Caitlin Clark …. Seriously

MirrOlure

Clark is so ridiculously good and fun to watch. She plays a relentless, pressing, athletic game with unreal floor presence and the ability to make shots from anywhere.  Swoopes and the others are upset that she has done what they didn’t— make the WNBA into a nationally relevant phenom and not a niche interest.  Swoopes was great at the game but Clark is reinventing it. 

On a human level that feeling is understandable but it’s best not to show it so publicly. 

12 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Clark is so ridiculously good and fun to watch. She plays a relentless, pressing, athletic game with unreal floor presence and the ability to make shots from anywhere.  Swoopes and the others are upset that she has done what they didn’t— make the WNBA into a nationally relevant phenom and not a niche interest.  Swoopes was great at the game but Clark is reinventing it. 

On a human level that feeling is understandable but it’s best not to show it so publicly. 

She also has a very weird sex appeal that I can't describe.

Or maybe I just have weird taste. Idk. I like the way she's put together and she comes across very attractively on camera. Despite not being traditionally pretty. 

• Haha 1

her passing is what i love, and it doesn’t get nearly enough shine from the media and sports outlets. she’s such a great passer, if he teammates weren’t so poor her assist numbers would be even higher. she’s a true floor general who also happens to be one of the best shooters in the game. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

She also has a very weird sex appeal that I can't describe.

Or maybe I just have weird taste. Idk. I like the way she's put together and she comes across very attractively on camera. Despite not being traditionally pretty. 

She's no Secretariat, but she does have a long face..

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Derka said:

her passing is what i love, and it doesn’t get nearly enough shine from the media and sports outlets. she’s such a great passer, if he teammates weren’t so poor her assist numbers would be even higher. she’s a true floor general who also happens to be one of the best shooters in the game. 

She's the closest analog to Bird that we've seen male or female and I'll stand by that. 

25 minutes ago, ztejas said:

She's the closest analog to Bird that we've seen male or female and I'll stand by that. 

Really more Steve Nash.   Driving force of the offense, forces her teammates to run and they get great shots because of it and she can really shoot as well.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, d2o said:

Really more Steve Nash.   Driving force of the offense, forces her teammates to run and they get great shots because of it and she can really shoot as well.

Hard disagree. She's a much more dynamic scorer than Nash ever was. And she isn't undersized. 

49 minutes ago, ztejas said:

She doesn't have the shit-talking, back it up, pure fucking hard ass that was Bird. 

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Hard disagree. She's a much more dynamic scorer than Nash ever was. And she isn't undersized. 

She is more aggressive of a scorer in a sense that she will shoot a little more than he did but she isnt a better shooter than Nash at this point.  Nash is one of the more efficient shooters ever.   Has the most 50/40/90 seasons in history.   She will get better as far as efficiency but I think she will work best as the secondary scorer.  Obviously she'd be the focal point of the team as she will have the ball all the time like we have seen this yr.   Magic/Kidd/Nash are more the comps than Bird IMO

11 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

She definitely trash talks like Bird. But parry was an SF and a great rebounder.   She reminds me most of Steph but I can see the Nash comparison.  Nash was great

She passes infinitely better than Steph.    Steph is considered a PG just because he is the shortest guy on the team but he's really a SG.   Never the full time playmaker

4 hours ago, d2o said:

She is more aggressive of a scorer in a sense that she will shoot a little more than he did but she isnt a better shooter than Nash at this point.  Nash is one of the more efficient shooters ever.   Has the most 50/40/90 seasons in history.   She will get better as far as efficiency but I think she will work best as the secondary scorer.  Obviously she'd be the focal point of the team as she will have the ball all the time like we have seen this yr.   Magic/Kidd/Nash are more the comps than Bird IMO

No. She's Bird. Sorry you can't see it.

7 hours ago, closetohumping said:

She definitely trash talks like Bird. But parry was an SF and a great rebounder.   She reminds me most of Steph but I can see the Nash comparison.  Nash was great

She may talk some trash. She does not talk trash like Bird. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

I hate to see anyone have an injury.  This quote made me LOL.

"Through it all, I have showed that I belong in this league even when no one else believed," Reese wrote in her post. "

She was drafted number 7! Some people desperately need to believe in a hostile universe. 

• Hook 'Em 1

caitlin clark is a world class basketball player with world class skill. angel reese is an adult version of the tallest girl in the 7th grade who automatically starts at center on the basketball team even though she can’t dribble, pass, or shoot.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 9/14/2024 at 12:26 PM, closetohumping said:

Funny thing is through all of this, Caitlin hasn’t said a snide, sarcastic or unkind remark to her numerous haters.  That’s quite a bit of restraint 

I don’t know that Michael Jordan ever publicly said anything about Isaiah Thomas freezing him out in the all star game. I don’t know that he ever admitted to telling Chuck Daly that he could have Jordan or Thomas on the Dream Team, but not both (and Thomas was a key player on the NBA championship squad of Daly’s). 

Edited by statsman

1 hour ago, statsman said:

I don’t know that Michael Jordan ever publicly said anything about Isaiah Thomas freezing him out in the all star game. I don’t know that he ever admitted to telling Chuck Daly that he could have Jordan or Thomas on the Dream Team, but not both (and Thomas was a key player on the NBA championship squad of Daly’s). 

Idk if Isiah or Chuck said anything about mj publically?  Did Angie freeze cc out of the all star game?  I may be missing something. Twitter wasn’t around back then. 

im just saying that while her haters seem to be relentless Clark either doesn’t care or shows quite a bit of restraint 

*Edit, there's no proof Caitlin didnt' keep Angie off the Olympic team is there?

Edited by closetohumping

She played the MVP twice last week and was easily the best player on the floor.  Responsible for 45% of all team points (2nd all time).  Wilson is tall, physical and efficient, basically a maxed out version of the current WNBA basketball style.  She deserves the MVP, but Clark is the better player already.

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 2