Caitlin Clark …. Seriously

MirrOlure

Posted (edited)

Taurasi trying to set some Olympic records this year, but the pressure to add CC to Olympics roster to replace Diana due to her injury continues to grow...

Colin Cowherd Calls Out the WNBA For the ‘Dumb’ Caitlin Clark U.S. Olympic Team Freeze-Out

Screenshot_20240717-104322_kindlephoto-5337630.png.b7dcf6747ad1c8faf1a117b44e84944e.png

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

Clark was excellent for much of this game and Dallas probably played their best game of the season, but the 4th quarter shows some chinks in her armor.  No points the last 8 minutes and a killer turnover overdribbling during the biggest possession of the game.  Also, her defensive weaknesses showed up on two big possessions in the 4th, one where she got muscled out in the lane and another where she got blown by.  Now that said, she was still really good and she continues to show she has the best vision and most instinctual passer in the pro's as a rookie.  Watching her this game, I also think she's exhausted.  I know they've had some time off these past two weeks but she needs like a month off.  She's been playing basketball non-stop for about 9 months.  Fun player, and she and Boston are great building blocks for the future.... If she avoids major injury, I can see her winning a MVP one day.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Taurasi trying to set some Olympic records this year, but the pressure to add CC to Olympics roster to replace Diana due to her injury continues to grow...

Colin Cowherd Calls Out the WNBA For the ‘Dumb’ Caitlin Clark U.S. Olympic Team Freeze-Out

Screenshot_20240717-104322_kindlephoto-5337630.png.b7dcf6747ad1c8faf1a117b44e84944e.png

They’re so fucking dumb they’d take an injured Taurasi even if she doesn’t play at all 

36 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Clark was excellent for much of this game and Dallas probably played their best game of the season, but the 4th quarter shows some chinks in her armor.  No points the last 8 minutes and a killer turnover overdribbling during the biggest possession of the game.  Also, her defensive weaknesses showed up on two big possessions in the 4th, one where she got muscled out in the lane and another where she got blown by.  Now that said, she was still really good and she continues to show she has the best vision and most instinctual passer in the pro's as a rookie.  Watching her this game, I also think she's exhausted.  I know they've had some time off these past two weeks but she needs like a month off.  She's been playing basketball non-stop for about 9 months.  Fun player, and she and Boston are great building blocks for the future.... If she avoids major injury, I can see her winning a MVP one day.

Stats be damned she is already the most talented (best will come soon) player in the league. She is often times too unselfish and needs to shoot the ball. Let the big gals crash. Offensive rebounding is one of the biggest aspects of the WNBA. 

She finished with 19 and left plenty on the table to missed bunnies and wide open looks. 

On D she was exhausted. Didnt sit at all in the first half, but agree 100%. She obviously has dead legs at this point in her last 12 months. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

She just needs team success to get to MVP level.  Her play is already there.   But I agree.   I noted that in the other thread, the TOs aren't a huge deal most of the game because her play is overcoming them for the most part but she still makes poor decisions in crunch time.  They are generally plays where she is trying to do too much.  Those are the ones that she has to address to start winning close games on a consistent basis.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Stats be damned she is already the most talented (best will come soon) player in the league. She is often times too unselfish and needs to shoot the ball. Let the big gals crash. Offensive rebounding is one of the biggest aspects of the WNBA. 

She finished with 19 and left plenty on the table to missed bunnies and wide open looks. 

On D she was exhausted. Didnt sit at all in the first half, but agree 100%. She obviously has dead legs at this point in her last 12 months. 

Aja will be tough to overcome because she’s so complete. 

8 hours ago, Derka said:

does the SI swimsuit issue, dresses like this in public, whines about people sexualizing her.

She ugly af 

IMG_4510.jpeg

She's played more than well enough recently to give the Olympic team a pretty easy out. "She's earned her way onto the team with her play since the original announcement."

But that would be smart.

6 hours ago, The Dog said:

image.thumb.png.b365607a6a50964e7e1c5a647befecd8.png

https://www.wfaa.com/article/sports/nfl/cowboys/caitlin-clark-jersey-sales-how-many-fanatics-dallas-cowboys/287-e8e25d8e-97c5-4cc6-a035-a1c5e39e5652

Just so folks understand.... the hype is real, but it has bounds.  It was a stupid tweet and sillier that people would think a WNBA player could sell more jerseys than the most popular franchise in North America.

Jerrah's all about the money, if he could sell part of his salary cap space for a percentage of Clark jersey sales, he would....

Caitlin Clark is ready to kick her feet up and take a break away from basketball. The Indiana Fever rookie said she's looking forward to a little rest and relaxation following another record-setting performance in Saturday's WNBA All-Star Game.

Clark ended Saturday's game with 10 assists, a rookie record for a WNBA All-Star Game. She came up one short of tying Sue Bird's all-time record of 11 assists in the All-Star Game.

Additionally, Clark scored four points and grabbed a rebound as Team WNBA defeated Team USA 117-109. The squad was led by Arike Ogunbowale, who delivered a record-breaking performance of her own, scoring 34 points while knocking down eight shots from 3-point range.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Nobody wants fans who are there only to see Clark. If you don't enjoy their shitty brand of basketball, they don't want your money.