Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty

Cairn Horn88

6 minutes ago, GenXer said:

I read this post in Henry Hill’s voice from Goodfellas

Well look, it was a long time ago the last time I saw him.  How the hell should I know how he sliced the garlic?  

8 minutes ago, GenXer said:

I read this post in Henry Hill’s voice from Goodfellas

Look, it was a long time ago.  How the hell should I remember how he sliced the garlic?  

Jimmy DiTale or Jimmy DiTalvo.  Had a couple other aliases.  But did the 'cleaning' for Sam Giancana, while he was married to his daughter and Sam ran Chicago.  Speaking of "Goodfellas", last time I saw Jimmy was between stretches at a near-South Chicago Italian joint called "Gennaro's."  I heard through an uncle he went back inside for something.  At that age, probably a parole violation or something.  Gennaro's conveniently had a fire that same year and closed down.  

That same year, John Farrell.  Another lifelong friend of my father and "Uncle" Jimmy.  He ran a massive insurance fraud scheme.  The Rosemont Horizon just outside Chicago, I think called the AllState Arena now.  Massive indoor arena.  The roof collapsed in the late 1970's during construction, killed multiple people and millions in damages.  John was the "agent of record" on the insurance/liability end.  Using mafia-oversight labor which cut a lot corners on the construction.  John collected a lot of money in fees from that incident that should have probably gone elsewhere.  Just weeks before Jimmy died, John turned up dead of mysterious causes....nearly 40 years later.  And I thought I could hold a grudge.  /csb

Point is---all confidence men are eventually revealed for who they are.  I have faith in that.  What you have to worry about is how the victims and co-conspirators will lash out because it's human nature not to admit you're a fucking idiot.  

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I enjoyed reading that piece.  And at the bottom, there's a link to another article about that "Hellcat" dickhead getting a huge fine, so that made me happy too. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

This is gonna play well with the landowners that had huge “Trump” and “Trump /  Nikki Haley” 20 ft banners in their fields visible to everyone driving through rural Washington from seattle to Mt Rainier National Park.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, GenXer said:

This is gonna play well with the landowners that had huge “Trump” and “Trump /  Nikki Haley” 20 ft banners in their fields visible to everyone driving through rural Washington from seattle to Mt Rainier National Park.

people vote, not land 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Donald Trump was required to report to probation services to prepare a post conviction pre sentencing report for Judge Merchan.

From what I've read, he isn't required to participate in the pre-sentencing interview, but not doing so is going to piss off Merchan, and it would be in his best interest to get it scheduled.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, Rimbo said:

You could not possibly be more mistaken if you'd said that Hitler was a better candidate, and here is why: The blue-collar workers who voted for Trump in 2016 would have voted for Bernie.

I can't fathom why people don't grasp this. The minute Hillary was nominated, Trump won the election. She was, in the flesh, the embodiment of the Democrats' cozying up to big business while taking Labor's votes for granted, a trend started by her husband in '92 that continued up until Biden finally started to actively take an interest in Labor's needs during his presidency.

I don't like Michael Moore one bit, but he was the only other person I know of who caught on to this back in 2016.

Looks like these folks fucked themselves and their legacies pretty good.  Wonder if they learned anything. Meh, probably dead from china virus.

1704346861_FuckAroundAndFindOutGraphFAro

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

He’s was on a roll this am …..

What's the goal of eliminating the Dept. of the Interior?

Unfettered oil drilling in the National Parks?  Eliminating Indian Affairs?  Both?

• Rage+1 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 12:43 PM, tx 3 putt said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

IMG_0549.jpeg

Why so mad? The jury found that election interference is real and convicted someone for it.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is rhetorical, but has anyone on team R said anything like “I will not support someone convicted of 34 felonies for President of the United States.”? They don’t have to even endorse Biden. Just say that a convicted felon probably shouldn’t be the leader of the free world.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Red Five said:

This is rhetorical, but has anyone on team R said anything like “I will not support someone convicted of 34 felonies for President of the United States.”? They don’t have to even endorse Biden. Just say that a convicted felon probably shouldn’t be the leader of the free world.

I think those people have resigned, not sought re-election or have been primaried.

• Hook 'Em 1

I mentioned earlier in this thread that MAGAts were trying to dox the jurors and I think one or more of them could easily be hurt or killed. Same goes for Merchan. These fuckers are crazy.

If Trump or his team had anything to do with rhis info getting out, I imagine there could be some additional charges against him?
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If they can dox them, shouldn’t they have done so during the trial instead of after the verdict?

They didn’t know they hated the jurors until they voted guilty. Wouldn’t want to risk giving them a reason to switch a not guilty vote to guilty by doxxing them early. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The most fertile ground for appeal, I think, is that jurors were given a choice of "predicate" offenses and were not instructed to agree on which one it was.  See Jury Instructions, starting at page 28.  https://www.nycourts.gov/LegacyPDFS/press/PDFs/People v. DJT Jury Instructions and Charges FINAL 5-23-24.pdf  Specifically:

Although you must conclude unanimously that the defendant conspired to promote or prevent the election of any person to a public office by unlawful means, you need not be unanimous as to what those unlawful means were. In determining whether the defendant conspired to promote or prevent the election of any person to a public office by unlawful means, you may consider the following unlawful means: (1) violations of the Federal Election Campaign Act otherwise known as FECA; (2) the falsification of other business records; or (3) violation of tax laws.

The choice stems from the fact that the actual "another crime" is NEW YORK ELECTION LAW § 17-152, which is as follows:

Any two or more persons who conspire to promote or prevent the election of any person to a public office by unlawful means and which conspiracy is acted upon by one or more of the parties thereto, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

The predicates 1, 2, and 3 are unlawful means.  So we have a triple nesting of statutes here.
That could potentially be a legal error that results in remand for a new trial.  It is about the only aspect of the case and jury instructions that wasn't well-settled in NY law, at least as far as I know or can tell from reportage etc.
People are doing a lot of spewing about evidentiary rulings, letting Stormy Daniels and Access Hollywood stuff in, keeping Trump's legal expert out.  I don't think those are going anywhere.

I’m not sure about that attack though. Example:

In Texas, “intoxicated” can mean one of two things. Either a BAC of .08 or more OR loss of normal use of mental or physical…”

Juries can render a guilty verdict even if the particular “type” of intoxication was not agreed upon.

My question is whether the verdict form indicates how each juror voted on each of the three options in the Trump charge. It wouldn’t mean that the verdict wasn’t valid, but it could be error in that if one of those avenues was successfully attacked on appeal, there’s no way for an appellant to demonstrate harm, if that makes sense.
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, scottsins said:

I’m not sure about that attack though. Example:

In Texas, “intoxicated” can mean one of two things. Either a BAC of .08 or more OR loss of normal use of mental or physical…”

Juries can render a guilty verdict even if the particular “type” of intoxication was not agreed upon.

My question is whether the verdict form indicates how each juror voted on each of the three options in the Trump charge. It wouldn’t mean that the verdict wasn’t valid, but it could be error in that if one of those avenues was successfully attacked on appeal, there’s no way for an appellant to demonstrate harm, if that makes sense.

Yeah, I couldn't find a verdict form anywhere.  And, I don't know that there is anything fundamentally wrong with it, but it is somewhat unusual and not something that has received or survived appellate scrutiny.

One of the things I came to appreciate is that this crime is charged, and charged as a felony, sufficiently often that there seems to be quite a body of appellate decisions on it.

7 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I enjoyed reading that piece.  And at the bottom, there's a link to another article about that "Hellcat" dickhead getting a huge fine, so that made me happy too. 

7 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

American Journalists are ill equipped to deal with fascism 

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

Danny Westneat, from Seattle, who Gil recommended, has it covered pretty well. He should go national:

The real story of this era isn’t so much about this one flawed, narcissistic figure, as it is the spinelessness of the sycophants along the way.”

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, immamac said:

Gonna be a weird convention when he's in jail. 

Not really. What's another 25% effort to fellate him and spread deep state conspiracies to the GOP?

• Like 1