Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty

Cairn Horn88

5 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I can't even muster enthusiasm.  There's no point to this.  He won't go to prison and he'll still be on the ballot and 90% of Republicans (which happens to be about as many voters as it takes to win an election in this country) won't change their mind one bit.

This is exactly where I'm at. Wish I could get excited.

aint-nothing-gonna-happen-nothing-happen.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I've heard that he'll just get probation with no jail time. Any truth to that?

He trashed the shit out of the judge and the judge’s daughter, it was multiple instances, the judge is known for being harsh on white collar criminals, and the paper trail was a mile long.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

Proverbs 21:15 seems relevant as we watch the response to this bigly, beautiful news: When justice is done, it is a joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers.

• Hook 'Em 9

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

He trashed the shit out of the judge and the judge’s daughter, it was multiple instances, the judge is known for being harsh on white collar criminals, and the paper trail was a mile long.

He trashed him today, post-trial. The judge and his family have been getting death threats. 

• Rage+1 2

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

OJ hired the dream team and walked away free. Trump hired the dumbest legal team ever 

The difference is that OJ wasn't calling the shots. Trump completely derailed his case and his attorneys' screwed up by indulging him. For instance, he insisted on denying the sexual encounter with Stormy Daniels happened whatsoever, and what ensued just hammered home that it was a lie. 

OJ hired the dream team and walked away free. Trump hired the dumbest legal team ever 

The difference is that OJ wasn't calling the shots. Trump completely derailed his case and his attorneys' screwed up by indulging him. For instance, he insisted on denying the sexual encounter with Stormy Daniels happened whatsoever, and what ensued just hammered home that it was a lie. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

oh cool, the contrarians are here. we just saw him get convicted of 34/34 counts. there were some here that said he'd skate completely. I just don't have the patience for this bullshit anymore. the tides turned today and that dude is worried as fuck. I just watched it. it's all over his face. he's done. get used to it.

It's very important to appear cynical in the face of the best news possible.  Never forget.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, austingirl said:

I want to be more excited but am in this camp too. Trump’s convictions will be meaningless if he’s elected in November. Absurd that is where R voters have devolved, but it’s clear they don’t much care what Trump does or says. Cult of personality, yo.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, austingirl said:

It's only unsatisfying if you consider the alternative -- he's found not guilty on all 34 charges, then begins with his "I told you so" campaign and begins poisoning the other three cases, which are far more serious than this one, from now until the election. He will probably still do that but he'll be doing it as a convicted felon.

(And he's also down one vote as of about 30 mins ago.)

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Just now, Degenerate Gardner said:

I want to be more excited but am in this camp too. Trump’s convictions will be meaningless if he’s elected in November.

The chances of him winning in November just took a monster hit. That's kind of the big deal here, aside from just the pure fun watching it happen to him.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

oh cool, the contrarians are here. we just saw him get convicted of 34/34 counts. there were some here that said he'd skate completely. I just don't have the patience for this bullshit anymore. the tides turned today and that dude is worried as fuck. I just watched it. it's all over his face. he's done. get used to it.

He was walking like a beaten dog.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

No one already voting for Trump was changing their vote, regardless of outcome.  A subset of the small number of people currently undecided could be off-put by idea of voting for a convicted felon.  I'll gladly take that possibility.

The other options of this case would do nothing but give ammunition that it was a sham or that he's being unfairly targeted.

They believe that anyways.

I’m glad that he didn’t escape the consequences thus far.  An institution did its job, and that matters.

I won’t feel any relief about Trump until he’s dead and buried.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

Yeah, it's only to going to embolden many of his lunatic base to come back out for him.  His straight ticket voters won't even notice this.  But given the 0-34 batting average today, there may be enough people in his voting bloc today that figure "ah shit, he's a fucking asshole.  I'll for the Congressional seat in my district but that's all."  This could still go 100 different ways and I know many of y'all think every single GOP voter is a sadistic moron but if a few million just shrug their head because of this massive verdict, we'd be right pleased to help them stay home in November.  I also like that the sentencing trial happens right before the RNC convention.  I look forward to appearing even more batshit insane than usual.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Going to say it now--today is when the bs really starts.  We'll get to see what judges are on the take, because they're going to have to make sure he wins the election.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty