Caitlin Clark …. Seriously

MirrOlure

this shit right here is particularly insane, and is an outstanding example of how/why drawing more attention to the wnba and its players has only made people dislike the league even more than they already did:

IMG_8162.thumb.jpeg.88d91f1bb99871c43578146f10c2370f.jpeg

what an absolutely insane response to caitlin clark simply saying that she doesn’t pay attention to the political talk and that she just focuses on basketball. who in the hell is dijon carrington? and why is she not kissing caitlin clark’s feet and thanking her for drawing more eyes to this league and its many many social justice causes? fuck these spiteful, hateful, ungrateful, slow and uncoordinated women. i hope the league folds by christmas.

Edited by definitely not derka
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, definitely not derka said:

so much more context here, including receipts. the treatment of caitlin clark is is not only *not* typical of how “any rookie would be treated”, she is actually seen as an enemy and a threat the majority of the league that she just joined. they are absolutely out to get her. the entitlement and delusion is just off the charts, and this entire saga has taken me from being indifferent to the wnba’s existence to actively rooting for the entire thing to crash and burn, specifically/hopefully as the result of CC saying “fuck all of this” and leaving. 

Pathetic league and women

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, definitely not derka said:

so much more context here, including receipts. the treatment of caitlin clark is is not only *not* typical of how “any rookie would be treated”, she is actually seen as an enemy and a threat the majority of the league that she just joined. they are absolutely out to get her. the entitlement and delusion is just off the charts, and this entire saga has taken me from being indifferent to the wnba’s existence to actively rooting for the entire thing to crash and burn, specifically/hopefully as the result of CC saying “fuck all of this” and leaving. 

This video is good.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

i just now found out that this league has 12 total teams.

IMG_8245.thumb.jpeg.989f52bc1d9d53355333258030509700.jpeg

144 total players. they’ve got the best 144 professional female basketball players in the world and the product is still this bad. and beyond that, the league still has super teams just like the nba, with a disproportionately high concentration of the best players all being on 2-3 teams, meaning that the 10th best team in the entire league (so, the bucks or the cavs in the nba) is actually on par with the pistons or the blazers. the balls on these women to be so brash, demanding, and entitled with such a make-a-wish league. just wow.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/26/2024 at 9:26 PM, Derka said:

From "The Truth Behind The Caitlin Clark Conspiracy" video:

In order for the wnba to accept you, they need you to be... Black, LGBTQ, or a Social Activist...  preferably all three.

Screenshot_20240629-014027_kindlephoto-8426212.png.a9532da399cd9305422a9eaa0d96c092.png

And you have to bend the knee...

Wow, what a bunch of Political Horseshit...  Neither MJ nor Tiger became Social Activists   😕

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

WNBA is sad. Just shut it down and let these girls go make real money overseas. 

Many of here have way more knowledge than me on this topic, but what are some of the big shoe/merch/training deals some of the prominent WNBA players have?  There's got to be some money in that because the girls in my oldest's league go through sneakers and sweatbands and shorts and water bottles each season faster than the boys do.  And they talk about women players, mostly college---but I started hearing chatter at the of the season about the WNBA for the first time.  I would think if Clark and other big names played overseas, they'd get way more salary and adulation, the WNBA would fold; but I bet it would limit their marketability back here in the U.S.  Girls 8-18 in our area would follow the UT Women's hoops team, and the Olympics, but I don't see any of them buying some shoe or random non-hoops product endorsed by the 2nd best women's player in the Italian League-even if she is an American.  

It makes me petty, but when organizations just implode themselves instead of course-correcting...it's always fascinating to me as a business academic.  I know there's socio-political factors here, and marketing/media implications, and the Olympic team bullshit, and ribbing the rookie.  But there's a 50/50 chance this whole thing ends up like a Blockbuster Video or Kodak or Sears.  Nobody can predict the future, but when the future knocks on your door and offers to exponentially increase your revenue/exposure...you at least listen to it.  You don't hip check it into the fucking ground.  

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Many of here have way more knowledge than me on this topic, but what are some of the big shoe/merch/training deals some of the prominent WNBA players have?  There's got to be some money in that because the girls in my oldest's league go through sneakers and sweatbands and shorts and water bottles each season faster than the boys do.  And they talk about women players, mostly college---but I started hearing chatter at the of the season about the WNBA for the first time.  I would think if Clark and other big names played overseas, they'd get way more salary and adulation, the WNBA would fold; but I bet it would limit their marketability back here in the U.S.  Girls 8-18 in our area would follow the UT Women's hoops team, and the Olympics, but I don't see any of them buying some shoe or random non-hoops product endorsed by the 2nd best women's player in the Italian League-even if she is an American.  

It makes me petty, but when organizations just implode themselves instead of course-correcting...it's always fascinating to me as a business academic.  I know there's socio-political factors here, and marketing/media implications, and the Olympic team bullshit, and ribbing the rookie.  But there's a 50/50 chance this whole thing ends up like a Blockbuster Video or Kodak or Sears.  Nobody can predict the future, but when the future knocks on your door and offers to exponentially increase your revenue/exposure...you at least listen to it.  You don't hip check it into the fucking ground.  

Poignant when you considered they doubled their losses from 25 to 50 million this season by instituting charter flights for teams alone. 

The privilege of the other players past and present is off the charts. They have done nothing to earn the attention or 6 figure salaries for 40 games in terms of providing entertainment value to the public (pro sports are not charities). A rookie is now doing it and enriching the rest of them in the process and their response is that the same attention/following/money/fame was already owed. 

The WNBA has been put on third base for most of it’s history. The XFL would kill for the coverage ESPN/sportscenter has given the WNBA for years for basically no reason (interest or ratings wise) or the ability to lose a quarter billion over 25 years and still be in business 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 2