Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty

Cairn Horn88

JD: "Why didn't they charge with something more than a paper violation?"

News flash, JD, there's more to come -- shit a lot worse than a 'paper violation.'

Prepare thy anus.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

2 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

That suit was simply unprecedented in oval office history.  Oh wait....

image.png.8ce1a865f5b56661e2c01c5b796137b6.png

Although, I suppose they might a point in that others have worn the look better...

image.thumb.png.0f8a4c18b5e53530aad00594fb4cad1d.png

image.thumb.png.b1eb79591f76808ca69a4cc74d2587e8.png

image.png.bcd1f8c88690b635882163aa600645c1.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

That suit was simply unprecedented in oval office history.  Oh wait....

image.png.8ce1a865f5b56661e2c01c5b796137b6.png

Clinton looks like he's auditioning for an early Monday Night Football gig

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Although, I suppose they might a point in that others have worn the look better...

image.thumb.png.0f8a4c18b5e53530aad00594fb4cad1d.png

image.thumb.png.b1eb79591f76808ca69a4cc74d2587e8.png

image.png.bcd1f8c88690b635882163aa600645c1.png

i have to wonder if they developed that color for suit jackets because they looked good on black and white sets? color tv sales didn't surpass black and white in the US until 1972. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Pretty much all my frustration is with the Republican party and their voters. When did they lose their pride?

I think it was the moment they were fooled into believing that reality television was actually real. 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Yeah that's what makes this illegal. Not actually paying her to stfu and go away that's totally fine and what they are leaning on. They are conveniently omitting the fact that he did this with intent to influence the election. 

His lawyer may not have understood the charges based on his interviews. It's not that complicated but it is not straightforward either which leaves tons of room for the spin that's happening. 

This is slightly off-point. There is an intermediate step between 'legal' and 'felony' that can make this a misdemeanor. 

If the same exact conduct had been proved (ie., Cohen paid Stormy, then Trump reimburses Cohen but accounts the payments as a business expense and not a personal expense), but the jury decided that Trump did so to save his marriage, that is a misdemeanor. 

You are correct that the intent to further another crime (eg., influence the election or to commit tax fraud) makes this a felony, but what Trump world is getting wrong is that there is almost no world where Trump gets off without a misdemeanor charge. 

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/how-could-trumps-new-york-hush-money-trial-end

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Mechan needs to send him to jail.  Yes it will be a pain in the ass, but so fucking what.  He deserves it and at some point gonna have to rip the bandaid off.  The people who are pissed are not going to all of a sudden be not pissed so might as well do the right thing instead of trying to thread some needle.

100% agree, but everything I'm reading is that he's very unlikely to go to jail due to his age and lack of prior criminal record.

Is that about right, Surly legal minds?

Sidebar: I'm not sure why his age matters, when he wouldn't be going to Gen Pop anyway.  Besides, the motherfucker is a 34-time felon, and he should be shanked to death in a shower like the rest of us.

7 minutes ago, Askew said:

This is slightly off-point. There is an intermediate step between 'legal' and 'felony' that can make this a misdemeanor. 

If the same exact conduct had been proved (ie., Cohen paid Stormy, then Trump reimburses Cohen but accounts the payments as a business expense and not a personal expense), but the jury decided that Trump did so to save his marriage, that is a misdemeanor. 

You are correct that the intent to further another crime (eg., influence the election or to commit tax fraud) makes this a felony, but what Trump world is getting wrong is that there is almost no world where Trump gets off without a misdemeanor charge. 

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/how-could-trumps-new-york-hush-money-trial-end

I don't think he did it for the writeoff. That's the point, he would have just paid himself to pay cohen in the situation you are explaining. 

26 minutes ago, elfenix said:

i have to wonder if they developed that color for suit jackets because they looked good on black and white sets? color tv sales didn't surpass black and white in the US until 1972. 

Probably.  Gibson created a guitar finish called "TV Yellow" that came across as white on TV.  A true white finish just blew out the camera feed.

image.png.3b435c88acf009b3da33fc4a40bc12a5.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

I don't think he did it for the writeoff. That's the point, he would have just paid himself to pay cohen in the situation you are explaining. 

At the end of the day, Trump is a cheap motherfucker and doesn't want to pay anything to anybody. If he'd just written Stormy a $130K personal check and not tried to run it through the campaign, he would've been free-and-clear on this. If he'd just walked away in November 2020, none of this other shit would've ever come to light and would've simply been dismissed and he could've led the rest of his life in comfort and luxury but he's fucking demented and deranged. And cheap. Did I mention that he's cheap?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I realize that his base will excuse away the convictions and convince themselves that he’s the real victim. But when are they going to get tired of his constant insipid whining? Every time he opens his mouth he is complaining and crying about being wronged. It’s insufferable. Fucking whiny snowflake. 

• Hook 'Em 7

5 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

I was told there would be riots. 

Funny how weak Trump is when he’s actually held accountable.

Yep. I didn’t see anybody standing by to do jackshit. Instead, it was a bunch of crying snowflakes melting down.

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

Let's say the motive is to save his marriage. Is it easier to hide an affair using your business as a slush fund, or your personal account that your wife probably has access to? 

Even if there was no tax motive or election motive, it is still plausible a businessman would use his business to conceal a personal hush money payment. But, to use the business + lawyer method that was used here, you have to account the payment as a legal expense, even though there is no business purpose. This is a misdemeanor in NY.  

12 minutes ago, C-Man said:

At the end of the day, Trump is a cheap motherfucker and doesn't want to pay anything to anybody. If he'd just written Stormy a $130K personal check and not tried to run it through the campaign, he would've been free-and-clear on this. If he'd just walked away in November 2020, none of this other shit would've ever come to light and would've simply been dismissed and he could've led the rest of his life in comfort and luxury but he's fucking demented and deranged. And cheap. Did I mention that he's cheap?

All of this.  One simple personal check and it’s done.

Just now, Askew said:

Let's say the motive is to save his marriage. Is it easier to hide an affair using your business as a slush fund, or your personal account that your wife probably has access to? 

Fairly certain that Melania does not have access to his accounts, and has her own account he puts money into.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

100% agree, but everything I'm reading is that he's very unlikely to go to jail due to his age and lack of prior criminal record.

Is that about right, Surly legal minds?

Sidebar: I'm not sure why his age matters, when he wouldn't be going to Gen Pop anyway.  Besides, the motherfucker is a 34-time felon, and he should be shanked to death in a shower like the rest of us.

That's what his lawyer Blanche said on CNN yesterday.  Of course, a few seconds later, Blanche said it was up to the prosecution to call witnesses who would exonerate his client.

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Fairly certain that Melania does not have access to his accounts, and has her own account he puts money into.

Fair enough and likely true. I am just stating my general assumption that a spouse usually has less access to business records than personal records. 

6 minutes ago, Askew said:

Even if there was no tax motive or election motive, it is still plausible a businessman would use his business to conceal a personal hush money payment. But, to use the business + lawyer method that was used here, you have to account the payment as a legal expense, even though there is no business purpose. This is a misdemeanor in NY.  

He's cheated on every woman he's ever had a relationship with, right? Why pay this one of hundreds to keep quiet? Because he was running for POTUS. And then he didn't want to use his money. This + That = Big Fucking Problem

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Not a chance she's on any of his accounts -- probably for this very reason.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Askew said:

Fair enough and likely true. I am just stating my general assumption that a spouse usually has less access to business records than personal records. 

Pretty sure she has ZERO access to any of his accounts/records, business or personal, unless it's a divorce situation. But I'm assuming there's a pre-nup in place so there'd be little need to do any forensic accounting.

Just now, Red Five said:

It's amazing how backwards everything is for about half the country. Instead of crying "How could this happen in America???", the question should be "How on earth did a career criminal conman get elected president in the first place?". We need to have a serious dialogue in this country about how that did actually happen. Good luck with that though.

I think this is an overreaction. I think a ton of people are using this as smelling salts. It was a jury trial not a bench trial. 

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

That toothpaste is already out of the tube. They're lost. We must beat him in November and then we can *maybe* start the healing process with those lost MAGA souls.

unfortunately... beat him in November likely just means another 4 years of a Trump/MAGA election cycle.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

That toothpaste is already out of the tube. They're lost. We must beat him in November and then we can *maybe* start the healing process with those lost MAGA souls.

Right, but if Trump loses, it was a rigged election.

And if Trump dies in the meantime, he was assassinated.

Fox News has completely broken over 1/3 of this country, and there's no putting them back together again.

I'm afraid that either Trump wins in November, or that mob is gonna make us all forget about Jan 6th.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

unfortunately... beat him in November likely just means another 4 years of a Trump/MAGA election cycle.

No. It's over if they lose again and lose ground in the house or senate. Trump is a loser. The Republican party will self destruct if the lose. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Trump Nation was all prepared to celebrate like the Boogers in Auburn just before this happened.  They never conceived they might LOSE!

Yeah, yeah.  Now the Horns have Bond.   I’m sute he’ll excel on the 40 Acres.  More power to him.

• Hook 'Em 2