Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty

Cairn Horn88

45 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

That sounds Dutch-ish.  Not sure if Dutch, but can we risk it? 

There are only two things I hate in this simulation.  People tolerant of Donald Trump’s crimes.  And the Dutch.  

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If other lawyers want to weigh in on the case, they should speak directly with Trump's lawyers or the special counsel, depending on their view. I don't see how a court can operate by  randomly choosing 3rd parties to address the judge.

If the 3rd party lawyers want to join the Trump team, then do so officially. Or be called as an expert witness from the Trump side, and be allowed to be cross examined.

thats-not-how-this-works-thats-not-how-a

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Abramson is full of shit.  She did not "let third parties into a criminal case."  They are not parties.  They are amici curiae, and yes, those are allowed to brief, and sometimes argue, in ALL KINDS OF CASES, INCLUDING CRIMINAL CASES - there is an actual ABA article on this from a few years ago (as in, pre-dating this case) noting that yes, amici curiae appear in criminal cases, including in trial courts.  And the family relationship of a lawyer to another lawyer is also not something courts take into account absent other circumstances - it's not a conflict of interest, per se.

Not excusing Cannon at all here - I think the fix is in, and I think she'll fuck this up.  But Abramson is flat-out wrong, and it does us all a fucking disservice when dissenting voices are so fucking wrong that I can only conclude they're being purposefully dishonest.

Hell, the ACLU appears regularly in criminal cases as amici curiae.  This isn't fresh powder we're skiing.

ETA:  Although I will say that it is somewhat unusual for amicus appearance at the trial court level.  Typically they file briefs and seek to get oral argument time on appellate issues, and their requests to appear are usually based on whether the issues are of great public importance.  I solicited several amici to brief a recent SCOTX case I had.  /csb

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

He’s gonna walk away Scot-free on everything except the NY case isn’t he?

Yes, but don't sweat the small stuff. He's going to move the seat of imperial government to Trump Tower and imprison or behead all of us writing ill of him on the internet.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, softlynow said:

Yes, but don't sweat the small stuff. He's going to move the seat of imperial government to Trump Tower and imprison or behead all of us writing ill of him on the internet.

Many more news days like today and I might welcome it

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Many more news days like today and I might welcome it

I saw that the man who punched Steve Buscemi was charged with felony assault. I'd say that's a positive development. What I know of Buscemi is he's not an asshole like a lot of our celebrities.

• Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, C-Man said:

He’s gonna walk away Scot-free on everything except the NY case isn’t he?

The Grim Reaper is our only hope, and if you've seen Trump recently, he might not be that far away. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, softlynow said:

I saw that the man who punched Steve Buscemi was charged with felony assault. I'd say that's a positive development. What I know of Buscemi is he's not an asshole like a lot of our celebrities.

so that trial start date will be some time in 2026, amirite?

Edited by yoladu

3 hours ago, softlynow said:

Just in case I would like it entered in the record that I am actually a Chrispy/Donkey Cigar sock.  Fuck you Donnie!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, softlynow said:

He definitely is a good guy. I am friends with the guy who played Buscemi’s butler on season two of Boardwalk Empire. He said working with him was a great experience and he was so kind to everyone on set.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Celery Man said:

I drove past a house in a quiet suburban neighborhood today flying an upside down American flag with a big TRUMP 2024 TAKE BACK AMERICA banner across their front porch

Robin Williams Thats The Good Stuff GIF

No doubt that 20 years ago the occupant was railing against flag burning because it was disrespectful.

2 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

He definitely is a good guy. I am friends with the guy who played Buscemi’s butler on season two of Boardwalk Empire. He said working with him was a great experience and he was so kind to everyone on set.

Oh, fuck him!  Mr. Pink doesn’t in tipping. 

• Haha 2

No doubt that 20 years ago the occupant was railing against flag burning because it was disrespectful.
He still is. He hasn't given a second thought about how his Made-in-China-Trump-faced-American flag may be the same as flag burning. He thinks it's making the flag better.
  • Rage+1 1

14 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Everytime he talks about her, her lawyer should just automatically file.  Fuck him.  He is an idiot.

He’s like my kids - they talk themselves into deep shit and then when it’s pointed out to them, they double down and won’t shut the fuck up.

8 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

The Grim Reaper is our only hope, and if you've seen Trump recently, he might not be that far away. 

If more reporters would ask him to declassify the Epstein files…

18 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I'm sure this is the proper move since now he's a convicted felon but this will just give him one more argument on how the govt is after them, and he gets to toss in the 2nd amendment.  He really is the worst American of all time.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm sure this is the proper move since now he's a convicted felon but this will just give him one more argument on how the govt is after them, and he gets to toss in the 2nd amendment.  He really is the worst American of all time.

"My 2nd Amendment rights are being stollen! It is a horrible thing, really the worst thing. No one has ever seen a thing like this before. The FBI is trying to assassinate me and now the DOJ is trying to prevent me from having a gun for protection! The thug NYPD lead by a Trump hater is doing it for Biden! Even Hunter HAS guns! Send money now to fight this Injustice!" - probably being said somewhere

21 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Dem response message:

Trump demands that felons be armed

• Hook 'Em 3

On 6/3/2024 at 9:13 AM, Gatorubet said:

In sum, Bannon’s excuse for not going to jail is now gone.    We will see if the trial court, having been told it was wrong, will still insist on an en banc decision before pulling the string.  I would guess we are less than 10 days away from Bannon going to jail.

The Trump appointed federal judge in Bannon’s case just told him he needs to report on July 1, 2024 for his finding out part. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

The Trump appointed federal judge in Bannon’s case just told him he needs to report on July 1, 2024 for his finding out part. 

Maybe it's just wrong of me (eh fuck probably not), but I'm hoping he gets Whitey Bulger'd

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't think anyone who has seen the story of Buscemi's return to FDNY after 9/11 could think he's anything but a good dude.

That he willingly went there to volunteer with his old ladder was incredible. 

• Hook 'Em 4

31 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Must be nice to get to choose the day you show up to jail 

Judge Nichols ruled that unless the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals grants Bannon’s request for an en banc hearing between June 24 — the deadline for Bannon to make such a request — and July 1, Bannon will have to surrender.

The date has nothing to do with Bannon’s wishes, but recognizes the procedural reality that Bannin’s request for an en banc hearing might be granted, and Bannon prevail on his defense and not have to go to jail.   

Put another way, the July 1 date has nothing to do with Bannon’s wishes and everything to do with recognizing Bannon’s appellate rights and the DC circuit deadline rules.  Let me add that this is not a unique Bannon gift; every litigant has the right to request an en banc hearing.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Judge Nichols ruled that unless the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals grants Bannon’s request for an en banc hearing between June 24 — the deadline for Bannon to make such a request — and July 1, Bannon will have to surrender.

The date has nothing to do with Bannon’s wishes, but recognizes the procedural reality that Bannin’s request for an en banc hearing might be granted, and Bannon prevail on his defense and not have to go to jail.   

Put another way, the July 1 date has nothing to do with Bannon’s wishes and everything to do with recognizing Bannon’s appellate rights and the DC circuit deadline rules.  Let me add that this is not a unique Bannon gift; every litigant has the right to request an en banc hearing.

On a positive note, this will pretty well sideline his stupid ass until after the election.  

12 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

On a positive note, this will pretty well sideline his stupid ass until after the election.  

I hope so, but I’m not so sure.  When the DC circuit denies the en banc request, Bannon will take a writ to the Supreme Court.  The odds of getting an en banc rehearing is roughly equivalent to the odds of getting a writ granted by the Supreme Court. 

if the trial court thinks it ok for him to be out pending the en banc denial, that same judge might think it ok to let him out/delay jail pending the SCOTUS writ denial. 

• Rage+1 3

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Who cares?  Anyone that thinks this way is in the tank for Maga anyway.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I always liked that subtle detail in "Reservoir Dogs" at the breakfast table.  Joe immediately notices somebody didn't throw in a buck, and it's Mister Orange who immediately announces to him that it was Mr. Pink that didn't throw in.  Mister Orange gives himself away as a rat at the very start, and it's not until after everything goes sideways that Joe realizes he wasn't 100% sure of Mr. Orange.  

There have already been plenty of Mister Oranges in President Orange's life.  And there are going to be a lot more.  Trump won't do a day in prison but people are turning on him more and more and he's in denial about it.  But his brain and body are aware and they are beginning to consume him from within.  This is going to be wonderful. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

I always liked that subtle detail in "Reservoir Dogs" at the breakfast table.  Joe immediately notices somebody didn't throw in a buck, and it's Mister Orange who immediately announces to him that it was Mr. Pink that didn't throw in.  Mister Orange gives himself away as a rat at the very start, and it's not until after everything goes sideways that Joe realizes he wasn't 100% sure of Mr. Orange.  

There have already been plenty of Mister Oranges in President Orange's life.  And there are going to be a lot more.  Trump won't do a day in prison but people are turning on him more and more and he's in denial about it.  But his brain and body are aware and they are beginning to consume him from within.  This is going to be wonderful. 

Man, if we could get dotard, ted cruz, and let's say Jim Jordan in that shooting triangle, I would be a happy man.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Man, if we could get dotard, ted cruz, and let's say Jim Jordan in that shooting triangle, I would be a happy man.

I feel like an all expenses paid trip to Sinaloa would do the trick as well. 

Just so we all get a good reminder of what a good person is in comparison to a narcissistic psycho. Steve Buscemi is down there volunteering and risking his own life and health alongside his brothers trying to save lives at the WTC. His instinct was to help those suffering and to save lives. I do not believe he has ever willingly brought it up unless asked about the experience. 

Meanwhile Dotard is saying this. What an incredible difference there is between these two people.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Lol at the MTV style "America Under Attack!" logo.

Didn't Dotard also brag at some point about helping to dig through debris on 9/11? Something I can say with 99.99% confidence didn't happen, unless he was trying to swipe jewelry off people or something.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Didn't Dotard also brag at some point about helping to dig through debris on 9/11? Something I can say with 99.99% confidence didn't happen, unless he was trying to swipe jewelry off people or something.

He was also probably trying to see if the value of his building went up since it was the tallest one again. There is no low for him. We all know that, but what we see as negative human traits his followers see as “He’s a moron just like us!”

19 minutes ago, Red Five said:

You know all the years I've seen this clip....you're right.  It looks like it's from the MTV graphic design department, like you're expecting them to cutaway to Kurt Loder at any moment, "Narcissistic Sociopath is our next guest to discuss Manhattan real estate and the best music to jerk off two invisible ghosts to after these messages from Pepsi and Chess King."  

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Add these motherfuckers and let's just make it a shooting dodecahedron:

Josh Hawley

Mitch McConnell

Lindsey Graham

MTG

Lauren Boobert

Ron DeSantis

Matt Gaetz

Kristi Noem

Nikki Haley

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Add these motherfuckers and let's just make it a shooting dodecahedron:

Josh Hawley

Mitch McConnell

Lindsey Graham

MTG

Lauren Boobert

Ron DeSantis

Matt Gaetz

Kristi Noem

Nikki Haley

It's a bit telling that I agree with you list and wish we can more, like Stephen Miller.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2