Caitlin Clark …. Seriously

MirrOlure

6 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Just saw the Box Score... I can't image watching a game where one team shot 34% from the field.

Was it obvious how bad ATL was playing live?  Was Indy's defense great, or was it poor shooting?

Indy’s defense was good you have to give them credit. No one on ATL could consistently make a jumper. Indy were much more active all around on the glass and on defense. When the ball leaves CC’s hand on a 3 it looks perfect - great form and backspin. When the Dream were trying to launch 3s it looked completely different with a more of a hope than expectation that those shots would go down.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Why is this ESPN lady bitchin' about the new WNBA fans??        Such bullshit... 

Great that this guy is saying it should not be about color, and telling them to "just stfu" 😋

Just trying to be relevant.  

Contrarians get clicks.

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2024 at 8:09 AM, immamac said:

This is the wild thing to me. Why do the women look so uncoordinated. She's running straight up with a weird gait and can't seem to keep track of the ball without both hands and looking at it and then almost bombs the easiest layup of all time by throwing it up like a toddler instead of timing the jump extending her arms and rolling it off her fingers for an easy score. 

Pelvis is wider for childbirth and changes the hip knee ankle angle compared to males. Makes gait less efficient. Higher estrogen makes ligaments and tendons more elastic, decreases muscle mass, and increases adipose tissue. 

Plus boobs

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Pelvis is wider for childbirth and changes the hip knee ankle angle compared to males. Makes gait less efficient. Higher estrogen makes ligaments and tendons more elastic, decreases muscle mass, and increases adipose tissue. 

Plus boobs

Well look who stayed at a Holiday Inn Express recently. 

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Plus boobs

Just watched this absolute smoke show qualify for the Olympics, but yeah she doesn't look like a moron who can't run 

21 minutes ago, immamac said:

Just watched this absolute smoke show qualify for the Olympics, but yeah she doesn't look like a moron who can't run 

She’s not trying to dribble pass or shoot, but still your video makes my point if you know what you are looking for. She would likely not be top 10 in boys HS in her events. It’s biology

• Hook 'Em 3

19 hours ago, Macklemore said:

What pissed me off was that in the 4th quarter CC’s teammates refused to pass her the ball.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity (either her teammates' or the viewers').

I've watched basically every Caitlin Clark minute that's been played and I think her teammates not being completely aware of how to play with Clark explains things more accurately than the idea that there is a conspiracy among them to deprive Clark of opportunities. Also, Clark isn't some kind of automatic point/assist machine who has a track record of proven ability to produce on the WNBA floor. She is the most exciting person on every court she steps on, of course, and I'm jealous you got to watch the show live, but her overall play this year isn't some kind of revolution among WNBA rookies; she's basically playing as well as Sabrina Ionescu did her first full year for a pretty bad NY Liberty.

They're coming together. They're figuring it out. We all know that, in sports, one of your first steps in growing is beating the teams you should beat and the Fever are doing that reliably at this point. Clark will almost certainly be a legitimate top 10 player in a few years and will be draining highlight threes and making highlight passes for 15 years. A no-brainer #1 overall who has already shown that she's going to validate the hype. I love her.

On 6/21/2024 at 5:28 PM, immamac said:

The truth is I'm fucking done with the wnba and they had no shot at me as a fan. The product is shit. 

The product is great, if by "the product" you mean the quality of basketball as played by women, who are naturally human beings far less athletically gifted than men. The reality is in bold, and that's OK, but it is also what a lot of genuine, actual fans of women's basketball roll their eyes at.

So for someone who knows they hate women's basketball and knows they are not even open to the idea of becoming a fan of women's basketball... why have you (not just you individually but the collective "you" of men's sports fans who are easily click-baited into the laziest, dumbest drama imaginable) been paying so much attention?

The games are selling out. People are excited. People are going to games and watching games and realizing it's actually way better than the short clips of players missing layups and looking stupid. The product is great and it's cheap ($35 for the entire season for the WNBA league pass). NBA players go to games because it's fun and it's good women's basketball and they (NBA players) like basketball.

There's a lot of great basketball happening in the WNBA. I don't say that in a defensive way or in an attempt to convince anyone, it's just how it is.

It's OK to not be interested. Maybe try things instead that are interesting to you/"you" and aren't just vectors for sociopolitical rage.

unnamed.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity (either her teammates' or the viewers').

I've watched basically every Caitlin Clark minute that's been played and I think her teammates not being completely aware of how to play with Clark explains things more accurately than the idea that there is a conspiracy among them to deprive Clark of opportunities. Also, Clark isn't some kind of automatic point/assist machine who has a track record of proven ability to produce on the WNBA floor. She is the most exciting person on every court she steps on, of course, and I'm jealous you got to watch the show live, but her overall play this year isn't some kind of revolution among WNBA rookies; she's basically playing as well as Sabrina Ionescu did her first full year for a pretty bad NY Liberty.

They're coming together. They're figuring it out. We all know that, in sports, one of your first steps in growing is beating the teams you should beat and the Fever are doing that reliably at this point. Clark will almost certainly be a legitimate top 10 player in a few years and will be draining highlight threes and making highlight passes for 15 years. A no-brainer #1 overall who has already shown that she's going to validate the hype. I love her.

The product is great, if by "the product" you mean the quality of basketball as played by women, who are naturally human beings far less athletically gifted than men. The reality is in bold, and that's OK, but it is also what a lot of genuine, actual fans of women's basketball roll their eyes at.

So for someone who knows they hate women's basketball and knows they are not even open to the idea of becoming a fan of women's basketball... why have you (not just you individually but the collective "you" of men's sports fans who are easily click-baited into the laziest, dumbest drama imaginable) been paying so much attention?

The games are selling out. People are excited. People are going to games and watching games and realizing it's actually way better than the short clips of players missing layups and looking stupid. The product is great and it's cheap ($35 for the entire season for the WNBA league pass). NBA players go to games because it's fun and it's good women's basketball and they (NBA players) like basketball.

There's a lot of great basketball happening in the WNBA. I don't say that in a defensive way or in an attempt to convince anyone, it's just how it is.

It's OK to not be interested. Maybe try things instead that are interesting to you/"you" and aren't just vectors for sociopolitical rage.

unnamed.png

Great post.

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

People are going to games and watching games and realizing it's actually way better than the short clips of players missing layups and looking stupid.

it’s really not though. if they let HS JV boys teams compete in the wnba then all of the best teams and players would be 16 year old boys. the current wnba champions would be absolutely helpless to stop a team of talented 16 year old boys. beyond that the boys would be wildly more entertaining and popular than anything that any female player or team put out there. the product’s lack of sustainability speaks for itself. the level of basketball and athleticism on display is not good enough to even warrant this league’s existence.

8 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

it’s really not though. if they let HS JV boys teams compete in the wnba then all of the best teams and players would be 16 year old boys. the current wnba champions would be absolutely helpless to stop a team of talented 16 year old boys. beyond that the boys would be wildly more entertaining and popular than anything that any female player or team put out there. the product’s lack of sustainability speaks for itself. the level of basketball and athleticism on display is not good enough to even warrant this league’s existence.

The physical superiority of other men to these women doesn't overcome, in any sense, your own physical, mental, and emotional deficiencies. Don't try to live vicariously through JV Boys basketball teams; that's just sad.

It's OK to not like women's basketball. Go do things that bring you joy.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

Men are bigger, faster, stronger, more coordinated.

Would you advocate then to disband all women's sports?

43 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

unnamed.png

This is the Caitlin Clark thread not the wnba thread. Go be a simp over there. 

• Haha 2

What I'm also saying is Caitlin Clark doesn't look like "a girl playing basketball" she looks like a person who happens to be a woman playing basketball. If you can't figure out the difference between those 2 things then idk what to tell you. 

46 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The physical superiority of other men to these women doesn't overcome, in any sense, your own physical, mental, and emotional deficiencies. Don't try to live vicariously through JV Boys basketball teams; that's just sad.

It's OK to not like women's basketball. Go do things that bring you joy.

lol and i’m supposed to be hypersensitive. you claimed that the wnba product is awesome; it’s not. pointing out that JV boys basketball teams are more talented and more entertaining wouldn’t trigger you like this if it weren’t true. the product that the wnba puts out sucks, and that’s why the sports watching public has ignored it since its inception.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

Men are bigger, faster, stronger, more coordinated.

Would you advocate then to disband all women's sports?

lol of course not. i love watching plenty of women’s sports- volleyball, track and field, soccer, tennis, to name a few. and the athletes who compete in those sports draw eyeballs like mine and millions of others because they are good enough and entertaining enough to draw huge audiences when they compete. the wnba and its players cannot say the same. when you add insane levels of entitlement and shitty personalities to their lack of skill and entertainment, you don’t have to hate women or be a misogynist to megaloathe this league and its players.

Edited by definitely not derka
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

What I'm also saying is Caitlin Clark doesn't look like "a girl playing basketball" she looks like a person who happens to be a woman playing basketball. If you can't figure out the difference between those 2 things then idk what to tell you. 

She would struggle to get shots off in the pickup games at the mockingbird station lifetime. 

She could probably distribute though unless they put a defender tight on her 

56 minutes ago, immamac said:

What I'm also saying is Caitlin Clark doesn't look like "a girl playing basketball" she looks like a person who happens to be a woman playing basketball.

I'm the simp?

Clark is a great women's basketball player. Put her in any age-equivalent men's league and she gets dumpstered. She's 22, which is the same age as Anthony Edwards. She probably wouldn't survive in men's intramurals at Texas.

You're not a women's basketball fan, right? You don't watch the WNBA and haven't paid attention to it, right? That's all fine, but the basic reality is that you don't really have comparisons to Clark because you literally do not watch the sport (which, again, IS TOTALLY FINE). You watch highlights, which is fine, but go search highlights for Kayla McBride or Sabrina Ionescu or Chelsea Gray or Arike Ogunbowale or Jewell Lloyd to get context for what WNBA guards look like. Will Clark turn out to be better than all of them? I think so (I'm a huge Clark fan), but she isn't on some completely unfathomable level. She's great, but she's not some kind of alien.

Lloyd is one of my favorites (not even among the very best, I just like her):

It's a different game. Like amateur vs pro.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

She would struggle to get shots off in the pickup games at the mockingbird station lifetime. 

She could probably distribute though unless they put a defender tight on her 

dropping dimes is the one thing she could defintely do against men in a setting like lifetime. her vision and ability to make the pass are off the charts. it actually kinda irks me how relatively little attention her passing gets compared to her shooting. she’s a better passer than she is a shooter.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, definitely not derka said:

lol and i’m supposed to be hypersensitive. you claimed that the wnba product is awesome; it’s not. pointing out that JV boys basketball teams are more talented and more entertaining wouldn’t trigger you like this if it weren’t true. the product that the wnba puts out sucks, and that’s why the sports watching public has ignored it since its inception.

So if you don't like the wnba, why are you posting here so much??

Seems like it wouldn't be worth your time or energy...

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

So if you don't like the wnba, why are you posting here so much??

Seems like it wouldn't be worth your time or energy...

for the same reason that people who don’t like bad cops, donald trump, or david pierce post in the threads dedicated to those subjects. it’s a topic of discussion on this forum and i have opinions and takes on the subject matter. pretty simple stuff.

more specifically, i’m here because angel reese is such a loudmouth asshole/whiny victim that she has drawn the attention of me and countless other sports fans to her sport, and here in the doldrums of summer it turns out that we all have plenty of time to observe, laugh at, and discuss the insane entitlement and hypocrisy on display by these whiny, pampered athletes.

if angel reese and her league-mates weren’t running their mouths and going out of their way to fuck with caitlin clark then d2o and pancho could post back in forth in peace about that sweet chest pass or how that one girl almost made that layup. but angel and her homies chose violence, so here we are. they asked for the attention. here it is. don’t like it? your problem.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Because people need to know that he doesn't like the WNBA. And that Angel Reese, a rookie, is representative of it all.

it’s really hard on you when people have differing opinions. maybe don’t sweat it so much?

and yes, angel reese is absolutely representative of the worst aspects of the wnba: she’s entitled, she’s delusional, she loves to run her mouth and talk shit, and then as soon as she gets any of that back in her direction she cries and plays the victim. yes, angel reese is the poster child for why people who used to be indifferent about the wnba now have a very negative opinion of it.

Angel Reese represents Angel Reese. If you think the WNBA players are loving the Reese Show and holding her up as a champion, you're just ignorant.

Watch assist-monster and WNBA vet Alyssa Thomas just continually beat the shit out of Reese so much that she gets ejected.

In terms of how Reese and Clark are treated on the court, actually watching games, and ignoring the people who make their living on TV and on the Internet by creating rage media and getting reactions from the soft/simple-minded, an objective observer would see Reese getting beaten up far, far more. Of course, she plays inside so it's only natural, but it's a stupid and unfounded opinion to think the players in the league see Reese as some kind of champion or mouthpiece.

Reese is a fairly dumb human who speaks exclusively for herself. Being stupid is a common thing for athletics. Trevor Bauer. Ja Morant. Jameis Winston. Kyrie Irving. The list goes on and on and on and on and on.

Angel Reese features prominently in your mind because you're easily exploited by sports media personalities. That's all it is, and you parrot the opinions given to you by those sports media personalities because you're soft/simple-minded and easy to exploit.

How many former/current players have talked shit about Clark? 5 or 6? Out of hundreds. immamac is at least honest enough to say there was never a circumstance in which he would be a fan or genuinely enjoy the league. At least have that level of honesty and stop pretending like you were right on the cusp of respecting the game but were turned off because a small of handful of women got mouthy.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 hours ago, definitely not derka said:

more specifically, i’m here because angel reese is such a loudmouth asshole/whiny victim that she has drawn the attention of me and countless other sports fans to her sport, and here in the doldrums of summer it turns out that we all have plenty of time to observe, laugh at, and discuss the insane entitlement and hypocrisy on display by these whiny, pampered athletes.

if angel reese and her league-mates weren’t running their mouths and going out of their way to fuck with caitlin clark then d2o and pancho could post back in forth in peace about that sweet chest pass or how that one girl almost made that layup. but angel and her homies chose violence, so here we are. they asked for the attention. here it is. don’t like it? your problem.

Why do you do this to yourself? You keep inserting my name into shit and i haven’t posted about Clark or Reese in this thread in weeks. 

Why the fuck are you trying to instigate shit with other people? Just post your own opinion. That’s all you have to do. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Who else is looking forward to this spicy rematch

I will definitely be watching (ESPN, 3 central). Two lower-mid-level teams who match up well against each other (Sky bad offense vs Fever bad defense, Fever good offense vs Sky good defense).

Even without those specific match-up issues, it's just good for the talent to be growing in quality and the league is still so small that all that talent is extremely compressed being 12-man rosters on 12 teams.

There are 450 NBA players active and 144 WNBA players active. Imagine cutting 300 guys from the NBA and reducing to 12 teams. Those teams would be fucking STACKED. A guy like Jaden McDaniels would be the #10 guy on the worst team in the league and a guy like Tobias Harris would be fighting for his life just to make a roster. That would be fucking amazing basketball to watch.

The Clark/Reese shit specifically doesn't really interest me that much beyond me not liking Reese's personality and perpetual stink-face, and even that annoyance is slowly wearing off into indifference. Clark's trajectory is way higher than tying it to someone like Reese who will never be better than the 3rd best option on her team. Would be better if she and Paige Bueckers got into some shit and that became the Magic/Bird thing going forward. (Wouldn't really work, though, without the racial hostility heat.)

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I will definitely be watching (ESPN, 3 central). Two lower-mid-level teams who match up well against each other (Sky bad offense vs Fever bad defense, Fever good offense vs Sky good defense).

Even without those specific match-up issues, it's just good for the talent to be growing in quality and the league is still so small that all that talent is extremely compressed being 12-man rosters on 12 teams.

There are 450 NBA players active and 144 WNBA players active. Imagine cutting 300 guys from the NBA and reducing to 12 teams. Those teams would be fucking STACKED. A guy like Jaden McDaniels would be the #10 guy on the worst team in the league and a guy like Tobias Harris would be fighting for his life just to make a roster. That would be fucking amazing basketball to watch.

The Clark/Reese shit specifically doesn't really interest me that much beyond me not liking Reese's personality and perpetual stink-face, and even that annoyance is slowly wearing off into indifference. Clark's trajectory is way higher than tying it to someone like Reese who will never be better than the 3rd best option on her team. Would be better if she and Paige Bueckers got into some shit and that became the Magic/Bird thing going forward. (Wouldn't really work, though, without the racial hostility heat.)

Yea Bueckers seems like the type to take the high road.  No beef with Clark is possible

6 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Clark is so much better than every other person on the court it's silly. 

Indiana's coach needs to be fired yesterday for not having everything run through Clark during crunch time.

And for not pulling Smith.  She's slow to react, can't score easy layups, and is just getting worked by Reece.