Caitlin Clark …. Seriously

MirrOlure

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

She is 22 years old

in the top 1% of US income earners

She works 6 months a year

Why would she go anywhere?

image.jpeg.ca1d1bc37921a2cd68d12c8c788a0f4e.jpeg

Why should she have to change her plans just because the league is jealous and petty towards her? She didn't do anything wrong by being awesome and media and fan friendly and putting the sport on the map.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

That's the dumbest idea ever. "Stick it to the haterz" culture has gotten way out of control. I'm glad Caitlin focuses on being positive, and thanking those who have helped her, instead of holding media grudges. Just kick their ass on the court.

Yes, stick it to the haters.  Let Kennedy Clark and Skyler Duggans ride in coach.  Boarding group G on SWA

10 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

She is 22 years old

in the top 1% of US income earners

She works 6 months a year

Why would she go anywhere?

How much of that is from her WNBA salary?

17 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Yes, stick it to the haters.  Let Kennedy Clark and Skyler Duggans ride in coach.  Boarding group G on SWA

You think she would remain relevant for long with no way for Americans to watch her play?   Seriously?   She needs the W as much as the W needs her.

• Hook 'Em 1

i would legitimately tune in to watch caitlin clark be the only female in a nationwide LA Fitness/24 Hour Fitness league. just create a league with 10-12 teams in the biggest cities in the country, put CC on one of them, and let her compete with men who are a)not so good that she still can’t shine and b)actually able to play the game above the rim, unlike those those “athletes” in the wnba. i would find that to be a thousand times more entertaining than watching the wnba. 

Is Chenedy Carter pronounced Kennedy with the ch being a clever spin on the traditional name, or Chinedey, like an Asian name Chen? It dawned on me today that I’ve potentiallysaid it in my head wrong when reading it the last few weeks she’s been relevant.

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What level of male player to you get to join the wnba, at their salary level?

Uh - like top 2,000 in the world? 

WNBA players make as much if not more than guys in the G League or most guys playing in Europe. 

There is a massive drop off from what NBA players make vs. 2nd or 3rd tier pros.

8 minutes ago, MinerProphet said:

Is Chenedy Carter pronounced Kennedy with the ch being a clever spin on the traditional name, or Chinedey, like an Asian name Chen? It dawned on me today that I’ve potentiallysaid it in my head wrong when reading it the last few weeks she’s been relevant.

Clever subliminal messaging here

10 hours ago, closetohumping said:

This year $76,535 for 40 games over 5 months (including olympic break). More if she makes the playoffs. 

Which at 22, was $1000 over what half the country brings home and $12,000 more than the average US salary. 

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

This year $76,535 for 40 games over 5 months (including olympic break). More if she makes the playoffs. 

Which at 22, was $1000 over what half the country brings home and $12,000 more than the average US salary. 

Or ice cube offered her 5 million 🤷‍♂️

43 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Ice cube wouldn’t have allowed her to get a sponsorship from Nike?

Sure, but Nike probably wouldn’t offer $3.5 mill a year. WNBA and The Big 3 aren’t on the same planet in regards to exposure (ABC/ESPN broadcast and internet/socials). The same would hold true if she were playing in Russia. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

20 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Sure, but Nike probably wouldn’t offer $3.5 mill a year. WNBA and The Big 3 aren’t on the same planet in regards to exposure (ABC/ESPN broadcast and internet/socials). The same would hold true if she were playing in Russia. 

And yet. Even with much less exposure, as you said the big three outdrew the wnba in attendance and tv ratings in 2023.  That’s despite being newer and as you said with less exposure 

https://www.socialmediatoday.com/news/x-formerly-twitter-pitches-advertisers-on-the-big-3/719062/#:~:text=During the 2022-2023 season,of 15%2C000 attendees per week.

IMG_0766.thumb.png.fbfc03b4fa19df94769a36a08ca541e6.png

its Caitlin Clark   She moves the needle   Not Angela Reese or Breanna Stewart   

Edited by closetohumping

8 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Let’s not get distracted and forget Reese shoots under 40% with 97% of her shots coming from the paint. 

She is possibly the most overrated player in all of professional sports. Maybe if both her eyes were able to focus in the same direction at once, she'd be able to make a higher percentage of layups.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Deej said:

She is possibly the most overrated player in all of professional sports. Maybe if both her eyes were able to focus in the same direction at once, she'd be able to make a higher percentage of layups.

She looks like the 6’2 kid in west Texas 2a basketball that is put at center just because they’re tall. Absolutely awful at basketball. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Deej said:

Ice Age Animation GIF

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, closetohumping said:

^^*not sure how accurate those numbers are.  Had the big three attendance at 15k per game

also look up Indiana fever attendance vs Chicago sky attendance. 2023 vs 2024 attendance

Big 3 season is short and they play all their games back to back at the same arena.  I don't know, but I would assume you buy a ticket for the entire line up and not individual games don't last the games don't really last long.  So that 15k would be attendance for the entire week not per game.  Not only that but she's not getting a Nike deal when she's getting her shit swatted into the stands every weekend in the Big3.  The WNBA needs Caitlyn Clark, and like a lot of basketball elites her endorsements will trump her actual basketball salary.  Her endorsements aren't as lucrative playing Russia or sucking in the Big3.

Edited by Gene Parmesan

8 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

She looks like the 6’2 kid in west Texas 2a basketball that is put at center just because they’re tall. Absolutely awful at basketball. 

She's the Gheorghe Muresan of the WNBA (sorry for the insult to Gheorge who could actually make the easy basket).

16 hours ago, closetohumping said:

And yet. Even with much less exposure, as you said the big three outdrew the wnba in attendance and tv ratings in 2023.  That’s despite being newer and as you said with less exposure 

https://www.socialmediatoday.com/news/x-formerly-twitter-pitches-advertisers-on-the-big-3/719062/#:~:text=During the 2022-2023 season,of 15%2C000 attendees per week.

IMG_0766.thumb.png.fbfc03b4fa19df94769a36a08ca541e6.png

its Caitlin Clark   She moves the needle   Not Angela Reese or Breanna Stewart   

That's not a particularly useful comparison. You're comparing a league that plays 25 games to a league that plays 240 plus playoffs. 

The WNBA all star game had 3.4 million viewers this season. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

That's not a particularly useful comparison. You're comparing a league that plays 25 games to a league that plays 240 plus playoffs. 

The WNBA all star game had 3.4 million viewers this season. 

And 850k in 2023. The Angela Reese effect!!

Edited by closetohumping
  • Haha 2

On 8/22/2024 at 2:17 PM, ztejas said:

Yes. Like her brother Chendall.

Didn't know that, tks.

https://texaslonghorns.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/chendall-weaver/13268#:~:text=son of Shonda Perkins (mom,by the Atlanta Dream ...

"Born in Dallas, Texas ... lived in several different areas of the Metroplex during his childhood, including Red Oak, Grand Prairie, Arlington and Mansfield … son of Shonda Perkins (mom) ... has two older brothers, Cameron Corsey and Chandler Carter, and one older sister, Chennedy Carter ... his sister, Chennedy Carter, played basketball at Texas A&M for three years (2016-19) and was the No. 4 pick of the 2020 WNBA Draft by the Atlanta Dream ..."

Is it pronounced "Kandler" or did Chandler fuck up the whole "K" rythm that was going on?

Him and Kameron need to fix their names.

On 8/22/2024 at 10:41 AM, Pam Cummings said:

Shed be seen as "running away". You know that. It's like suggesting Jordan should go to the euro league because the big mean Pistons won't let him win.

At least the Pistons had talent.

4 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Looked like a basketball play

Problem is that's a pattern for Chennedy, girl has got some serious anger issues and has been given a number of chances.

Looking for a F2 upgrade on this one. Hell of a talent, but also hell of a problem.

• Hook 'Em 2

listening to wnba announcers get excited over/hype up plays that would have nba announcers cringing is something that i never get used to. i see these highlights of these women who can’t jump, who miss bunny after bunny, who show a shocking lack of actual basketball skill, and the announcers are just like, “ladies and gentlemen that is work ethic personified!” lol like no it’s not, it literally looks exactly the same as my parochial school’s 5th grade b team games. wild.

Edited by Derka
  • Haha 1