Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty

Cairn Horn88

Yeah, Cowherd is an insufferable douchebag, but he's not wrong about Trump.

I don’t get the hate for Cowherd. I listen to him in the car and find I agree with quite a bit of what he says. His analysis is usually pretty good/interesting and his show flows well.

Stephen A, Skip Bayless, Shannon Sharp, Finebaum, etc - all truly insufferable douchebags. These guys are in the immediately change the channel group. I don’t see Cowherd in that same group.

I also listen to Dan Patrick in the car. Cowherd is no Dan Patrick, but he’s plenty listenable imo.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Icono would gleefully shoot brown people at the border for fun.  Fuck that psycho

He’ll be another txtow and end up on the news for either diddling kids or killing a family member or a random (likely brown) person. 

people with that much hate/bile in their souls (for themselves and others) are how we got here in the first place. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

4369469f-f5a5-4759-9e53-60fc6e210088.png

a91a0524-54cc-4222-b94f-7839631a4515.png

69a8bbfb-ccb6-43ae-80ac-cb5f9fddc0bd.png

82edf2e6-a7bf-4c2b-9129-b6a2244619d8.png

the average Trump maga gqp follower is surrounded by poverty (their own house), they are surrounded by crime (family members cooking meth out back), their economy is in bad shape (no one works in their household), medical debt is drowning them (no insurance), and their govt checks aren’t enough. They’re told all the blacks are committing welfare fraud, get into universities for free, illegals are given free cell phones, free apts, free social security, so trump’s lies hits home for them 

there are posters her that believe it all. Some with degrees

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, tx ind said:

Also, kinda sucks that the n-word story from yesterday morning is nowhere right now.

Link?  I’ve been traveling and didn’t see this. 

Thurmond - check

Nixon - check

Mitchell - check

Hoover - check

Trump - check

True then, true now. Karma’s a bitch, instant and otherwise. Lennon Lives! Twist and Shout, baby! Fuck alla youse, TrumpWorld. 

“TIME WOUNDS ALL HEELS”

image.gif.477a0633047842b455c972c3fc1112c6.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

And here’s my hot take: we’re lucky that Trump won in 2016. Yes, you read that right, stay with me here.
Trumpism, and the Christian white nationalist authoritarian movement, were like a deadly tumor growing inside our head. We (including me) tried for a long time to tell ourselves that the frequent headaches were normal, and hey, who DOESN’T have a seizure now and then?
Then, in 2016, we suffered a traumatic head injury. It required a full scan of our skull, to see everything that was going on. And holy shit, while we were just checking to see if there was a brain bleed or not, we discovered a giant brain tumor that is well on the way to killing us.
Will we be able to excise it? Will we survive this cancer? Who knows…yall know I’m not optimistic. But 2016 at least gave us a clear diagnosis and the info we need to pursue a path to treatment and hopefully a cure.
Is our body politic up for that? Jury is out. Things still look pretty grim. But at least we’re not in the dark about the nature and extent of our disease.

I respectfully disagree. The 2016 election resulted in a GOP supreme court and the overturn of roe v. wade. That will have terrible effects on women’s healthcare for the foreseeable future.

My 20-something brother-in-law is proudly “extremely right wing”. His idiot churchy wife got IVF, and they lost their baby when she was pregnant. This happened before roe v. wade was overturned. I listened to her tell of her heartbreak and couldn’t not think about how their voting was damaging her future reproductive healthcare.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Couples Therapy Reaction GIF

this guy wrote a book called "detective jesus" where the messiah makes his long-promised return to Earth to become a homicide detective where he plays it straight but is thwarted by a corrupt detective descended from Pilate.  and now he claims that, as a police novel author, the defendant gets to sit it on jury deliberations---particularly after he threatened them and wanted to publicly out them.  That thing that Detective Lt. Jesus would have wanted.  But yeah, I'll go to church tomorrow to talk to Jesus and pretend like this is not a fucking insane computer simulation.  At least my wife's church doesn't have an intention devoted to Trump.  But who knows what tomorrow will bring?  

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Couples Therapy Reaction GIF

No way that's real. 

Tell me this is a parody account, or that someone hacked his real one.

This is a bridge too far... I refuse to believe a sitting congressperson is this dumb.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

No way that's real. 

This is a bridge too far... I refuse to believe a sitting congressperson is this dumb.

Now seems like a good time to post pictures of the entire Freedom Caucus

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

I respectfully disagree. The 2016 election resulted in a GOP supreme court and the overturn of roe v. wade. That will have terrible effects on women’s healthcare for the foreseeable future.
My 20-something brother-in-law is proudly “extremely right wing”. His idiot churchy wife got IVF, and they lost their baby when she was pregnant. This happened before roe v. wade was overturned. I listened to her tell of her heartbreak and couldn’t not think about how their voting was damaging her future reproductive healthcare.

Yes…it’s been horrible.
My point is that had we elected Hillary, that malignancy would have continued to grow, largely acknowledged and unimpeded. It’s hard to believe…but yes, things could be even worse.
  • Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't Tweet or X, but I went to his account and it's pretty clear it's either parody or he has indeed been hacked.  It's 100% trolling.

15 minutes ago, GenXer said:

it’s a parody account 

IMG_0889.thumb.png.06d1caeecba4ceabfdb496559d98b52f.png

It’s legit hard to tell with radical r’s at this point. Plus that account was followed by Texas tribune, not that that’s an excuse..,

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

No way that's real. 

Haha it is.  The account is actually kind of funny.

Help Me With My Movement

My campaign has been working hard to contact you about your car's extended warranty

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes…it’s been horrible.
My point is that had we elected Hillary, that malignancy would have continued to grow, largely acknowledged and unimpeded. It’s hard to believe…but yes, things could be even worse.

Yeah, the Tim Dunns and Faris Wilks would have stayed largely incognito for another 4-8 years.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

No way that's real. 

You just haven’t noticed that we’ve entered the ‘new / low count poster jumps into threads with shit hot right-wing takes’ phase.    Bonus points here are earned by checking the ‘also posts in crypto, Israel and Elon threads’ boxes.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Yes…it’s been horrible.

When Brisket gets on the ledge he gets on that motherfucker.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Screenshot_20240601-122917.png.1d40411a09af3359ef5c9d4b98b563b7.png

Hide yo kids, cuz Biden out here relieving student debt, capping insulin costs, using taxes for infrastructure...

Hope so. My glargine insulin was rejected by my health insurance and I was quoted $5000 retail for one month’s supply.

There’s work to do.

• Rage+1 3

44 minutes ago, GenXer said:

it’s a parody account 

IMG_0889.thumb.png.06d1caeecba4ceabfdb496559d98b52f.png

his detective Jesus book / franchise doesn’t sound half bad 

he’s a tough but fair detective, a cop with a heart 

he’s also the savior 

ben affleck jesus GIF

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

he’s also the savior 

ben affleck jesus GIF

Wouldn't he already know who the prep was?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Wouldn't he already know who the prep was?

Sure. But the challenge is finding, or fabricating, evidence so the perp can be tried.

You think the DA is gonna bring a case to court on the word of a cop? Wait. Nevermind.

Edited by GenXer
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

he’s also the savior 

ben affleck jesus GIF

There's gotta be a scene where Detective Jesus, though immoral, gets frustrated with a case and says, "I'm getting too old for this shit..." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I know the trial was illegal but have any of them said why it was illegal?

Why would they bother? MAGA doesn’t require a reason and non-MAGA rightly dismisses the absurdity. We’re firmly in a post-logic era with both troll feet.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, GenXer said:

Sure. But the challenge is finding, or fabricating, evidence so the perp can be tried.

You think the DA is gonna bring a case to court on the word of a cop? Wait. Nevermind.

He fabricated a rich deposit of dinosaur bones, fossils, and imprints all over the world. I think he can drop a baggie of crack and/or a handgun if needed. 

Thats his catchphrase in the series actually. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
Along with “well I’m sure he did something”
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, GenXer said:

I’m still trying to navigate my own feelings on the subject, but let me give you a rebuttal on this in two parts.

First, Roe didn’t settle the issue-it might very well be that the white nationalist movement would have picked another issue where the Venn diagram on white supremacy and male superiority didn’t overlap so well, but the forces that would oppose them have had 50 years to legislate or otherwise create a compelling counter-narrative to the evangelicals powering most of the rhetoric repeated by GOP politicians.  At some point progressives need to look in the mirror and admit we failed.

Second, there’s clearly institutional flaws in the way that government is organized and in the basic character of the body politic.  I’m not sure which is easier to cure, but most of our efforts have been on the latter (for example, liberals have presumed that increased levels of education, particularly among women, would have been a non-controversial policy to implement but it’s either the cause or correlative with a large drop in education for men and subsequent rightward shift among them).

I’m not nearly so pessimistic as @Brisketexan, but we’re definitely approaching a “you’ve got to break it to fix it” stage because the federal government (and now state governments) are doing a bad job of actually passing or implementing popular programs and/or improvements.  

Bringing it back to your post, I don’t know how you reach low information citizens without making them FEEL consequences, and good leaders are going to need to rally that emotion towards passing legislation that actually protects women’s body autonomy.  

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He fabricated a rich deposit of dinosaur bones, fossils, and imprints all over the world. I think he can drop a baggie of crack and/or a handgun if needed. 

Thats his catchphrase in the series actually. 

I think it should be something more like he's leaning over the perp in the interrogation room and says, "You done got crucified, son." or something about judgement.  I'll be in the writer's room, workshopping this.  

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Okie State said:

This is one of many reasons why I don't understand why so many people worship him. He's a huge pussy who blames all of his failures on others. How can anyone respect that?

Welcome to the new American psyche shared by millions of aggrieved white people. It’s, well, it’s something.

• Like 1

So now Mike Pence has announced he will not endorse donald JAIL trump as the party candidate for President?  apig.jpg.0cdeafbd1e4740ce5db9cb57adf19913.jpg  So long, Mike.  I will dance at your funeral.

10 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I think it should be something more like he's leaning over the perp in the interrogation room and says, "You done got crucified, son." or something about judgement.  I'll be in the writer's room, workshopping this.  

I’m leaning towards ”I absolve you” as jesus shoots the perp in the face. Immediate justice from above.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I think it would be cool if in every episode, he tells his partner he's gotta go talk to 'the Chief', but you never see the Chief.  But it's obviously his Dad.  And he comes back with some magical insight into the cold case.  

I mean, we'd be fucking crazy not to sell this story rights idea to Kirk Cameron.  Scott Baio could easily play the salty, sarcastic sergeant.  I mean, it's going straight to DVD...but we'd make enough to get a surly suite at DKR for one season.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

16 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Bringing it back to your post, I don’t know how you reach low information citizens without making them FEEL consequences, and good leaders are going to need to rally that emotion towards passing legislation that actually protects women’s body autonomy.  

I doubt my brother-in-law and his idiot churchy Qanon wife have the ability to make the connection from voting for guns to a vote for trump and republican straight ticket leads to a GOP senate leads to a decades long push to tilt the supreme court to the GOP leads to an overturn of roe v. wade leads to states outlawing abortion leads to doctors being unable to perform necessary reproductive care when a woman miscarries.

In fact, by typing that all out I’m certain there is no way they could make that correlation.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So now Mike Pence has announced he will not endorse donald JAIL trump as the party candidate for President?  apig.jpg.0cdeafbd1e4740ce5db9cb57adf19913.jpg  So long, Mike.  I will dance at your funeral.

He’ll reverse course. They all do, always. Any Repub who was going to defect from the cult has already done so.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1