Caitlin Clark …. Seriously

MirrOlure

3 hours ago, statsman said:

That is an amazing quote by Taurasi. I mean, in the NBA, touted rookies come in all the time, take a while to get their legs and catch up to the speed, and then ignite. I can’t imagine LeBron (who was a highly touted rookie like I just described) saying about any NBA rookie something like Taurasi did. Is the WNBA really that different?

VotzbLA.gif

1 hour ago, Derka said:

swoopes is trying to set new records for hating.

What a bunch of horseshit. Those girls play hard and play for each other. Never seen anything on the court that would suggest a divided locker room or people unhappy with their roles. 

Obviously they should put CC on the graphic but Kelsey Mitchell is a fucking baller.

I think maybe they got cute and wanted to highlight someone on the Fever that hasn't gotten as much attention. 

I get it. Great marketing move? No. But I understand what they were trying to do. 

• Hook 'Em 1

At the time (1989) I seem to recall a bunch of teeth-gnashing when Swoopes arrived at Texas and then transferred soon thereafter - without playing a game.  Fans were worried that Condradt was faltering, etc.

After listening to Swoopes talk about basketball - and Clark - I am just thankful she's: Sheryl Swoopes, WNBA legend and for Texas TECH All-American.  While it would have been nice to have another AA or national championship around that time, I a grateful that her bitter, moronic, and meandering commentary is not affiliated with Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, boilerhorn said:

At the time (1989) I seem to recall a bunch of teeth-gnashing when Swoopes arrived at Texas and then transferred soon thereafter - without playing a game.  Fans were worried that Condradt was faltering, etc.

After listening to Swoopes talk about basketball - and Clark - I am just thankful she's: Sheryl Swoopes, WNBA legend and for Texas TECH All-American.  While it would have been nice to have another AA or national championship around that time, I a grateful that her bitter, moronic, and meandering commentary is not affiliated with Texas.

Wasn't the purported reason she transferred out that we had too many lesbians on the team and she was just a god fearing small town west Texas girl?  I could swear I remember that.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Wasn't the purported reason she transferred out that we had too many lesbians on the team and she was just a god fearing small town west Texas girl?  I could swear I remember that.

That was the exact reason from my recollection, too.  Decided to dodge that in my post :)

14 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Does the WNBA always start their postseason in the daytime of an NFL football Sunday? Seems like they like to purposely shoot themselves in the dick.

Their scheduling has been just plain stupid for quite some time.    Their commish has no real clue what she is doing.

7 hours ago, Not a cat said:

Who ended up being a lesbian.   Funny how the ones who have the biggest problem with gays are usually fighting their own sexuality

4 hours ago, pops said:

Not when your first shot is of a 7 year old little girl who is probably at her first game, and she gets put on blast on the jumbotron. Fuck that noise. 

You're never too young to be a bandwagon fan. Just ask 7 year old Helobious.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Idk. Fever got their asses kicked. CC was not good in her playoff debut. 

We'll see if she rebounds G2. 

She's a rookie in her first playoff game.  It shouldnt be that unexpected.   She will adjust I'm sure and be better but with the way the W playoffs are set up she may only have one more game left this yr.

• Hook 'Em 1

It's going to be funny when the Fever get bounced out of the playoffs Wednesday and then the WNBA viewerships drops 50%+ for the rest of the playoffs.  The haters will be out in force.

Wonder if the Fever can bring in some more help for CC in the off season?  She's transcendent but even Steph can't carry the Warriors alone.  She's also over reliant on the 3-ball and needs to be more of a driving threat to really get to GOAT mode.

• Hook 'Em 1