Caitlin Clark …. Seriously

MirrOlure

Meh, she hip checked her a bit.  That wasnt some "assault" or "attack" like so many are making it out to be.  Clark acting like she got shot is fucking ridiculous.   She flops constantly, stiff arms when she has the ball and talks shit all the time.   Yeah a top level competitor is going to eventually have an issue with that.   

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, d2o said:

Meh, she hip checked her a bit.  That wasnt some "assault" or "attack" like so many are making it out to be.  Clark acting like she got shot is fucking ridiculous.   She flops constantly, stiff arms when she has the ball and talks shit all the time.   Yeah a top level competitor is going to eventually have an issue with that.   

It was not a normal basketball play.  Caitlin was stationary.  It looked like a blindside hit in football.  

Deserves a fine

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 3

41 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

yeah, wnba fans constantly try and tell the rest of us that the talent level and the product is actually really good, and it’s just not. it’s pathetic. that is why this league would not exist on its own merit. yet they are given this league by men, and all they do is bitch and moan about all the stuff they deserve that they don’t have, and how men need to give it to them. then when men say things like, “we might watch more if you lowered the rim” they become incredulously apoplectic that you would say something so sexist. the more i’m exposed to the wnba, the more of a joke the league and its players become.

The WNBA has been existing on its own merit since 1996. You’re acting like the league just started up because of Clark. 

37 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

also liz cambadge and brittney griner need to be grateful that this league and its players don’t get more attention, because they are both huge pieces of shit who would be reviled by sports fans everywhere if they were men.

Liz Cambadge was kicked out back in 2022 because she’s a piece of shit. So yes, she was reviled by sports fans and players and owners which is why she left/got kicked to the curb. What point are you trying to make?

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

The WNBA has been existing on its own merit since 1996. You’re acting like the league just started up because of Clark. 

The WNBA has never been profitable. It makes money (from TV broadcast rights, sponsorships, gate receipts, etc.), but it is not profitable, and it is subsidized by the NBA.

19 minutes ago, Pancho said:

apples and oranges. cc shoving some girl during a game is not even close to an entire league targeting one girl with blatantly dirty play because she gets more attention than they do.

also who is this tweet even addressing? the 12 people who were watching that iowa game? nobody is even aware of that plays existence. we’re all very aware of the fact that cc is being targeted by seemingly the entire wnba over petty jealousy. the two aren’t remotely similar.

17 minutes ago, Pancho said:

lol no it hasn’t. the league loses money every year and is subsidized by the nba, facts you should be well aware of.

18 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Liz Cambadge was kicked out back in 2022 because she’s a piece of shit. So yes, she was reviled by sports fans and players and owners which is why she left/got kicked to the curb. What point are you trying to make?

are you being intentionally obtuse? should i just copy/paste the post you quoted so you can read it again? as of now nobody even knows who liz cambadge is. if the wnba got the attention that its players want and supposedly deserve then liz cambadge would be reviled by sports fans everywhere, as opposed to just being some anonymous POS doing whatever she’s doing, wherever she currently happens to be. did you really need me to spell all of that out for you again? 

11 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

The WNBA has never been profitable. It makes money (from TV broadcast rights, sponsorships, gate receipts, etc.), but it is not profitable, and it is subsidized by the NBA.

Of course it’s not profitable. It’s a niche sport. It being subsidized by the NBA (just 50%) is common knowledge.

Are there idiots out there who believe it would or could be profitable? 

Just now, definitely not derka said:

are you being intentionally obtuse? should i just copy/paste the post you quoted so you can read it again? as of now nobody even knows who liz cambadge is. if the wnba got the attention that its players want and supposedly deserve then liz cambadge would be reviled by sports fans everywhere, as opposed to just being some anonymous POS doing whatever she’s doing, wherever she currently happens to be. did you really need me to spell all of that out for you again? 

Yes people know who Liz Cambage is. 

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Of course it’s not profitable. It’s a niche sport. It being subsidized by the NBA (just 50%) is common knowledge.

Are there idiots out there who believe it would or could be profitable? 

You stated that it's existed on its own merit since 1996. That it's been around for nearly three decades but has never turned a profit and continues to operate because it's being subsidized by another business seems to contradict your statement.

• Hook 'Em 8

I'm going to take another view on whatever this drama is; it's great for the league. I'm of the opinion that this is an orchestrated, fake drama show intended to boost conversation of the league and Caitlin Clark, leading to intense thought pieces on the effects of race on sports culture, hot takes on team culture, and hilarious press conferences where you can sell jealousy and envy to the more lackadaisical consumer and create outrage and viewership. It's fucking working. Look at this goddamn thread. Look at the fucking news cycle. The WNBA has got to be loving this shit, and rightfully so. They have a great, white hope who is generating viewership and ticket sales, and a manufactured controversy they can sell to the public. The more this shit stays in the news, the better it is for everyone in the league. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No fine for Carter...  BULLSHIT!!! 🙄

"WNBA upgrades foul on Cailin Clark by Chennedy Carter, fines Angel Reese"

On Sunday, the WNBA upgraded Chicago Sky guard Chennedy Carter's foul against Indiana Fever guard Caitlin Clark to a flagrant-1 violation after reviewing the play.

Carter gave a shoulder shot to Clark that knocked her to the floor before an inbound pass during the third quarter of Saturday's 71-70 win by the Fever. The officials called it an away-from-the-ball foul and didn't review the play. It was deemed a common foul at the time.

"I wasn’t expecting it," Clark said after the game. "It is what it is. It’s a physical game. Go make the free throw and execute on offense, and I feel like that’s kind of what we did."

Carter didn't answer questions about Clark or the play after the game.

The league fined Sky forward Angel Reese $1,000 for failing to make herself available to the media after Saturday’s game. The WNBA also fined Chicago $5,000 for failing to ensure that all players comply with league media policies.

The league office may reclassify a flagrant foul or upgrade a foul to a flagrant one that isn’t called during the game. In addition, the league may impose a fine or suspend a player for a flagrant foul. The WNBA didn’t do either to Carter.

Posted (edited)

League better stop this shit before Clark gets injured... fans will stop watching if Caitlin gets hurt on a bullshit play.

Can't believe this lame ass shit... Caitlin is the "golden goose" for the WNBA.  🙄 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 2

In all fairness, I don’t know or care squat about the WNBA, but…..

Chennedy Clark does look a little “off”…….based on her profile pic, so acts of unprovoked violence should come as no surprise, and….

Matt Barnes speaks the truth, about teammates in general

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

The fact that this thread is at 7 pages proves CC is good for the advancement of women’s basketball; what do you think the previous record was here or on any of the old sites for one women’s hoops player? I don’t GAF about women’s basketball in general but it doesn’t make me mad that other people get into it or that a hugely influential player gets a shitload of attention…

Edited by Ignatius
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

The fact that this thread is at 7 pages proves CC is good for the advancement of women’s basketball; what do you think the previous record was here or on any of the old sites for one women’s hoops player? I don’t GAF about women’s basketball in general but it doesn’t make me mad that other people get into it or that a hugely influential player gets a shitload of attention…

Well, sorta... if you put it in the context of her being the greatest female college basketball player of all-time you'd think we'd hit more than 7 pages in 1+ years.

16 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Well, sorta... if you put it in the context of her being the greatest female college basketball player of all-time you'd think we'd hit more than 7 pages in 1+ years.

The WNBA thread, for the entire league is 4 years old and has 6 pages.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

The WNBA thread, for the entire league is 4 years old and has 6 pages.

which shows that cc is vastly more interesting than the entirety of professional women’s basketball. we’re talking about this now because is an extremely unique story taking place during the doldrums of summer. the best college basketball player immediately joins her pro league right after her college career ends, and from day 1 she’s basically got a bounty on her head literally because she’s singlehandedly getting more attention than the entire rest of the league combined. i’m talking about it now, but i won’t care for very much longer, and i’m definitely not ever going to tune into a wnba game because of this.

Edited by definitely not derka

10 hours ago, definitely not derka said:

all they do is bitch and moan about all the stuff they deserve that they don’t have, and how men need to give it to them. 

I don’t think most of them play that way. 

• Haha 1