Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty

Cairn Horn88

59 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

Why are democrats in the bag for this guy? It's weird.

To think there are people who question him is mind blowing. He ain’t perfect and he made some mistakes. He also said Covid is deadly. Can you show me where it wasn’t?

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Court response:

“Well, Donald, if you somehow win your appeal, you will find yourself in court again being tried by the same people for the same thing. Since you are so bigly sure you will win that appeal because of my rigged trial, I simply can’t terminate the gag order……because according to you, I will need it again…… at least that’s what my daughter says.”

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Pokoloco said:

6 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I see pokoloco has dropped in for his bi-annual, vapid observation. 

good talk, russ

The last time he popped in here with his drive-by bullshit, he said he wouldn't be back, and yet here he is again.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

The Fauci-haters that I worked with mainly objected, and I quote one of them directly, "He thinks he's smarter than the President.  He can't contradict the President!"

I don’t think I would be able to handle that gracefully. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Don't forget that Dr. Fauci had the temerity to contradict their orange diety when he said stupid shit like the government should experiment on people by injecting bleach or Lysol into them.  The Fauci-haters that I worked with mainly objected, and I quote one of them directly, "He thinks he's smarter than the President.  He can't contradict the President!"

That person is a bootlicking authoritarian. Tell him to go to Russia, North Korea, or China if he believes Dear Leader can't be contradicted.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

The last time he popped in here with his drive-by bullshit, he said he wouldn't be back, and yet here he is again.

Like most of Maga they can’t remember what they said yesterday, much less a few months ago. 

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Other side of his sign said “Trump is a cancer on democracy”.  Location was Uxbridge MA.  

If he is there tomorrow when I drive by I’m stopping and thanking him.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Pokoloco said:

Well see, it used to be true that not being stupid was a bipartisan goal…

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Don't forget that Dr. Fauci had the temerity to contradict their orange diety when he said stupid shit like the government should experiment on people by injecting bleach or Lysol into them.  The Fauci-haters that I worked with mainly objected, and I quote one of them directly, "He thinks he's smarter than the President.  He can't contradict the President!"

I fucking worm is smarter than former President and 34-time convicted felon Donald J. Trump.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  And note that this approach also allows for the conclusion of "and maybe he got some of the response wrong, even way-wrong."  Because people were figuring this shit out on the fly, and coming up with the best solutions they thought applicable in the moment.  And there were indeed alternate/counter-approaches that were out there that they opted against -- correctly, wrongly, and sometimes still undetermined.  And on top of THAT, the choices were often "bad choice A" vs. "bad choice B," and they had to pick the less bad one.  And then get attacked for "look at this!  The option he picked was bad!"  No shit.  ALL options are bad.

And finally, the lambasting him as some evil mastermind director of some sinister conspiracy is the thing that pisses me off the most.  Over my not-short life, I've had to deal with countless government bureaucrats, functionaries, administrators, and sometimes quite senior folks in that respect.  My old man was a federal regulator in the field; I have had to deal with regulators at various levels throughout my career; I have friends and family who have been and are involved at all levels of the government (including people who are on a first-name basis with senators and presidents). 

And through all of that, I HAVE met a few "true believers."  For example, I had to deal with an old hippie gal at the EPA who wouldn't let go of an issue, with little vision of the practicality of things.  But 99.9% of the time....these people are just fucking people, man.  They have no sinister agenda, no secret plan.  They have a mission/purpose that is no secret (Fauci worked for the infectious disease agency....which deals with...infectious diseases).  They pursue that mission using the best available information, with good intentions, to the best of their ability.  We don't really hear about it when they succeed, and YES, sometimes they fail (like literally every other human being, public or private sector).  Was Fauci involved in research of coronoaviruses?  Shit, it would have been criminally stupid and impossible to explain if he HADN'T BEEN - they had long ago been flagged as a key infectious disease risk in the wake of our human experience with SARS and MERS.  "A-HA!  Fauci was involved in researching coronaviruses [because they were a known fucking risk of giving rise to a pandemic] and waddaya know, a coronavirus caused a pandemic!  DO THE MATH, SHEEPLE!"

I worked closely with lots of people in official positions responding to the pandemic.  There was no secret agenda, no hidden plan.  People were dying, resources were strained, solutions were hard to find.  They did the best they could.  The fucking psychotic Republican need to find a demon everywhere they look (gee, every accusation is a confession) is fucking infuriating, assholish, and flat-out evil.  It's one of several things I hate them for.

Fauci may have done a great job, he may have done a terrible job....odds are, he did a job that was something in between.  But characterizing him as an evil mass murderer and shit is psychotic, twisted, and sick.  And people who do that are psychotic, twisted, and sick.  And I hate them.  A lot.

The acreage he takes up in their mind is bizarre.  Him and Gottlieb said the same things 100% of the time and none of them even know who Gottlieb is despite him being on TV all of the time back then.

12 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The acreage he takes up in their mind is bizarre.  Him and Gottlieb said the same things 100% of the time and none of them even know who Gottlieb is despite him being on TV all of the time back then.

He's part of the dEeP STatE!

2 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

The Fauci-haters that I worked with mainly objected, and I quote one of them directly, "He thinks he's smarter than the President.  He can't contradict the President!"

Remind them of this iron-clad principle next time they disagree with Biden

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

This is how you decide who gets to clean out the sump pump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

This is how you decide who gets to clean out the sump pump.

I like your thinking, but alas, this was an electrician who was not under my supervision.  Those who were under my supervision had learned discretion by this time.  Of course, cleaning out sump pumps and such was part of that process.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Surly, The Musical 

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and guess that the Surly version of Oklahoma would be far more colorful and entertaining.  

Just saying.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and guess that the Surly version of Oklahoma would be far more colorful and entertaining.  

Just saying.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Pokoloco said:

You're a fucking moron.

I watched 2H's video and somehow this came up in the 'for you.'

image.thumb.png.8bbea640481aa46b362446e1dbd8b05b.png

Edited by Bullneck
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Just saying.  

Oklahoma sucks so yeah 

1 minute ago, Bullneck said:

You're a fucking moron.

Oh yeah?  If he's such a fucking moron, how can he do all his own research on Covid and the vaccines?  During snack time, before nap, using National Geographic for Kids?  Huh?  

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Surly, The Musical 

19 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Just saying.  

It’ll end up with restraining orders, just like Hall and Oates.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  And note that this approach also allows for the conclusion of "and maybe he got some of the response wrong, even way-wrong."  Because people were figuring this shit out on the fly, and coming up with the best solutions they thought applicable in the moment.  And there were indeed alternate/counter-approaches that were out there that they opted against -- correctly, wrongly, and sometimes still undetermined.  And on top of THAT, the choices were often "bad choice A" vs. "bad choice B," and they had to pick the less bad one.  And then get attacked for "look at this!  The option he picked was bad!"  No shit.  ALL options are bad.

And finally, the lambasting him as some evil mastermind director of some sinister conspiracy is the thing that pisses me off the most.  Over my not-short life, I've had to deal with countless government bureaucrats, functionaries, administrators, and sometimes quite senior folks in that respect.  My old man was a federal regulator in the field; I have had to deal with regulators at various levels throughout my career; I have friends and family who have been and are involved at all levels of the government (including people who are on a first-name basis with senators and presidents). 

And through all of that, I HAVE met a few "true believers."  For example, I had to deal with an old hippie gal at the EPA who wouldn't let go of an issue, with little vision of the practicality of things.  But 99.9% of the time....these people are just fucking people, man.  They have no sinister agenda, no secret plan.  They have a mission/purpose that is no secret (Fauci worked for the infectious disease agency....which deals with...infectious diseases).  They pursue that mission using the best available information, with good intentions, to the best of their ability.  We don't really hear about it when they succeed, and YES, sometimes they fail (like literally every other human being, public or private sector).  Was Fauci involved in research of coronoaviruses?  Shit, it would have been criminally stupid and impossible to explain if he HADN'T BEEN - they had long ago been flagged as a key infectious disease risk in the wake of our human experience with SARS and MERS.  "A-HA!  Fauci was involved in researching coronaviruses [because they were a known fucking risk of giving rise to a pandemic] and waddaya know, a coronavirus caused a pandemic!  DO THE MATH, SHEEPLE!"

I worked closely with lots of people in official positions responding to the pandemic.  There was no secret agenda, no hidden plan.  People were dying, resources were strained, solutions were hard to find.  They did the best they could.  The fucking psychotic Republican need to find a demon everywhere they look (gee, every accusation is a confession) is fucking infuriating, assholish, and flat-out evil.  It's one of several things I hate them for.

Fauci may have done a great job, he may have done a terrible job....odds are, he did a job that was something in between.  But characterizing him as an evil mass murderer and shit is psychotic, twisted, and sick.  And people who do that are psychotic, twisted, and sick.  And I hate them.  A lot.

You misspelled bleach and horse dewormer.  Who you gonna believe, a scientist erring on the side of caution, or a president that looked directly at an eclipse?  Just keep raking so you don't burn up in the next wildfire.  Someone from FEMA will be by to pick up the bagged piles, just attach post-its to what you want removed.          

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Court response:

“Well, Donald, if you somehow win your appeal, you will find yourself in court again being tried by the same people for the same thing. Since you are so bigly sure you will win that appeal because of my rigged trial, I simply can’t terminate the gag order……because according to you, I will need it again…… at least that’s what my daughter says.”

You know... he just likes to say "gag order" since he could never make another human gag...

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

The airing of the grievances …..

This was done on the motion of Matthew Seligman and a group of government officials supporting the government.

The reason for two in support of Trump is that Blackman and Schaerr take opposing positions for why the appointment is invalid, and both of them differ from Trump.

This is one of those arguments over the Appointments Clause, and who is a principal officer of the United States, appointable only by the President with confirmation by the Senate, and who is an inferior officer and can be appointed by someone else.

The Schaerr group argues that the AG lacks power to appoint a special Counsel because he is a principal Officer. The Blackman group argues that the Special Counsel is merely an employee and can't exercise the powers of a Special Counsel.

Seligman says that what those other two guys said is bullshit.

Here is Seligman's brief.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 6/3/2024 at 9:51 PM, Gatorubet said:

I get that emotions were running high, and I get that whole mob mentality thing.    But I swear to God, I cannot fathom what was going through her brain when she thought that attacking elected representatives in Congress was a good idea, given the locked doors to keep you out - and the armed security who have their weapons drawn and pointed at you - telling you to stop or they’ll shoot - makes you think,  “Ya know…this might be a really good time to try to bash out the window between us and crawl through it to get to those people.”

I never get tired of this thought: her husband claims she was “simply expressing her opinion.” Well, the security officer was also simply expressing his opinion.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2