him anyway (or stay home rather than vote for Biden).  

I swear to fucking god I will say the meanest things I can think of about the moms of any more of you motherfuckers who respond with some "nothing matters his cult won't believe it" to any political discussion. That shit is ten times dumber than anything Icono has ever posted on this board.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Even if you have an anti-gun philosophy, you should change your fucking mind.  You should 1) buy a firearm, 2) learn how to use it with skill, and 3) lay in a decent supply of ammunition.  The chances of you needing to use lethal force to protect yourself against emboldened Trumpist Irregulars are only going up.

Steve Buscemi Fuck All That GIF - Steve Buscemi Fuck All That - Discover &  Share GIFs

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Appointing special counsels has been around for a long time. Can a judge just arbitrarily rule like that? "I think blue ties should be illegal and since Jack Smith is wearing one right now this case is dismissed." 

The really fucked up thing about it is, the Appointments Clause is concerned with Separation of Powers, that is, the extent to which Congress can impose limits (or expand) the authority of the Executive to do things, such as appoint superior officers without the advise and consent of the Senate.

That is what most of this litigation in the past has centered upon.

But this regime of appointing special counsel has nothing whatsoever to do with Congress:  it occurs entirely within the Executive branch.  By regulation, the SC can only be removed for cause by the AG.  But, presumably, given that the AG reports to the President, the AG could be ordered to remove the SC.

She fucked the dog on this.  BIg time bro.

If SCOTUS followed her ruling, they would be taking power away from the Executive, which is something they're not particularly inclined to do.  Unless it gives power to them, which this would not.

• Hook 'Em 3

I think it's very darkly funny that, in his endless good faith attempts to explain the legal system to Surly, Twice has probably done about as much as Cannon and SCOTUS to destroy its legitimacy in the eyes of most non-lawyer posters. He's actually done a better job demonstrating that law is Calvinball than me repeatedly saying "law is Calvinball" has.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The really fucked up thing about it is, the Appointments Clause is concerned with Separation of Powers, that is, the extent to which Congress can impose limits (or expand) the authority of the Executive to do things, such as appoint superior officers without the advise and consent of the Senate.

That is what most of this litigation in the past has centered upon.

But this regime of appointing special counsel has nothing whatsoever to do with Congress:  it occurs entirely within the Executive branch.  By regulation, the SC can only be removed for cause by the AG.  But, presumably, given that the AG reports to the President, the AG could be ordered to remove the SC.

She fucked the dog on this.  BIg time bro.

If SCOTUS followed her ruling, they would be taking power away from the Executive, which is something they're not particularly inclined to do.  Unless it gives power to them, which this would not.

I guaran-fucking-tee you that whatever happens, it will benefit the orange cunt.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

22 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I would guess that's going to be Smith's appeal argument.  It's not her place to decide that. 

Oh, it probably is her place to make that decision.  Judicial review starts in the district courts, pretty much every time.

The reasoning of her decision is fucked up though.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I presume that by now, y'all have reached the conclusion that "the ledge" is actually a pretty large fucking chunk of real estate, right?

The takeover is almost complete.  Enjoy the illusion of this election.  It's the last remotely "free and fair" election you'll ever see (in truth, that election is in your rearview mirror).  The installation of the king is almost complete.  Wanna bet on whether the SCOTUS actually enforces the 22nd amendment in 2028 when Trump "runs" for a third term?

But he will be too old!

18 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Talk about fucking irrelevant shit, jesus. Who cares what his cult thinks? His cult isn't enough to win him the fucking election. There are millions of undecided voters who are not in his cult but might vote for him anyway (or stay home rather than vote for Biden).  

I swear to fucking god I will say the meanest things I can think of about the moms of any more of you motherfuckers who respond with some "nothing matters his cult won't believe it" to any political discussion. That shit is ten times dumber than anything Icono has ever posted on this board.

Dig your head out of your ass.  The cult is much bigger than you think it is.  There is a large part of the group who are silent because deep down they know it is wrong but they are still going to vote for Trump.  And Fuck you for comparing anything I have to say to Icono.  You are so fucking brilliant.    

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I think it's very darkly funny that, in his endless good faith attempts to explain the legal system to Surly, Twice has probably done about as much as Cannon and SCOTUS to destroy its legitimacy in the eyes of most non-lawyer posters. He's actually done a better job demonstrating that law is Calvinball than me repeatedly saying "law is Calvinball" has.

I have never said it's not Calvinball.  It's always been Calvinball, especially at the Supreme Court.  It does have a few more rules than Calvinball.

Appreciate the acknowledgement of good faith, though.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

It's fascinating how the decent market right now does help MAGA in that wealthier liberals do have the ability to take themselves and their shitty leftist culture to other countries, which will in turn lead to their shitty liberal children emigrating as well.

The only thing good about all this for us is that we're less than 2 years from retiring and doing just that. Our money will keep growing and we'll do better living in Spain. Still pisses me off though, and I'd prefer less retirement income (we'll still be fine) and not have this country's future go to shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

42 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

So $3.50 is currently 62.33 pesos.  Are we changing subscription names?

Do we also have to change our handles / usernames as well?

Is ADNhombre taken?

• Haha 1

Dumb question but was this ruling always going to come down today?

I ask because it’s weirdly timed to come out when all the newsy news will be covering the assassination attempt and not this. Kind of like sneaking shit in on a Friday afternoon 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

People moving to Mexico to escape government corruption and cronyism. That's where we're at right now.

And yet, Mexico's highest court has legalized abortion, gay marriage and weed.  

So we are socially moving in the exact opposite directions. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Dumb question but was this ruling always going to come down today?

I ask because it’s weirdly timed to come out when all the newsy news will be covering the assassination attempt and not this. Kind of like sneaking shit in on a Friday afternoon 

No, she could've released this whenever she wanted.