Caitlin Clark …. Seriously

MirrOlure

Posted (edited)

This entire controversy may get a dizen or more people to watxh the WNBA. Its a shitty priduct, which is saying a lot, since the NBA is garbage these days. 

Edited by Deej

5 hours ago, BeardIP said:

However, I find it laughable that Pancho was out here pretending like the tweets from Angel Reese weren't sneak disses at Clark, especially after she overly and dramatically celebrated Clark getting hip checked to the ground, and now Pancho is actting like it's not a big deal. What's the beef you are pretending to not have with Caitlin Clark, Pancho?

I don’t have any beef with Clark, why do you feel the need to single me out? Clark is what she is. Good for her and the game.

Are you also going to say something about the “sneak disses” on twitter Clark’s boyfriend and brother are doing to Reese, or are you going to casually ignore that?

Also, Clark is being treated no different than how others have been treated. Candace Parker was treated the same her rookie year. What Lindsay Whalen did to Odyssey Sims. Lisa Leslie just in general. Sparks/Shocks brawl of 2008.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, BeardIP said:

I watched two Iowa games to see what the hype was about and found it to be rather enjoyable. I guess because there were stakes (Women's Tourney). I can't find the desire to care enough to spend anytime watching WNBA.

However, I find it laughable that Pancho was out here pretending like the tweets from Angel Reese weren't sneak disses at Clark, especially after she overly and dramatically celebrated Clark getting hip checked to the ground, and now Pancho is actting like it's not a big deal. What's the beef you are pretending to not have with Caitlin Clark, Pancho?

Further, why are the same people in the WNBA league who stand to benefit the most from Clark's attention and fandom and the exposure she is bringing (read: eyeballs and money), which will trickle down to everyone else in the league, so belligerent to her?

Too much sinful pride is my guess as they would rather reign in Hell than serve in Heaven, I guess? Maybe it's racism because she's a white, corn-fed midwest girl who is heterosexual and Christian, which makes her an instant outsider?

I wonder if behind the scenes Caitlin is just a raging jerk?  Like taking too long in the shower, stealing teammates deodorant,  making life tough on the support staff?

I think people like Reese and Carter love this. Like the tweet I posted I had no idea who Cheney Carter was until the shove. 

6 hours ago, BeardIP said:

Maybe it's racism because she's a white, corn-fed midwest girl who is heterosexual and Christian, which makes her an instant outsider?

Has she said she’s straight, or has a public relationship? Aren’t most of the women in the league Christian?

24 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Imagine thinking that rivalries are bad. Imagine complaining that the players don't like each other. Imagine thinking it's better to have it where everyone is best friends all the time like in the NBA.

Rivalry between who?  Clark doesn’t seem to want to publically engage with Reese.  Unless you’re talking about Carter but I doubt Clark cares about her either

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Rivalry between who?  Clark doesn’t seem to want to publically engage with Reese.  Unless you’re talking about Carter but I doubt Clark cares about her either

Clark is one of the biggest trash talkers out there lol. You simply aren't paying attention if you don't see that. She is going to have plenty of rivalries.

Yall act like poor little Caitlin Clark is just out there trying to play basketball and these big mean girls are just picking on her for no reason. As if she isn't stirring it up and trash talking at them as well. Like they aren't also pros and they should just roll out the red carpet and let her do whatever she wants. As if all the good new players don't have an adjustment period of getting picked on and everyone coming after them. As if that isnt a huge sign of respect because if you werent a great player, they wouldnt waste their effort doing it. Wtf are we even talking about here.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Clark is one of the biggest trash talkers out there lol. You simply aren't paying attention if you don't see that. She is going to have plenty of rivalries.

Yall act like poor little Caitlin Clark is just out there trying to play basketball and these big mean girls are just picking on her for no reason. As if she isn't stirring it up and trash talking at them as well. Like they aren't also pros and they should just roll out the red carpet and let her do whatever she wants. As if all the good new players don't have an adjustment period of getting picked on and everyone coming after them. As if that isnt a huge sign of respect because if you werent a great player, they wouldnt waste their effort doing it. Wtf are we even talking about here.

I haven't seen anything really outrageous until that blindside full on crosscheck that was in no way even close to being a basketball play. 

That shit needs to stop immediately. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Has she said she’s straight, or has a public relationship? Aren’t most of the women in the league Christian?

She has a boyfriend and yes, most of the league is of Christian faith which that has nothing to do with anything here so it’s not clear why Chrispy/GRUHorn mentioned it at all.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Imagine thinking that rivalries are bad. Imagine complaining that the players don't like each other. Imagine thinking it's better to have it where everyone is best friends all the time like in the NBA.

i’m sorry, what? first off there is no rivalry, there is one rookie player being targeted for cheap shots by the entire rest of the league with none of her teammates defending her. that’s not a rivalry. as for the rest of your post, nobody here gives a shit about the wnba nor do we have opinions on whether or not its players like each other. we’re only talking about this because the female steph curry just entered the league with a bounty on her head because women be jealous. that’s all. nobody here cares about this league or its alarmingly entitled, spoiled, angry, violent, non-talented players.

Edited by definitely not derka
  • Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Clark could always take Ice Cube’s offer and play overseas. 

The WNBA needs Clark more than she needs them. 

LOL, you think the men would be gentle with her and allow her to score?  Yall are hilarious.   

2 minutes ago, d2o said:

LOL, you think the men would be gentle with her and allow her to score?  Yall are hilarious.   

1)the men wouldn’t be head hunting her

2)she’d make way more money salary wise

3)the wnba would fade back into obscurity and irrelevance without clark driving 100% of the attention to the league

thats the point being made. these female professional “athletes” who would lose to a HS boys team need to stop biting the hand that feeds their sorry asses.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Great thread

nope. this is not a case of, “let’s get physical with the rookie to make things more difficult”, this is the NO Saints bounty gate on a rookie because she gets more attention than you do. people fouled shaq hard because they couldn’t stop him; MJ got fouled hard because it was a winning strategy/the pistons MO; tom brady got hit lots because that’s football; none of this is analogous to what’s happening to cc right now.

this “great thread” is a bunch of examples of leagues/players trying to find a way to slow down a transcendently great talent who is otherwise dominant. none of those things are analogous to putting a bounty on a rookie’s head not because she’s dominant, but because she gets more attention than you do. not to mention that tom brady’s o line and michael jordan’s teammates had their backs. this is an unprecedented situation that could only arise from the insane levels of jealousy, pettiness, and entitlement that wnba players have in spades.

19 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

i’m sorry, what? first off there is no rivalry, there is one rookie player being targeted for cheap shots by the entire rest of the league with none of her teammates defending her. that’s not a rivalry. as for the rest of your post, nobody here gives a shit about the wnba nor do we have opinions on whether or not its players like each other. we’re only talking about this because the female steph curry just entered the league with a bounty on her head because women be jealous. that’s all. nobody here cares about this league or its alarmingly entitled, spoiled, angry, violent, non-talented players.

2 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

nope. this is not a case of, “let’s get physical with the rookie to make things more difficult”, this is the NO Saints bounty gate on a rookie because she  gets more attention than you. people fouled shaq hard because they couldn’t stop him; MJ got fouled hard because it was a winning strategy/the pistons MO; tom brady got hit lots because that’s football; none of this is analogous to what’s happening to cc right now.

this “great thread” is a bunch of examples of leagues/players trying to find a way to slow down a transcendently great talent who is otherwise dominant. none of those things are analogous to putting a bounty on a rookie’s head not because she’s dominant, but because she gets more attention than you do. not to mention that tom brady’s o line and michael jordan’s teammates had their backs. this is an unprecedented situation that could only arise from the insane levels of jealousy, pettiness, and entitlement that wnba players have in spades.

What evidence do you have that there’s a bounty on her head.

Candace Parker was treated the same way her freshman year. Were you outraged then? Why not?

20 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

You're being a big crybaby.

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

What evidence do you have that there’s a bounty on her head.

Candace Parker was treated the same way her freshman year. Were you outraged then? Why not?

He is yet again speaking authoritatively about a subject he clearly knows jack shit about. It's fun.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/1/2024 at 9:37 PM, d2o said:

Meh, she hip checked her a bit.  That wasnt some "assault" or "attack" like so many are making it out to be.  Clark acting like she got shot is fucking ridiculous.   She flops constantly, stiff arms when she has the ball and talks shit all the time.   Yeah a top level competitor is going to eventually have an issue with that.   

So....... she's Lebron?  Or Luka?  Or any current NBA player.......

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

In a league where everyone makes a teachers salary, why are we surprised that people resent the person who has a $20m shoe deal without having played a minute? Why can't we fathom that some of these women are going to come after her to up their own profile and presence so that they can get endorsement deals? I think it's pretty fucking natural. Anyone ignoring that dynamic is just being obtuse.

Edited by Pam Cummings

6 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

In a league where everyone makes a teachers salary, why are we surprised that people resent the person who has a $20m shoe deal without having played a minute? Why can't we fathom that some of these women are going to come after her to up their own profile and presence so that they can get endorsement deals? I think it's pretty fucking natural. Anyone ignoring that dynamic is just being obtuse.

you know what would be great? if you’d actually quote someone and address what they’ve said that you disagree with as opposed to incessantly soliloquizing about vague issues which or may not even be germane to what we’re talking about. if someone is obtuse then quote that person and tell them why. stop screaming inanities into the ether and start actually participating in this conversation.

12 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Fair enough but she’s also the reason you’re no longer boarding with the E group on southwest.  That was a non basketball move by Carter and uncalled for

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

you know what would be great? if you’d actually quote someone and address what they’ve said that you disagree with as opposed to incessantly soliloquizing about vague issues which or may not even be germane to what we’re talking about. if someone is obtuse then quote that person and tell them why. stop screaming inanities into the ether and start actually participating in this conversation.

Actually I don't have to direct my post at anybody. The topic is about Caitlin Clark. My post is about Caitlin Clark. If you have any issues with the things that I posted then how about you can address those points that I made instead of being a big huffy baby about everything.

7 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Fair enough but she’s also the reason you’re no longer boarding with the E group on southwest.  That was a non basketball move by Carter and uncalled for

I agree with this. I didn't like it. I was also watching and saw what led to it and so saw it in proper context.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I laughed when I finally saw the actual replay of the aggy hit on Clark. They should have called the flagrant right then and moved on, but good lord what an  overreaction.  Even WNBA cheap shots look awkward and unathletic. However there is no doubt the WNBA execs are f'n ecstatic right now about the attention the Clark saga is getting currently, they are 100% onboard. The golden goose scored 3 points in her last outing and is still dominating league storylines. I do agree that her teammates need to put one of the opponents down every time someone tries this shit. Hire a goon and if someone cheap shots Caitlin......falcon punch right back at ya. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Actually I don't have to direct my post at anybody. The topic is about Caitlin Clark. My post is about Caitlin Clark. If you have any issues with the things that I posted then how about you can address those points that I made instead of being a big huffy baby about everything.

lol the “points” you’re making aren’t germane to this thread, because you’re whining about shit that nobody in here is actually saying. and i just addressed that by quoting you and pointing it out. also every post you’re making is the definition of “being a big huffy baby about everything”, so all in all just another really great contribution to this discussion from you. 

as far as the idea that all of this is just GREAT for the wnba and that the execs are just loving this, get back to me a year from now (maybe a month from now?) when this one particular story has died down and the wnba remains an anonymous, irrelevant venture that nobody pays any attention to.

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

He is yet again speaking authoritatively about a subject he clearly knows jack shit about. It's fun.

Right, admits that he doesnt watch.  Gives a "factual" account about the league.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

There are other female basketball leagues in the world. I wasn’t insinuating she should play with men. 

You said "take Ice Cube's offer".    Cube doesnt run a women's league.  

Edited by d2o

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Basically.   In a league where flopping is far less rewarded.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, definitely not derka said:

1)the men wouldn’t be head hunting her

2)she’d make way more money salary wise

3)the wnba would fade back into obscurity and irrelevance without clark driving 100% of the attention to the league

thats the point being made. these female professional “athletes” who would lose to a HS boys team need to stop biting the hand that feeds their sorry asses.

First and foremost, the offer was a publicity stunt that Cube knew she wouldnt take.   He just sold his first franchise for 10M.   How in the world is he going to pay her 5M for 15 gms?    Yall love to rag on the W not making money, but you think the Big3 is?   

2nd the Big3 players make about 10k/gm.  You really think they are gonna be cool with her coming in making 50 times that?   On top of that dudes are generally misogynistic particularly when it comes to sports.   You really think they aren't going to go out of their way to show that she doesnt belong playing with men?   If they cannot play with HS boys how is she going to play with male professional basketball players?

Edited by d2o

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

I don't think there is a "bounty" on Caitlin.  It's just jealousy and women being catty.

But the point is that these other women are simply being short sighted.  They should be happy Caitin signed a huge sneaker deal because it brings exposure to the league, and a rising tide floats all boats.

That said, until the WNBA puts out a viable product, I guess it won't matter.  I tried watching, but it's just garbage at this point.  

Edited by DixonHur
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I don't think there is a "bounty" on Caitlin.  It's just jealousy and women being catty.

But the point is that these other women are simply being short sighted.  They should be happy Caitin signed a huge sneaker deal because it brings exposure to the league, and a rising tide floats all boats.

That said, until the WNBA puts out a viable product, I guess it won't matter.  I tried watching, but it's just garbage at this point.  

What bothers me is this portrayal of the other women as "just being catty" or "they're just jealous of her", as if any human that is in that situation wouldn't feel the exact same way. You guys realize that when Pete Maravich was drafted, his salary as a rookie exceeded the salaries of the rest of his teammates combined, right? He had teammates resent him and refuse to play with him that went to the ABA. This is a natural dynamic at play here and it isn't just women who would feel that way if they were in that situation. You have established players being well out-earned by a rookie and being told they should thank their lucky stars that she came along and that they have the opportunity to play with her. How should they feel.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 3

52 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

lol the “points” you’re making aren’t germane to this thread, because you’re whining about shit that nobody in here is actually saying. and i just addressed that by quoting you and pointing it out. also every post you’re making is the definition of “being a big huffy baby about everything”, so all in all just another really great contribution to this discussion from you. 

Did not have "Derka lecturing others on how to not fuck up a thread" on today's bingo card.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

What bothers me is this portrayal of the other women as "just being catty" or "they're just jealous of her", as if any human that is in that situation wouldn't feel the exact same way.

you believe that every single person in the world would be out here cheap shotting caitlyn clark and constantly shit talking her in the press? based on what? sounds like you’re projecting how you would feel on the rest of the world. this petty, violent reaction to cc’s mere existence is an issue *because* the vast majority of the rest of would not behave this way. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

As if I should be taking instructions on how to post from the guy who keeps getting banned.

i’ve never been banned for breaking any rules or fucking with anyone else, i literally just keep getting banned because immamac wakes up pissy one day and decides to go on a power trip. hell he openly brags about banning me for fun. if you could cite anything in my actual posting history that says i deserve to be banned and you’d have a point.

20 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Derka keeps using the word bounty when there’s nothing of the sort. Moreover, he wasn’t complaining when Candace Parker got the Clark treatment years ago. Why not?

Clark’s huge sneaker deal isn’t what brings exposure; it’s her style of play. There’s nothing indicating that her shoe deal is going to lead to increase $$$ for all players. Will the arena sellouts? That remains to be seen, but some WNBA teams have been selling out for years and nothing happened. Now, what Clark’s shoe deal did do is force Nike’s hand as to why she got a deal (with no NC) so quickly compared to Aja Wilson who Nike had been sitting on her deal for years (and Aja has a NC).

Some people are conflating the idea that just because they themselves started to pay attention to the WNBA now because of Clark (why it’s specifically because of her and not other players like Aja, Candace, Diana, Elena, etc. only they know) means the league is “doing better” thanks to her. 

—-

I’m not sure what the fuck this is about but Jesus

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

you’re right, there’s not a literal bounty on her head. she’s getting the cheap shot treatment night in and night out for free.

whats really crazy about all of the people insisting that there’s nothing to see here and that this is all normal is that the women you’re defending are publicly refuting the very things you’re saying in their defense. these women are out here on some, “fuck caitlyn clark and everything she stands for” shit. they celebrate the cheap shots and they shit talk her at every opportunity. her own teammates don’t even have her back. the only people who are claiming that this is all just SOP are those trying to defend this BS. the women actually taking part in it are telling us they don’t like her. it’s not a mystery. they are targeting her out of pettiness and jealousy.

13 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Derka keeps using the word bounty when there’s nothing of the sort. Moreover, he wasn’t complaining when Candace Parker got the Clark treatment years ago. Why not?

Clark’s huge sneaker deal isn’t what brings exposure; it’s her style of play. There’s nothing indicating that her shoe deal is going to lead to increase $$$ for all players. Will the arena sellouts? That remains to be seen, but some WNBA teams have been selling out for years and nothing happened. Now, what Clark’s shoe deal did do is force Nike’s hand as to why she got a deal (with no NC) so quickly compared to Aja Wilson who Nike had been sitting on her deal for years (and Aja has a NC).

Some people are conflating the idea that just because they themselves started to pay attention to the WNBA now because of Clark (why it’s specifically because of her and not other players like Aja, Candace, Diana, Elena, etc. only they know) means the league is “doing better” thanks to her. 

—-

I’m not sure what the fuck this is about but Jesus

Yeah how about we let the rising tide actually lift the other boats before we start demanding that all the boats bow down to the new diety.

Once again, if you’ve followed the league, these women have been talking shit and “celebrating” giving the rookie treatment FOR YEARS. Clark isn’t the first player this has happened to. 

Why can’t you comprehend that? What is it about this being done to Clark that makes you so enraged and emotional?

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

What bothers me is this portrayal of the other women as "just being catty" or "they're just jealous of her", as if any human that is in that situation wouldn't feel the exact same way. You guys realize that when Pete Maravich was drafted, his salary as a rookie exceeded the salaries of the rest of his teammates combined, right? He had teammates resent him and refuse to play with him that went to the ABA. This is a natural dynamic at play here and it isn't just women who would feel that way if they were in that situation. You have established players being well out-earned by a rookie and being told they should thank their lucky stars that she came along and that they have the opportunity to play with her. How should they feel.

Is she getting paid more than them by her team? Or are they just pissed off they aren't as marketable as her and don't have the endorsements? If you aren't marketable, that's on you. 

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yeah how about we let the rising tide actually lift the other boats before we start demanding that all the boats bow down to the new diety.

this is exactly what i’m talking about with you. you don’t quote anything that anyone has actually said, you just post totally made up, inane shit that’s making you upset for no apparent reason. who has “demanded that the entire league bow down to the new deity”? what are you even talking about? other than proving my point about your completely inane posts?

1 minute ago, Deej said:

Is she getting paid more than them by her team? Or are they just pissed off they aren't as marketable as her and don't have the endorsements? If you aren't marketable, that's on you. 

Well then so much for the rising tide lifting the boats then, right? You are simultaneously telling me that these women should be thankful for Caitlin Clark and the money she brings in, none of which they are seeing, and also telling me that if they can't make money on their own it's their problem. Can't have it both ways. And like I said earlier....she is so popular, why doesn't it then make sense to come after her and make a name for yourself? Did anybody know who Chennedy Carter was before she did it?