Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty

Cairn Horn88

15 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Sotomayor should step down to ensure a Democrat can name her replacement. 

That's smart politics.

Also, I think Biden gives Democrats the best chance of winning. If I didn't, I'd want him off the ticket.

100% she should but she won’t.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

No, but I'd rather Biden make that nomination now. Who knows what the Senate or White House will look like on January 20.

I'm torn on this.  She's "only" 70.  But, she's been a Type 1 diabetic since her youth.  There's a lot of risk either way.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

her clerks/Federalist Society/Heritage Foundation started drafting that bad boy the day after the case was filed.  they were just waiting for Thomas's concurrence to fill in that cite.

today was the perfect day to release it.  when Trump has as much sympathy as he'll ever have from the American people after being shot at.

this case was over as soon as Trump got his hand picked judge

she knew her assignment, throw this case out or delay until after the election 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Since we can no longer expect judges to self regulate when it comes to conflicts of interest, we should codify a standard that governs what they are. And we should begin with making it unlawful for a judge to sit in judgement of matters involving the person who appointed them.

• Hook 'Em 8

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Seeing the classified documents case against Trump dismissed has sent me to a level of despair about this country that is lower than it has ever been during my lifetime. This is a truly screwed up country. 

His actions were illegal, unconscionable, and immoral. And he faces no consequences at all, and worse yet 48% of the population is too stupid to realize he is traitor to this country. It’s just unbelievable. 

Senate Republicans had a chance to do the right thing. They chose not to.

From a purely political perspective, it's beginning to look like they chose wisely.

Sucks for the country, though. Bigly.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

Seeing the classified documents case against Trump dismissed has sent me to a level of despair about this country that is lower than it has ever been during my lifetime. This is a truly screwed up country. 
His actions were illegal, unconscionable, and immoral. And he faces no consequences at all, and worse yet 48% of the population is too stupid to realize he is traitor to this country. It’s just unbelievable. 

Welcome to the ledge, pal. We’ve been waiting for you.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

The documents case will go forward. But it will only be after all of Trump’s appeals are exhausted. The courts colluded to make sure that would be the case, long past the election.

• Rage+1 4

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Soon the Georgia case will be dismissed and there will be no consequences for him asking state officials to falsify an election. Truly Teflon

• Rage+1 2

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

Just incredibly childlike thinking as well. "Hurr durr she likes Trump. Put her on the Supreme Court!" 

It’s not that she likes him. It’s that she’ll do his bidding. She’s his errand girl. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Fastbreak said:

One of the worst weeks in American history. Soon however we will look back and think these were the good ole days…

I don't know that despair is the right word. Neither is panic. 

After seeing the reaction from MAGA post assassination attempt it's really just more like I've given up on the future of America as a place where merit, or strong principles will lead to success. It's really hard to look at the series of events this weekend and regardless of success on the assassination attempt how the exact same things would be playing out. Trump has become a completely irrelevant pawn, could have been his head or just his ear getting shot. He is being controlled and used now and it's so blatantly obvious. 

He's being used to dismantle the judicial system, the very fabric of our country. He's not the one doing any of this, these are willing participants who are actively destroying our country. He doesn't possess the ability to plan or indoctrinate these people, these people have always wanted to destroy America. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 5

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

After seeing the reaction from MAGA post assassination attempt it's really just more like I've given up on the future of America as a place where merit, or strong principles will lead to success. It's really hard to look at the series of events this weekend and regardless of success on the assassination attempt how the exact same things would be playing out. Trump has become a completely irrelevant pawn, could have been his head or just his ear getting shot. He is being controlled and used now and it's so blatantly obvious. 

He's being used to dismantle the judicial system, the very fabric of our country. He's not the one doing any of this, these are willing participants who are actively destroying our country. He doesn't possess the ability to plan or indoctrinate these people, these people have always wanted to destroy America. 

I understand what you're saying, but he's more than an irrelevant pawn because:

1. He, in fact, did force the party to go in a populist direction that its leaders didn't want to go in.
  2. He and his family control the entire party apparatus.
  3. He's invited the worst elements of humanity into the party and given them power.
  4. He's both their avatar and their shield by sucking up all the hate. Without him, I think the actual party's policies and platform would get more attention from the normies. 

In other words, imagine today's GOP if Trump never was on the political scene. Sure, the Republicans have always had little fascist toadies in their midst, but he's the one who promises them the keys to the kingdom. And, yes, he's not the brains behind it all, but he is what has inspired them.

Now, if Trump were to disappear today, I believe that the fascists who've taken over the party would still control it, but there would be no suitable replacement for Trump as a message-bearer who could bring in the necessary votes.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Hope everyone realizes the violence on Saturday was not a one-off, it was the beginning of what's coming.

It's what's been happening since Columbine. But I would agree that making the president a dictator makes violence from people who are actually politically motivated a lot more likely.

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I understand what you're saying, but he's more than an irrelevant pawn because:

1. He, in fact, did force the party to go in a populist direction that its leaders didn't want to go in.
  2. He and his family control the entire party apparatus.
  3. He's invited the worst elements of humanity into the party and given them power.
  4. He's both their avatar and their shield by sucking up all the hate. Without him, I think the actual party's policies and platform would get more attention from the normies. 

In other words, imagine today's GOP if Trump never was on the political scene. Sure, the Republicans have always had little fascist toadies in their midst, but he's the one who promises them the keys to the kingdom. And, yes, he's not the brains behind it all, but he is what has inspired them.

Now, if Trump were to disappear today, I believe that the fascists who've taken over the party would still control it, but there would be no suitable replacement for Trump as a message-bearer who could bring in the necessary votes.

We are saying the same thing. I think the votes are there regardless of trump. The American People are so filled with evil and greed they can't help themselves. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, immamac said:

We are saying the same thing. I think the votes are there regardless of trump. The American People are so filled with evil and greed they can't help themselves. 

Its gonna get real messy and shitty abroad and we're gonna be the ones responsible for letting fascists gain control. 

We saw the fucking attack on January 6th and did NOTHING AT FUCKING ALL. Because if anything was done, we would be just as bad as trump. And so now, we get trump. 

Watch some band of brothers to see how that goes for the fascists and the citizens of that fascist country - willing participants or no

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

51 minutes ago, immamac said:

I disagree. It's professional wrestling to tens of millions of the MAGA faithful. It's good guys and bad guys and ridiculous plotlines. It's performative Internet and culture war bravado. It's wanting to be a part of a "movement" and being on the inside of all the conspiracies. A lot of them are historically disillusioned non-voters that aren't showing up for anyone but Trump. All of my wealthy Republican friends were primed and ready to anoint Ron DeSantis in 2021. How'd that go? You can't replace Stone Cold Steve Austin with Shane McMahon.

MAGA is angry, but they have Wi-Fi and an iPhone. They'll just stay home in their information silos rather than vote for generic GOP candidate for President. No Trump, no MAGA. No MAGA, not enough votes for the GOP power brokers to wreck their havoc.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, immamac said:

There is a reason Russia puts so much time and effort into disinformation and chaos through social channels - IT WORKS!  They know they can't compete with us militarily, so they spend literally TRILLIONS less than us to get a far better ROI.  This was a brilliant strategy to bring us down and we have fallen for it hook, line and sinker... 

Trump is the pawn that Putin needed to make all of this work. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 4

3 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

There is a reason Russia puts so much time and effort into disinformation and chaos through social channels - IT WORKS!  They know they can't compete with us militarily, so they spend literally TRILLIONS less than us to get a far better ROI.  This was a brilliant strategy to bring us down and we have fallen for it hook, line and sinker... 

Trump is the pawn that Putin needed to make all of this work. 

middle aged white guys have been buttered up by acolytes of ivy lee for decades

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Constant said:

Wish we could go back to 2016 and fix this shit. 

I mean, there's always that question of if one has a time machine,  would one go back and kill Hitler....

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, bolverk said:

Yuuuup.  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

It has sent me to a level of pushing up the timeline to find a new country to be a citizen of.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

It has sent me to a level of pushing up the timeline to find a new country to be a citizen of.

Me as well. I am seriously having a talk at work. With most of my team in London, relocation makes a lot of sense. I want to see if they’d let me do an expat package.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Me as well. I am seriously having a talk at work. With most of my team in London, relocation makes a lot of sense. I want to see if they’d let me do an expat package.

I would absolutely do that and hopefully you get a positive response from them. América has completely and utterly lost its way in a fashion that it cannot come back from. Democrats are not going to get in the pit with these vipers and fight dirty. I have not and will not change my stance on Biden winning in November, but seeing this done by someone as qualified to be a judge as a homeless guy pissing on subway walls has broken something in me. 

7 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

You guys don't get it. If the US falls, what do you think happens next? He pulls us out of NATO, the far right gain foot holds in every EU country and the UK, factions occur, Russia invades, and Europe is at war again. The flight is here. If we don't stop it here, the whole world goes down with us. There will be no safe havens.

Now put your big boy and girl pants on, stop saying it's over, get a fucking backbone, and let's go fight these motherfuckers (at the ballot box) and send them all back to the shame filled basements that they emerged from! 

There are more of us than them. If we donate, organize, and fucking vote, we will beat them again. Trump is a fucking loser who has lost everything he has ever been involved with. He will lose in November. He will go to prison. He will die in a jail cell.

Stop feeling sorry for yourselves. There is no ledge. There is no country to run off to. No one is coming to save us. We have to do it. It's time to stand up and take our country back.

I understand the sentiment and appreciate what you’re trying to do.  But we’re fucked.  It’s over.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

You guys don't get it. If the US falls, what do you think happens next? He pulls us out of NATO, the far right gain foot holds in every EU country and the UK, factions occur, Russia invades, and Europe is at war again. The flight is here. If we don't stop it here, the whole world goes down with us. There will be no safe havens.

Now put your big boy and girl pants on, stop saying it's over, get a fucking backbone, and let's go fight these motherfuckers (at the ballot box) and send them all back to the shame filled basements that they emerged from! 

There are more of us than them. If we donate, organize, and fucking vote, we will beat them again. Trump is a fucking loser who has lost everything he has ever been involved with. He will lose in November. He will go to prison. He will die in a jail cell.

Stop feeling sorry for yourselves. There is no ledge. There is no country to run off to. No one is coming to save us. We have to do it. It's time to stand up and take our country back.

Tell it to the Dems.  They're worthless pussies in the face of this attack on democracy. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

I was here last week. It's obvious that the flaw in your logic is the we part. There's a significant portion of the we who actually want the country gone. Who thinks Europe should be at war. Who thinks that the whole world is part of a new world order and want it destroyed. 

There is no taking our country back. It hasn't gone anywhere, the fact that you think we have to take it back is indicative of the problem, the population has become unhinged from reality. Fueled by an out of control debt economy which is built on leveraged assets that make no sense. The American public is too weak minded, greed filled, and envious to hold anyone accountable inclusive of themselves. The current state of the country is one devoid of any accountability for anyone at any level. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Like I don't think you understand how bad it truly is. These people can't be forced out of the positions they have been appointed to because the mechanisms in place to allow for accountability have been hijacked by just enough of the representation to not let us land the fucking plane and just let it run out of fuel and crash after. 

If Biden wins again it will change very little and that's what the issue is. The issue is that America has destroyed itself and insists on destroying itself because people cannot find it in themselves to have personal accountability. 

$45 million dollars a month in swing states. Not as an infrastructure investment. Not as a way to empower people to create economic stimulus, not as a way to create lasting change in a region in dire need. None of those, it's to buy a fucking election and coerce an undereducated, greed filled, envious population to vote for a bought puppet who will whore out the productive part of the population to extract any and all remaining value to give to about 500 people. 

Check the fuck in to reality. 

• Hook 'Em 1