Caitlin Clark …. Seriously

MirrOlure

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

If Reese continues to be dumb with her comments, my guess is that Reese will wear out her welcome among the other players, while Clark keeps her head down and earns the respect.

The other players are using her as a megaphone. The opposite of this is true. Everyone is clowning on them for being such babies about everything. These are professional athletes not a bunch of high school bitches playing the equivalent of intramural sports. I know it's confusing when you watch the game and it looks like that, but it's the elite of the elite level in this sport. 

19 minutes ago, immamac said:

The other players are using her as a megaphone. The opposite of this is true. Everyone is clowning on them for being such babies about everything. These are professional athletes not a bunch of high school bitches playing the equivalent of intramural sports. I know it's confusing when you watch the game and it looks like that, but it's the elite of the elite level in this sport. 

I know that we are a very reactionary sports society that cant remember anything past 5 minutes ago and want to make sweeping declarative statements about everything the moment we see it, but just give it time. It's not as big a deal as what you're making it to be right now.

19 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Honestly, who is d2o related to? It is fucking comical that stupid mother fucker actually thinks anyone gives a shit outside of Caitlin.

He is such a sad gatekeeper. 

Clearly plenty do.   My bad I thought yall wanted to talk facts. 

I aint related to you but ya mom calls me Daddy.  

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

WNBA great rips media outlets over Angel Reese coverage after flagrant foul on Caitlin Clark: 'Nasty work'

Swin Cash, a three-time WNBA champion and four-time WNBA All-Star, called out the media for its coverage of Angel Reese’s flagrant foul on Caitlin Clark during their matchup Sunday

"To have the only highlight of Angel be that foul is nasty work by these outlets," Cash, who is currently an executive with the New Orleans Pelicans in the NBA, wrote on X. "U know what you're doing while also questioning her intent is nonsense! They got it right, it was a flagrant 1 it was called by the refs & the players played on."

Cash then offered her support for Reese and told the WNBA rookie to keep her head up.

"Smh Keep Pushin & Competing Angel," the Basketball Hall of Famer added.

there’s nothing that angel reese does on a basketball court that any number of talented 8th grade boys couldn’t do. the fact that she’s apparently a double double machine is an indictment on the league.

Edited by definitely not derka

Just now, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Hell, Aggy thinks CC could contribute in the second-best men’s professional league in this country.

That’s where we’re at. 

I said no such thing. I said she could ride the bench and come in and it would be fun to watch. Not that she'd be a contributor in any meaningful way, also you need to cool your jets you are already on super thin ice coming off a ban and then talking shit to the mods via report comments. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, d2o said:

Some of yall cant see anything without a CC bias. 

that’s rich coming from the most dug-in, unwilling-to-concede defender of all things that are anti-CC. you and pancho are the two people in this thread who are completely incapable of objectivity. you made 50 posts about all of the basketball reasons that CC shouldn’t be on the olympic team and completely dismissed all of the extremely valid non-basketball arguments that said otherwise. you are the last person here to call out others for having bias.

Edited by definitely not derka
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

there’s nothing that angel reese does on a basketball court that any number of talented 8th grade boys couldn’t do. the fact that she’s apparently a double double machine is an indictment on the league.

When teams are averaging 40% from the field, there are a lot of rebounds to go around.

• Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I know that we are a very reactionary sports society that cant remember anything past 5 minutes ago and want to make sweeping declarative statements about everything the moment we see it, but just give it time. It's not as big a deal as what you're making it to be right now.

I was watching the game live. The foul was ridiculous and not noteworthy of additional media attention, but it was every bit of a flagrant 1. For Angel Reese to go up and act like it was a call she was given by the refs (not flagrant 1 on the floor, video reviewed and upgraded) is the sweeping declarative statement that set the media on fire. 

Angel Reese committed the foul and then tried to gaslight everyone into thinking it was because Caitlin Clark gets special treatment. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

that’s rich coming from the most dug-in, unwilling-to-concede defender of all things that are anti-CC. you and pancho are the two people in this thread who are completely incapable of objectivity. you made 50 posts about all of the basketball reasons that CC shouldn’t be on the olympic team and completely dismissed all of the extremely valid non-basketball arguments that said otherwise. you are the last person here to call out others for having bias.

Don’t do that. Don’t be a complete idiot. To say she doesn’t deserve to be on the team based on her stats is exactly what objectivity is. There can be multiple objective perspectives. You just believe yours it the only one and the correct one.  I’ve given Clark multiple praises. All I’ve asked is if you put her on the team, which guard are you removing and why.

Stop being an idiot and dragging my name into shit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, immamac said:

I was watching the game live. The foul was ridiculous and not noteworthy of additional media attention, but it was every bit of a flagrant 1. For Angel Reese to go up and act like it was a call she was given by the refs (not flagrant 1 on the floor, video reviewed and upgraded) is the sweeping declarative statement that set the media on fire. 

Angel Reese committed the foul and then tried to gaslight everyone into thinking it was because Caitlin Clark gets special treatment. 

The soundbite you are referring to wasn't in response to a question about that particular play. I listened to the whole post game interview from her and when she says that specific quote she is talking about general fouls throughout the game, not that particular play. That clip has been presented as an answer to a question about her flagrant foul and it wasn't.

Is it still tone deaf? Absolutely. But that was not a response to a question about that play. All I'm saying.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

The soundbite you are referring to wasn't in response to a question about that particular play. I listened to the whole post game interview from her and when she says that specific quote she is talking about general fouls throughout the game, not that particular play. That clip has been presented as an answer to a question about her flagrant foul and it wasn't.

Cool, what's left is a sound bite of CC saying I'm here to play basketball and be an ambassador for the game for young people. The other thing we are left with is Angel Reese being a sore loser bitch claiming CC got special treatment wrapped up in bailing her in the head for a flagrant 1. 

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

Cool, what's left is a sound bite of CC saying I'm here to play basketball and be an ambassador for the game for young people. The other thing we are left with is Angel Reese being a sore loser bitch claiming CC got special treatment wrapped up in bailing her in the head for a flagrant 1. 

If you want to cheer on somebody taking a soundbite out of context to make it sound like someone did something they didnt, go ahead. I still think it's dirty pool. And unnecessary, you don't need to make up shit to find reasons to not like her.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

If you want to cheer on somebody taking a soundbite out of context to make it sound like someone did something they didnt, go ahead. I still think it's dirty pool. And unnecessary, you don't need to make up shit to find reasons to not like her.

How is Reese's soundbite about the foul out of context? How is Reese deleted tweets and tweets directed toward Clark out of context?

Posted (edited)

6:20 mark:  Great comments on press coverage and media wanting CC to take a stand...

Tiger and MJ never took a stand  -- MJ famously said " Republicans buy tennis shoes as well"

Patrick: Angel Reese is 'trying to be an instigator' | Dan Patrick Show | NBC Sports

Edited by LTtxfan

30 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

Can you point one anti-CC post?  Just one. Where have I said anything but she is very good and will probably be great?  

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Explain again, because it's indefensible. 

People are acting like the interaction was

Q: What did you think of your foul on Caitlin?

A: I guess some people get a special whistle

But the clip is of course more tame:

https://streamable.com/27vutx

She seems to be more talking about the fouls in general throughout the game.

So yeah....I think it's a dumb comment but people are trying to fan flames here.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

People are acting like the interaction was

Q: What did you think of your foul on Caitlin?

A: I guess some people get a special whistle

But the clip is of course more tame:

https://streamable.com/27vutx

She seems to be more talking about the fouls in general throughout the game.

So yeah....I think it's a dumb comment but people are trying to fan flames here.

So she’s still a jealous bitch even with context, got it

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

So she’s still a jealous bitch even with context, got it

She's definitely jealous of Clark and it's not even a question. The question is why do you seem more bothered by it than Clark herself.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

If you want to embrace the villain role, that’s fine. But villiains and heels are supposed be hated.  So don’t complain when you are hated. That’s not embracing the role. 

If the villian is doing things that make you hate them then they are doing the role just fine.

19 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I readily admit, I don't never followed the WNBA and never will.  The worst player in that league would beat me 1:1, 9 times outta 10.  

Y’all are so caught up arguing the same shit over and over again, y’all blew right past this gem from ol’ Frank Stallone. 9 times out of 10, Frank? You think you got one in ya against a professional women’s basketball player?

Spoiler

image.gif.86b79eadcb0d34a071f6de85d972941a.gif

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

She's definitely jealous of Clark and it's not even a question. The question is why do you seem more bothered by it than Clark herself.

Her and probably over half of the league. Of course they would all be riding southwest, boarding group D if it weren’t for Clark. It’s like they’re willfully ignoring it  

btw, even with Clark the league is slated to lose 50m this year   

16 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Her and probably over half of the league. Of course they would all be riding southwest, boarding group D if it weren’t for Clark. It’s like they’re willfully ignoring it  

I have it on good authority the WNBA was exploring this for years 🤓

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

"Lets do charter flights. It's not like we're paying for them. Get Adam Silver on the phone!"

Posted (edited)

Reece's interviews are way more entertaining than watching her shoot 36% from 5 ft or less.  The villain role will play well with all of those who hate CC for reasons not related to basketball.  Her style of play is the same style that has had the WNBA lose money for 25+yrs annually.  She simply doesn't stand out in anyway when watching the game for a traditional NBA fan.

Still think the Olympic team made a huge mistake not putting CC AND REESE on the team.  You would then capture all who love CC and those who love to hate CC.  Market the past (which no one cared to watch) meets the future that people actually tune in for.  I think the players' worst fear is that CC would be one of the best players on the floor when surrounded by talent regardless of playing time (which there would be plenty for a team that hasn't lost in decades), the blow to the egos would be nuclear.

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

new TV deal next season will help, and $25 million of that is supposedly from charter flights.  

If the $50 million is accurate, does that mean each NBA player is losing about $45K a year on the WNBA? ($50m/2/550 aprox # of players)?  Does the men's revenue split come before or after WNBA revenue losses?

23 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Reece's interviews are way more entertaining than watching her shoot 36% from 5 ft or less.  The villain role will play well with all of those who hate CC for reasons not related to basketball.  Her style of play is the same style that has had the WNBA lose money for 25+yrs annually.  She simply doesn't stand out in anyway when watching the game for a traditional NBA fan.

Still think the Olympic team made a huge mistake not putting CC AND REESE on the team.  You would then capture all who love CC and those who love to hate CC.  Market the past (which no one cared to watch) meets the future that people actually tune in for.  I think the players' worst fear is that CC would be one of the best players on the floor when surrounded by talent regardless of playing time (which there would be plenty for a team that hasn't lost in decades), the blow to the egos would be nuclear.

Like some twisted version of that Reebok '92 campaign "Dan versus Dave.  To be settled in Barcelona"  

• Haha 2

🙄🙄🙄

stop comparing the women to the men, it’s embarrassing. shaquille o’neal is a top 10 freakiest human being to ever walk the planet. his combination of size, strength, agility, iq, touch, and basketball skill has never been matched and will probably never be matched. let’s not compare some lady who’s on par with a good 14-15 year old boy basketball-wise to fucking shaq.

• Hook 'Em 1

and yes, i know this is the CC thread. again, the three people who take the wnba thread seriously (the same three people who are the only three people here who refuse to acknowledge that CC should be on the olympic team for obvious reasons) get all pissy when you make a post in the wnba thread that isn’t a straight fellating (cunnilinging?) the “athletes” in that league. i’m being downright respectful when it comes down to it.

Wow, that's quite disgusting.  How fucking racist do you have to be to sign up to follow the WNBA online, then read through the whole Reese/Clark rivalry threads/chains.  And then still be willing to use your real name to make ugly comments like this?    

While I feel all these racist shitheaps should be doxxed and humiliated and Reese treated with dignity.  I also feel that some of this may blowback to Clark as in, "See what you've done to our sport.  You're brought these bigots out of the woodwork to harass us."  Welcome to post-2016 America.  If there's something we can fuck up about women of all colors inspiring little girls of all colors to engage in team sports and goals, we will do it fantastically.  

Americans being assholes to one another about sports, the one thing that used to unite us...just in time for the International Olympiad.  Great look USA, tremendous.

34 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Wow, that's quite disgusting.  How fucking racist do you have to be to sign up to follow the WNBA online, then read through the whole Reese/Clark rivalry threads/chains.  And then still be willing to use your real name to make ugly comments like this?    

While I feel all these racist shitheaps should be doxxed and humiliated and Reese treated with dignity.  I also feel that some of this may blowback to Clark as in, "See what you've done to our sport.  You're brought these bigots out of the woodwork to harass us."  Welcome to post-2016 America.  If there's something we can fuck up about women of all colors inspiring little girls of all colors to engage in team sports and goals, we will do it fantastically.  

Americans being assholes to one another about sports, the one thing that used to unite us...just in time for the International Olympiad.  Great look USA, tremendous.

Absolutely embarrassing and disgusting but I’d bet it’s not hard to find disgusting comments about Caitlin 

• Hook 'Em 1

Uh can you please point to the posts here, which is obviously not Twitter, where people said any of that? Also this isn't the wnba drama thread, there is a dead thread for that because no one gives a shit. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

How fucking racist do you have to be to sign up to follow the WNBA online, then read through the whole Reese/Clark rivalry threads/chains.  And then still be willing to use your real name to make ugly comments like this?    

It’s like you haven’t been on the internet in the past decade and a half 

50 minutes ago, immamac said:

Uh can you please point to the posts here, which is obviously not Twitter, where people said any of that? Also this isn't the wnba drama thread, there is a dead thread for that because no one gives a shit. 

Facebook*