Caitlin Clark …. Seriously

MirrOlure

On 6/19/2024 at 7:32 AM, LTtxfan said:

CC should stay away from that kinda shit...     Dan Patrick:  Tiger and MJ never took a stand  -- MJ famously said "Republicans buy tennis shoes as well"

CC just needs to stay away from all of the social justice and political stuff...  

Edited by LTtxfan
typo
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, The Dog said:

That response is nuts but the sentiment has merit. Clark should at least do something to distance herself from it - at least say "don't use me for that shit" because many will view her lack of a response as a de facto endorsement whether it's true or not. At least say something to distance yourself from it to protect your brand - you want broad appeal and dodging the question didn't help. The video was otherwise on point albeit a bit one-sided.

I've watched exactly two WNBA games including yesterday (both because of Clark) and it's jarring how much better Clark is than everyone else on the floor. She carried the team yesterday even when she wasn't hitting her shots by driving to the bucket and consistently finding the wide open shooters. That's what won the game for the Fever. She's literally taking the worst team in the league to the playoffs on her own. If she had ANY talent around her then the Fever would be favorites to win this thing.

She did say don’t use me for that shit though 

29 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

She did say don’t use me for that shit though 

After the response from Carrington.   Her first statement was a lot more neutral.   It sucks that someone has to come out and specifically state that they do not condone negative shit but thats not just her.   Everyone faces that nowadays in the world. 

13 hours ago, Derka said:

lol “growing pains”. don’t you think that several decades of flushing money down the drain on a product that there is no demand for is a little more than “growing pains”? 

I have 2 daughters. I’m glad they had female professional athletes they could look up to when they were little. Just like I’m glad they had female doctors, lawyers, business execs, and entertainers. Little girls who play sports are more likely to finish school and go on to college, less likely to become pregnant as teenagers; and in general have higher self esteem. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I have 2 daughters. I’m glad they had female professional athletes they could look up to when they were little. Just like I’m glad they had female doctors, lawyers, business execs, and entertainers. Little girls who play sports are more likely to finish school and go on to college, less likely to become pregnant as teenagers; and in general have higher self esteem. 

what does that have to do with anything in this thread? at all? you people are such martyrs, it’s such a beating. “we want to be treated the same as men!” they cry. then when sports fans on the internet are critical of female athletes we gets this totally tangential, socially aware, “save our daughters!” bullshit, as if a)your daughters wouldn’t have a future if the wnba had to actually turn a profit, and b) as if something like this would ever be posted in response to someone criticizing a male athlete. do you want equality or special testament? you can’t make up your minds.

as for your wildly tangential point, i’ve already addressed it in this thread:  

On 6/22/2024 at 6:55 PM, Derka said:

lol of course not. i love watching plenty of women’s sports- volleyball, track and field, soccer, tennis, to name a few. and the athletes who compete in those sports draw eyeballs like mine and millions of others because they are good enough and entertaining enough to draw huge audiences when they compete. the wnba and its players cannot say the same. when you add insane levels of entitlement and shitty personalities to their lack of skill and entertainment, you don’t have to hate women or be a misogynist to megaloathe this league and its players.

your daughters can still look up to serena williams and alex morgan and sha’carri richardson and a million other female athletes who have earned their way in life on their own merits and not on charity. in fact i implore your to have your daughters be j spores by them, and not by these nasty, toxic spoiled, ungrateful, untalented women from the wnba.

Edited by Derka

1 minute ago, Derka said:

what does that have to do with anything in this thread? at all? you people are such martyrs, it’s such a beating. “we want to be treated the same as men!” they cry. then when sports fans on the internet are critical of them we gets this totally tangential bullshit like that would never ever ever be posted if someone was criticizing a male athlete. so stupid.

as for your tangential post, i can also reply to it with a post i’ve already made in this thread:

your daughters can still look up to serena williams and alex morgan and sha’carri richardson and a million other female athletes who have earned their way in life on their own merits and not on charity. in fact i implore your to have your daughters be j spores by them, and not by these nasty, toxic spoiled, ungrateful, untalented women from the wnba.

You care way too much about things that don’t even tangentially affect your life. I stand by my post. It is directly relevant to the posts lamenting the fact that the NBA subsidizes the WNBA.

I’m thankful for the WNBA players and the NBA team owners that make the league possible. 

• Hook 'Em 3

38 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Do female doctors hate on other female doctors?

Just now, Sawbonz said:

You care way too much about things that don’t even tangentially affect your life. I stand by my post. It is directly relevant to the posts lamenting the fact that the NBA subsidizes the WNBA.

I’m thankful for the WNBA players and the NBA team owners that make the league possible. 

so you teach your daughters that it’s a good thing for them to get wildly special treatment just because they are girls. they don’t have to earn anything in life, or display any kind of character or humility. you’re glad to have the wnba as a shining example that you can be a toxic, untalented, garbage human being who loses millions of dollars annually for your employer, and as long as you’re a girl it doesn’t matter because we will just hand you a league and a network and platform to be the garbage that you are, and nobody can take it from you, because you’re a girl. and you’re actually proud of that. way to go dad. pat yourself on the back. 

Just now, Derka said:

so you teach your daughters that it’s a good thing for them to get wildly special treatment just because they are girls. they don’t have to earn anything in life, or display any kind of character or humility. you’re glad to have the wnba as a shining example that you can be a toxic, untalented, garbage human being who loses millions of dollars annually for your employer, and as long as you’re a girl it doesn’t matter because we will just hand you a league and a network and platform to be the garbage that you are, and nobody can take it from you, because you’re a girl. and you’re actually proud of that. way to go dad. pat yourself on the back. 

It’s not that deep.

Also one daughter is plan II at UT with a 3.9 and the other will have a fine arts scholarship if she wants to pursue dance after high school so yeah I think I will at least pat their mom on the back

sawbonz and people like him are so painfully lacking in self awareness that they’ll never realize that all they do is accomplish the opposite of what they’re trying to accomplish. “i'm such a bastion for equality and such a great example for my daughters that i’m proud that the women of the wnba get wildly special treatment in more ways than anyone can count. this special treatment for women is progress, and anyone who disagrees is not an ally, they are an enemy.”

i hate to break it to you, but justifying the existence of this league while implying that anyone who criticizes the special treatment it gets is a misogynist or an enemy of women is the exact opposite way to get more respect for yourself, or for any women anywhere. the only people who take you seriously belong to the same cult as you.

Edited by Derka

2 minutes ago, Derka said:

sawbonz and people like him are so painfully lacking in self awareness that they’ll never realize that all they do is accomplish the opposite of what they’re trying to accomplish. “i'm such a bastion for equality and such a great example for my daughters that i’m proud that the women of the wnba get wildly special treatment in more ways than anyone can count. this special treatment for women is progress, and anyone who disagrees is not an ally, they are an enemy.” i hate to break it to you, but justifying the existence of this league while implying that anyone who criticizes the special treatment it gets is a misogynist or an enemy of women is the exact opposite way to get more respect for yourself, or for any women anywhere. the only people who take you seriously belong to the same cult.

I did none of that guy. Take care now 

5 minutes ago, Derka said:

sawbonz and people like him are so painfully lacking in self awareness that they’ll never realize that all they do is accomplish the opposite of what they’re trying to accomplish.

Holy shit, find a mirror my man. As a father of two daughters also, there is nothing that Sawbonz is telling you that lacks self awareness. Again, your posts come across as misogynistic especially some of them on the last page. As far as the rest of your posts about their profitability, do you feel the same about female college sports as you do about the WNBA or are your issues strictly with the WNBA’s financials?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brew said:

there is nothing that Sawbonz is telling you that lacks self awareness.

saying that he’s proud that the wnba is the only league in the world that’s allowed to exist while hemorrhaging money simply because women want to have their own league is 100% lacking self awareness coming from someone who claims to be championing equality.

again- i have made more than 100,000 posts on these sites since i joined HF in 2002, and i have read 50x more posts than i’ve made, and yet i have never/will never receive/see responses like sawbonz’ girl dad soliloquy because someone criticized a male athlete or sport. these posts only show up when women are criticized. period.

by the way you too are lacking in self awareness. you said i’ve been misogynistic in this thread? that’s your take? criticizing women = hating women? any criticism of a female = misogyny? you’re doing the same exact thing as sawbonz. how many wildly critical posts have i made about shaka smart? now how many times did someone tell me that i hate men because of these posts? never happened, never will. you think you’re championing some great cause; you’re not. you’re making it worse.

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Why can’t the wnba be one?

because the women of the wnba have shown themselves to be toxic, entitled narcissists who routinely bite the hand that feeds them. literally, that’s why. that’s what i and so many others can’t take. britney griner is a trash person; angel reese is a fake thug/part time victim; the head coach of the women’s olympic team made anti-caitlin clark tweets before leaving her off the roster; kelsey plum demands more money; monica mcnutt is outraged that men haven’t been watching that shitty sport for years instead of appreciating the fact that she has a platform at all.

all of this and so much more is why the wnba doesn’t deserve to exist. i mean normally the recipients of charity are grateful, and show some modicum humility. they don’t constantly bitch about how they deserve more charity while being garbage people who actively hate and want to ostracize their biggest money maker. that’s why.

12 minutes ago, Derka said:

by the way you too are lacking in self awareness. you said i’ve been misogynistic in this thread? that’s your take? criticizing women = hating women? any criticism of a female = misogyny? you’re doing the same exact thing as sawbonz. how many wildly critical posts have i made about shaka smart? now how many times did someone tell me that i hate men because of these posts? never happened, never will. you think you’re championing some great cause; you’re not. you’re making it worse.

Your reading comprehension sucks just for the record. Criticism doesn’t equal misogyny, not liking the product is perfectly fine and your right to not follow/post about it. Posts like you made on the last page in relation to the fashion post equal misogyny. This really isn’t that difficult. 

No point in continuing this circular discussion, keep on being you.

Edited by Brew
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brew said:

Posts like you made on the last page in relation to the fashion post equal misogyny.

if you’re going to repeatedly me of misogyny then quote me for christ’s sake. point to something specific, don’t just yell it into the ether like it’s a fact.

Edited by Derka

10 hours ago, d2o said:

After the response from Carrington.   Her first statement was a lot more neutral.   It sucks that someone has to come out and specifically state that they do not condone negative shit but thats not just her.   Everyone faces that nowadays in the world. 

maybe the subject is exhausting her?

Edited by closetohumping

8 hours ago, Derka said:

if you’re going to repeatedly me of misogyny then quote me for christ’s sake. point to something specific, don’t just yell it into the ether like it’s a fact.

On 6/30/2024 at 6:10 PM, Derka said:

this shit just cracks me up so hard. we’ve given them this money hemorrhaging league, we’ve let them cosplay as pro athletes, we let them play dress up and  play runway model, and we have espn cover it and broadcast it all *as if anyone gives a shit*, and still they’re like, “men need to do more for us, men should have been covering us years ago, we need more from men! oh and fuck caitlin clark!” bro wnba women are

You still haven't explained how you've done anything at all for the WBNA (other than being male) yet take great offense to to letting then "cosplay" as pro athletes (hint: they fucking are pro athletes, they are getting paid to do athletic things) or letting them "play dress up and runway model". You aren't "letting" them do shit, and it's completely misogynistic to dismiss them as "cosplaying" as professional athletes and wearing what they want to wear as "play[ing] dress up" (especially in a world where NFL and NBA fashion exists).

The other day you quoted a couple of tweets saying women shouldn't be cops because a single woman was a bad cop. I don't know you, don't know if you are a misogynist or not, but you are absolutely broadcasting misogynistic shit.

And just to be clear, not liking the WBNA doesn't make you a misogynist, pointing out the lack of athleticism or skill doesn't make you a misogynist, but the controlling language you use sure hints at it.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

maybe the subject is exhausting her?

It was her first public comments on the subject.  I get her original point.   She didnt want to be involved.   She just wants to play ball.  That's really not reality.  When your name and face are used to justify a whole lot hate you cant really sit it out.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, d2o said:

It was her first public comments on the subject.  I get her original point.   She didnt want to be involved.   She just wants to play ball.  That's really not reality.  When your name and face are used to justify a whole lot hate you cant really sit it out.

A few weeks ago she said don’t use her name to be divisive.   What’s wrong with that?

Just now, d2o said:

Yes you can and she will continue to sit out. She doesn't have to do shit. Her sponsors and the owners of the fever don't give a single fuck. That's reality. Your alternate reality is some woke bullshit you made up to make you feel better. 

Fuck the WNBA and their fans, they totally deserve each other is what I've concluded. Sports are supposed to be engaging and impressive to watch. A brief escape from reality to watch competition and entertainment. These are athletes not spokespeople. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

A few weeks ago she said don’t use her name to be divisive.   What’s wrong with that?

Again, nothing.   But it came AFTER Carrington pointed out how her first statement wasnt denouncing it.   Some called Carrington's tweet an "attack" (it wasnt) but it got the point to either CC or the people who help guide her in media relations because her next statement was that she didnt want her name used to justify hate.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, d2o said:

Nonsense.

What exactly do her name and face justify and to who?  Some anonymous losers on Twitter?

99% of the racist talk has been directed at Clark and her fame being due to her skin color. 

It’s just a purity test for the everything is political crowd. She can only control her own actions and character. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Clark gave a generic ass answer initially just like Tom and Peyton did their whole careers on many topics. Only women could run with that generic answer to paint her some kind of racist villain. It’s fucking retarded how stupid the coaches and players are in the WNBA. 

what it all boils down to is black media, players, etc don’t want a whit woman to be the face of a black predominant sport, basically racism. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

32 minutes ago, d2o said:

Again, nothing.   But it came AFTER Carrington pointed out how her first statement wasnt denouncing it.   Some called Carrington's tweet an "attack" (it wasnt) but it got the point to either CC or the people who help guide her in media relations because her next statement was that she didnt want her name used to justify hate.

How much more explicit does she need to be?  Does she need to join the Black Panthers?  It's not like the players have welcomed her with open arms:

"People should not be using my name to push those agendas. It's disappointing. It's not acceptable," Clark said Thursday when asked about the comments. "... Treating every single woman in this league with the same amount of respect, I think, it's just a basic human thing that everybody should do."

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

How much more explicit does she need to be?  Does she need to join the Black Panthers?  It's not like the players have welcomed her with open arms:

"People should not be using my name to push those agendas. It's disappointing. It's not acceptable," Clark said Thursday when asked about the comments. "... Treating every single woman in this league with the same amount of respect, I think, it's just a basic human thing that everybody should do."

Not good enough. She needs to do more, doesn't she know she's FAMOUS?

7 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I didnt say she needed to do more.  I've said multiple times her 2nd statement was more than adequate.   But again (third time I'm saying this) it was her 2nd statement AFTER Carrington and others pointed out the problem with her first.  

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

CC just needs to stay away from all of the social justice and political stuff...  

Just gonna repeat this for emphasis...

Dan Patrick:  Tiger and MJ never took a stand  -- MJ famously said "Republicans buy tennis shoes as well"

Focusing only on her basketball is the way

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, d2o said:

I didnt say she needed to do more.  I've said multiple times her 2nd statement was more than adequate.   But again (third time I'm saying this) it was her 2nd statement AFTER Carrington and others pointed out the problem with her first.  

Treating everybody equally is more than enough.  If that’s an issue for Dijon or Angela they’re just looking for attention or a fight

Caitlin’s biggest detractors are women.  Ironic.  Have I already said that?

16 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Treating everybody equally is more than enough.  If that’s an issue for Dijon or Angela they’re just looking for attention or a fight

You all just see what you wanna see anyway.   What's the point?

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Just gonna repeat this for emphasis...

Dan Patrick:  Tiger and MJ never took a stand  -- MJ famously said "Republicans buy tennis shoes as well"

Focusing only on her basketball is the way

It was so fucking funny how the media turned on Tiger after the accident. They knew all along and just played along because it was convenient. Then the second there was a chance, they fucking dragged him. Made the guy out to be a murderer and made him apologize to us like he owed us that shit or something. That was really weird. Probably would be like a couple of days of news and we move on if it happened now.

30 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

But her and Diana spooned after the result the other night, the tide has turned.

4 hours ago, immamac said:

Fuck the WNBA and their fans, they totally deserve each other is what I've concluded.

there’s 3-4 hardcore wnba defenders in here and not one of them has said a single critical thing about the league, its players, their attitudes, their treatment of CC, none of it. no, “yeah, that could have been handled better but…” type responses, just blind justification for everything the league and its players do. all of them are full-on zealots, that much has become clear.

• Hook 'Em 1

WNBA and it's players really need to embrace what CC is doing for their league... Vegas game moved from 12k fan arena to an 18k fan arena.  Tickets for this game are more expensive than the WNBA Finals -- cheapest tickets are $95 and most expensive over $1k

What Caitlin Clark JUST DID AGAIN Shocked A'ja Wilson and the WNBA

19 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

WNBA and it's players really need to embrace what CC is doing for their league... Vegas game moved from 12k fan arena to an 18k fan arena.  Tickets for this game are more expensive than the WNBA Finals -- cheapest tickets are $95 and most expensive over $1k

What Caitlin Clark JUST DID AGAIN Shocked A'ja Wilson and the WNBA

Another W for the queen of the WNBA. Maybe she will get tired of winning so god damned much and just yell a bunch of slurs at a press conference. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Nonsense.

What exactly do her name and face justify and to who?  Some anonymous losers on Twitter?

99% of the racist talk has been directed at Clark and her fame being due to her skin color. 

It’s just a purity test for the everything is political crowd. She can only control her own actions and character. 

I am mostly in line with this. Social media, as a whole, is a cesspool she needs to steer clear of. Just focus on basketball, connecting with the fans at games or PR events, and lead a good life. She’s the breadwinner right now for a league that needed one and I hope she just keeps on keepin’ on.

I also hope she eventually gets teammates that can catch her passes. That seems kinda important as well.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Clark gave a generic ass answer initially just like Tom and Peyton did their whole careers on many topics. Only women could run with that generic answer to paint her some kind of racist villain. It’s fucking retarded how stupid the coaches and players are in the WNBA. 

what it all boils down to is black media, players, etc don’t want a whit woman to be the face of a black predominant sport, basically racism. 

No one seems to have a problem with Jokic or Luka being a couple of the most popular players in the mostly black NBA though. They’re widely embraced on social media and not particularly targeted for hard fouls by opponents during games. NFL is mostly black as well, and also has white superstars. Not sure what gives in the WNBA.