Caitlin Clark …. Seriously

MirrOlure

On 6/17/2024 at 12:50 PM, Pam Cummings said:

The soundbite you are referring to wasn't in response to a question about that particular play. I listened to the whole post game interview from her and when she says that specific quote she is talking about general fouls throughout the game, not that particular play. That clip has been presented as an answer to a question about her flagrant foul and it wasn't.

Is it still tone deaf? Absolutely. But that was not a response to a question about that play. All I'm saying.

This is what her "special whistle" comment was about.

52 minutes ago, d2o said:

This is what her "special whistle" comment was about.

her quote was still about caitlin clark. why does she even have to involve CC? what does reese not getting a foul called in her favor have to do with CC? just more unprovoked, antagonistic crap from the “villain” who needs a safe space whenever anyone gives her the same kind of shit she gives CC. 

On 6/17/2024 at 11:38 AM, immamac said:

I was watching the game live. The foul was ridiculous and not noteworthy of additional media attention, but it was every bit of a flagrant 1. For Angel Reese to go up and act like it was a call she was given by the refs (not flagrant 1 on the floor, video reviewed and upgraded) is the sweeping declarative statement that set the media on fire. 

Angel Reese committed the foul and then tried to gaslight everyone into thinking it was because Caitlin Clark gets special treatment. 

I thought blows to the head even if inadvertent were automatic flagrant 1? I know it isn’t always called but I saw a few reviews during the NBA regular season where there wasn’t even a foul called on the floor and they wound up giving a flagrant 1

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

I thought blows to the head even if inadvertent were automatic flagrant 1? I know it isn’t always called but I saw a few reviews during the NBA regular season where there wasn’t even a foul called on the floor and they wound up giving a flagrant 1

They are in most instances.   I dont think anyone has said it shouldn't have been a flagrant

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You know what won't set records? Olympic womens basketball.

You mean all these new fans that have been created by the new ambassador for women’s basketball won’t tune in to watch a team represent their country?

8 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

CC should stay away from that kinda shit...

Dan Patrick:  Tiger and MJ never took a stand  -- MJ famously said "Republicans buy tennis shoes as well"

10 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You mean all these new fans that have been created by the new ambassador for women’s basketball won’t tune in to watch a team represent their country?

Game times unfortunately conflict with the breakdancing competition

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, alincoln said:

Game times unfortunately conflict with the breakdancing competition

The breakdancing squad should grab CC, and we'll see who has the last laugh when the ratings numbers are released. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

Caitlin last night:

18 points, 12 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals, 6 turnovers.

She does have Manu-itis, tries to jam those passes into very small windows.

Our very own Ariel Atkins on the Mystics had 27 points in the losing effort.

Yeah I posted it in the other thread.   She's getting into her groove but has to do better with the TOs  She's had 29 in the last 5 gms.   She has been shooting better though with them looking to feature Boston more and letting CC get shots off of that vs her just being out top and hoisting whenever she gets the notion.  More importantly, they are getting wins

Edited by d2o
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, d2o said:

Yeah I posted it in the other thread.   She's getting into her groove but has to do better with the TOs  She's had 29 in the last 5 gms.   She has been shooting better though with them looking to feature Boston more and letting CC get shots off of that vs her just being out top and hoisting whenever she gets the notion.  More importantly, they are getting wins

She’s starting to be more physical on her drives. She just needs to realize she can’t thread some passes like she did in college and it’s all there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, d2o said:

Absolutely. Try to run it through Boston as much as possible, Aliyah is really coming on strong now.

Also helps to have a trio with cat-quick Kelsey Mitchell. Mitchell is really fun to watch and compliments the skills of the other two.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, definitely not derka said:

This is the wild thing to me. Why do the women look so uncoordinated. She's running straight up with a weird gait and can't seem to keep track of the ball without both hands and looking at it and then almost bombs the easiest layup of all time by throwing it up like a toddler instead of timing the jump extending her arms and rolling it off her fingers for an easy score. 

31 minutes ago, immamac said:

This is the wild thing to me. Why do the women look so uncoordinated. She's running straight up with a weird gait and can't seem to keep track of the ball without both hands and looking at it and then almost bombs the easiest layup of all time by throwing it up like a toddler instead of timing the jump extending her arms and rolling it off her fingers for an easy score. 

She shoots sub 40% on FGs and mostly all of her shots are around the rim. Let that sink in.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, immamac said:

My working theory is that the more athletic girls play other sports, such as volleyball, soccer and tennis,when they're younger so women's basketball (and softball) are left with the rest.  

2 hours ago, Deej said:

"But the women are so much better at fundamentals than the men..."

Ladies need a full tutorial on how to set a ball screen. 

*plenty of NBA players could join. 

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

My working theory is that the more athletic girls play other sports, such as volleyball, soccer and tennis,when they're younger so women's basketball (and softball) are left with the rest.  

There are not many tall players available. Size is king in the under the rim game. 

Taking the wife tonight to see Caitlin Clark. She has become a huge fan of hers the past year. So have I. USA Basketball and the loathsome Angel Reese are idiots for spurning this one in a lifetime talent. The only person comparable to her in impact on their respective sport is Tiger Woods. I hope USA Basketball reverses their horrible decision of leaving her off the Olympic team. Looking forward to going to our first WNBA game. Something, I’d never imagine saying before Caitlin Clark.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Taking the wife tonight to see Caitlin Clark. She has become a huge fan of hers the past year. So have I. USA Basketball and the loathsome Angel Reese are idiots for spurning this one in a lifetime talent. The only person comparable to her in impact on their respective sport is Tiger Woods. I hope USA Basketball reverses their horrible decision of leaving her off the Olympic team. Looking forward to going to our first WNBA game. Something, I’d never imagine saying before Caitlin Clark.

Smart, empowering women in front of your wife just to hope to get lucky!

• Haha 1

I did not have "Taking Wife to WNBA game" as panty-dropper on my 2024 Date-Night Bingo Card.  But fellas, we're all getting to an age, we gotta do what we gotta do.  

Have a good time.  I still just laugh at how idiotic the USOC is being about leaving so much money on the table leading up to the 2028 games.  There's stepping on your own dick.  And then there's just voluntarily setting tens of millions of dollars on fire that could help the sport because some late 30's has-beens have been putting in the effort on the boards for awhile.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

I forgot Angel Reese gets to pick the Olympic Team

Of course she doesn’t pick the Olympic team. What Angel Reese doesn’t seem to get is that Caitlin Clark is the best thing to happen to women’s basketball and that she is the tide that’s going to lift all boats. She shouldn’t bite the hand that’s going to feed her with the increased revenue the Clark is single-handedly bringing to the WNBA.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Of course she doesn’t pick the Olympic team. What Angel Reese doesn’t seem to get is that Caitlin Clark is the best thing to happen to women’s basketball and that she is the tide that’s going to lift all boats. She shouldn’t bite the hand that’s going to feed her with the increased revenue the Clark is single-handedly bringing to the WNBA.

Its performance theatre. If everyone uniformly praised CC, the league would be getting  10% of the attention they are now. I think they realized that 27 seasons of slow, uncoordinated women missing layups wasnt working, so they  are changing it up a  bit. You gotta have some villains if you want to have heroes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

Its performance theatre. If everyone uniformly praised CC, the league would be getting  10% of the attention they are now. I think they realized that 27 seasons of slow, uncoordinated women missing layups wasnt working, so they  are changing it up a  bit. You gotta have some villains if you want to have heroes. 

Yep.  Angela has played this all the way to the bank

We just came back from the game. Pleasure to watch Clarky in person. She was the best player on the court by a mile. Her court vision, passing, handle, shooting and BB IQ were on a completely different level. She was too unselfish tonight. CC set up the blondie, #10, for 2 easy uncontested layups in the first half which she missed. Several passes from her were fumbled by her inept teammates. Clark’s Iowa squad was better and she would have wiped the floor with that team against either the Fever or Dream because her Hawkeye teammates and coaches were smart enough to rely on the greatest player in women’s college basketball who led them to back to back NCAA finals appearances.

We were sitting next to a white middle aged woman who easily weighed over 3 bills and was overflowing into a third of my seat. I guess she was annoyed that we, and the majority of the crowd, were rooting against the home team. She had a few pathetic barbs thrown our way which and didn’t have the guts to say to our face. Shit like “there are 9 other players on the court” and mocking us a few times when Clark missed a shot. She got her fat ass out of the seat a couple times when CC had a TO. We ignored her but when the PA was announcing that the game was a sellout, I loudly stated how amazing it is that one person can single-handedly sell out a NBA arena. I think some haters like her are upset that Clark is making the WNBA and women’s basketball mainstream which is stupid.

What pissed me off was that in the 4th quarter CC’s teammates refused to pass her the ball. No kickouts for open 3s when her teammates were clumsily trying to post up — nothing. It didn’t phase her, she still made winning plays by setting her teammates up for open shots with her vision and passing. I hope she joins Ice Cube’s 3 on 3 league and tells the WNBA to fuck off. I’d rather watch her play with and against retired NBA players. She is too good for the WNBA and guys in the 3 on 3 league would respect her game more than the ungrateful assholes in women’s basketball.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Wow this injury a few weeks ago for CC was a ruptured ear drum...

Nearly three weeks after Indiana Fever rookie Caitlin Clark left the Barclays Center court in Brooklyn with an injury, she confirmed what happened.

Clark was playing in the fourth quarter of what became a blowout loss to the New York Liberty on June 2 when she suffered the injury, walking off the court with trainer Todd Champlin. She eventually returned to the bench but did not get back into the game.

CC confirmed it today:  On Friday, though, Clark confirmed she ruptured her eardrum while talking about her "Welcome to the W" moment.

“I've been popped on a couple screens, actually ruptured my eardrum in New York on a flex screen," Clark said pregame, laughing. "… They’re great screens, I just didn’t hear them, so it’s kind of my own fault.”

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

We just came back from the game. Pleasure to watch Clarky in person. She was the best player on the court by a mile. Her court vision, passing, handle, shooting and BB IQ were on a completely different level. She was too unselfish tonight. CC set up the blondie, #10, for 2 easy uncontested layups in the first half which she missed. Several passes from her were fumbled by her inept teammates. Clark’s Iowa squad was better and she would have wiped the floor with that team against either the Fever or Dream because her Hawkeye teammates and coaches were smart enough to rely on the greatest player in women’s college basketball who led them to back to back NCAA finals appearances.

We were sitting next to a white middle aged woman who easily weighed over 3 bills and was overflowing into a third of my seat. I guess she was annoyed that we, and the majority of the crowd, were rooting against the home team. She had a few pathetic barbs thrown our way which we didn’t have the guts to say in our face. Shit like “there are 9 other players on the court” and mocking us a few times when Clark missed a shot. She got her fat ass out of the seat a couple times when CC had a TO. We ignored her but when the PA was announcing that the game was a sellout, I loudly stated how amazing it is that one person can single-handedly sell out a NBA arena. I think some haters like her are upset that Clark is making the WNBA and women’s basketball mainstream which is stupid.

What pissed me off was that in the 4th quarter CC’s teammates refused to pass her the ball. No kickouts for open 3s when her teammates were clumsily trying to post up — nothing. It didn’t phase her, she still made winning plays by setting her teammates up for open shots with her vision and passing. I hope she joins Ice Cube’s 3 on 3 league and tells the WNBA to fuck off. I’d rather watch her play with and against retired NBA players. She is too good for the WNBA and guys in the 3 on 3 league would respect her game more than the ungrateful assholes in women’s basketball.

Just saw the Box Score... I can't image watching a game where one team shot 34% from the field.

Was it obvious how bad ATL was playing live?  Was Indy's defense great, or was it poor shooting?