Caitlin Clark …. Seriously

MirrOlure

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

No one seems to have a problem with Jokic or Luka being a couple of the most popular players in the mostly black NBA though. They’re widely embraced on social media and not particularly targeted for hard fouls by opponents during games. NFL is mostly black as well, and also has white superstars. Not sure what gives in the WNBA.

Womens.

Actually they didn't come into the NBA as rookies and garnered far more attention and outside contracts than the all star vets already there. The WNBA exploded when Clark showed up, not so when Luka joined the league.

The black women looked around and wondered why was Caitlin getting all this attention and they didn't. Certainly understandable.

I think they are slowly coming around to the massive benefits of the Clark effect.

25 minutes ago, Helobious said:

No one seems to have a problem with Jokic or Luka being a couple of the most popular players in the mostly black NBA though. They’re widely embraced on social media and not particularly targeted for hard fouls by opponents during games. NFL is mostly black as well, and also has white superstars. Not sure what gives in the WNBA.

Nobody has come out and said it but Kendrick Perkins pushed Embiid for MVP big time.  I think he and Shaq called Jokic a stat padder.  

33 minutes ago, Helobious said:

They aren't competing against a bunch of entitled, petty women. 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Nobody has come out and said it but Kendrick Perkins pushed Embiid for MVP big time.  I think he and Shaq called Jokic a stat padder.  

besides the fact there’s a very obvious answer as to why the men get along better than the women do, i will say that black players in the nba 100% do not give jokic even a fraction of the respect he deserves. from picking him last at the all star game (yeah let’s take the most selfless player/best passer in the league and pick him last 🙄), to the countless hours of nba videos, podcasts and interviews i’ve seen where nba players, when talking about the best players in the league, will name 5-6 guys, including guys like jayson lukewarm tatum, without ever naming jokic. it’s either wildly petty or these players are terrible at judging talent.  actually it’s probably both.

Edited by Derka

19 minutes ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

Holy fuck. The Clark effect is for reals.

The NIL era really helped escalate CC's popularity and career in college basketball.

And of course now the WNBA is benefiting with more exposure due to CC playing in their league this season.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

Have you never seen a group of girls decide they don’t like another girl?

It will be interesting to see if these players bitching about CC now change their tunes (and how) when their personal contracts come up for negotiation.  If the CC era truly is here to stay and the revenue moves into a higher level, you know those players who have "given their all to keep the league going" will want their piece of the expanded pie.  And that is fine, but will they give CC her due? Do they recognize that Caitlyn brings something new and fresh to the league that people have been needing, and in turn they try to cultivate more of whatever it is that's driving this groundswell change?  Or do they try to get those fans to accept the old W, brushing this off as some flash in the pan?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, statsman said:

Have you never seen a group of girls decide they don’t like another girl?

If these ladies were upset at a "pretty" white girl stealing the spotlight (and I use that term loosely for the WNBA) this season, I can't wait to see what happens when Paige Bueckers is the #1 pick in the draft next year.  

Heads will explode.

6 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

If these ladies were upset at a "pretty" white girl stealing the spotlight (and I use that term loosely for the WNBA) this season, I can't wait to see what happens when Paige Bueckers is the #1 pick in the draft next year.  

Heads will explode.

Nobody cares about Paige bickers 

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Heads will explode.

Paige bows to the black players though. So they’ll be more accepting.  Wait until that Duke freshmen is in the league, she can actually dunk. It’s wild. 

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Wait until that Duke freshmen is in the league, she can actually dunk. It’s wild. 

For all you WNBA haters.

Watching a game the other day and someone throws up a wedgie. The center for Dallas tried to get it down but nope, couldn't quite pull it off.

They went and got a broom.

IMG_2939.JPG

IMG_2940.JPG

• Haha 2

On 7/3/2024 at 12:36 PM, TommysTinyTowels said:

For all you WNBA haters.

Watching a game the other day and someone throws up a wedgie. The center for Dallas tried to get it down but nope, couldn't quite pull it off.

They went and got a broom.

IMG_2939.JPG

IMG_2940.JPG

Every WNBA team  should have a dewedger tool, ready and waiting.

45 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

"McNutt" is the perfect description of her above take... geez 🙄

What's that take?  Moronic?  What a fucking stupid justification.  She should be getting crushed as it's an opinion or reasoning for children.  I expect better from her and she should be hearing it from all sides.  There's a case for Reese, but this isn't it.