Texas Recruiting Notes 2027: I remember watching his dad play

BornAndRaised

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Imo it’s dumb to offer any freshman that isn’t of a freakish size, a track star, or has already made an impact at the varsity level. 

He runs a 10.8 100 meter dash. He had 7 TDs in 6A as a freshman. He's been offered by a ton of schools. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, fellside said:

He runs a 10.8 100 meter dash. He had 7 TDs in 6A as a freshman. He's been offered by a ton of schools. 

Yeah so he meets my criteria then. I was just saying in general those are the rules I’d follow

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2024 at 3:07 PM, fellside said:

I was 5’2 maybe 3, 120 pounds if that after I finished my freshman year and ran a 5.6 40 yard dash..   My senior year I was 6’2, 195 and ran a 4.6 something.  It’s crazy how these kids are progressing earlier now.  Granted I was definitely a very late bloomer, sophomore to junior year growth spurt was no joke.. So recruiting that young seems crazy to me. Many freshman studs were not starters by senior year because others had passed them and they stopped progressing but then again they didn’t run a 10.8’s as a freshman…

On 6/1/2024 at 12:04 AM, Hook1997 said:

I was 5’2 maybe 3, 120 pounds if that after I finished my freshman year and ran a 5.6 40 yard dash..   My senior year I was 6’2, 195 and ran a 4.6 something.  It’s crazy how these kids are progressing earlier now.  Granted I was definitely a very late bloomer, sophomore to junior year growth spurt was no joke.. So recruiting that young seems crazy to me. Many freshman studs were not starters by senior year because others had passed them and they stopped progressing but then again they didn’t run a 10.8’s as a freshman…

The true purpose of this post was to brag about your forty time, wasn’t it?

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

https://www.on3.com/db/brady-edmunds-175921/

Visiting for the Georgia game per On3

Spoiler

Huntington Beach (Calif.) High 2027 quarterback Brady Edmunds is excited to take several game-day visits this fall as his recruitment has really taken off.

The 6-foot-5, 200-pound Edmunds tells On3 he’ll be at UCLA for the Oregon game on Sept. 28. He’ll get over to USC on Oct. 12. A return to Texas is set for Oct. 19.  Ohio State is locked in on Oct. 26 for the Nebraska game. 

“Will add a Michigan game at some point,” Edmunds said. “Still trying to figure out when is best.”

Easy to see why these programs are on Edmunds. As a freshman he carved up defense to the tune of 2,691 yards and 24 touchdowns. He added two more rushing scores.

Edmunds is excited to keep tabs on the DeShaun Foster era in Westwood.

“DeShaun Foster and the NFL staff they’ve got going there,” he said of what stands out. “There’s a lot of energy and hype going on at UCLA so it’ll be interesting to see what they do this season.”

The Trojans certainly have his attention.

“Lincoln Riley,” Edmunds stated. “The best offensive mind in football right now and as long as he’s there then USC will be a contender. I also have a great relationship with Coach (Luke) Huard.”

Edmunds earned his offer from Steve Sarkisian and Texas in camp during the summer.

“Texas is similar to where Coach Sark has one of the best track records of producing QBs dating all the way back to Alabama,” Edmunds said. “Coach (AJ) Milwee also does a great job there and is super smart. Texas like Ohio State has only offered one or two quarterbacks in my class so I know they’re high on me and I’m one of their top targets. 

“Texas has been recruiting me for a while now. Coach Milwee was one of the first college coaches to follow me on Twitter and Instagram in eighth grade. He also had came by my school in December last year before I had blown up and had an offer spree so it’s cool to know that they weren’t one of schools that just jumped on the train but they were the firsts.”

Edmunds was the first quarterback Ohio State offered in the class back in June.

“My family and I have been Ohio State fans forever so obviously that offer has been a big check mark on my goals,” Edmunds said. “Coach (Riley) Larkin and Coach Kelly have it great with the quarterbacks right now. They probably have one of the best quarterback rooms in the nation right now and I think that’s because of the reason that Coach (Ryan) Day has consistently produced successful quarterbacks at the college level and then now at the pros as well. They also make it very clear that I’m their guy and at the top of their list so that means a lot to me.”

Michigan will work to keep Edmunds way from rival Ohio State and everyone else.

“Obviously being the reigning National Champs you’re getting one of the best schools in the nation,” Edmunds said. “Coach Campbell is extremely smart so you’re getting coached at a high level constantly. I’m excited to see what Michigan does with Campbell as the play caller this year.”

These schools are equally excited to keep tabs on Edmunds during his sophomore season.

This is approximately the class that I wishcasted the first of a dozen or so offspring from the Cat Osterman + Huston Street coupling that never happened….

….which makes me ask: do Sanya* Richards and Aaron Ross have any underlings?

*edited with apologies

I feel like Jason Witten was like a "heady veteran presence" his entire career and lord knows I have seen the same 20 VY highlights every day on the Texas internet since I was in high school so I'm not at the shock stage with these guys.

Chris Henry Jr. (who's a '26) comes close though. His dad died young enough he's always stayed young in my mind.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think most start out as 4* until they start digging deeper. Jerrick Gibson at one time the #1 RB in the class, and slipped to #3. It's stupid. Dia Bell was the #1 QB at one point, too. Then it was that kid who committed to Georgia. I think Bell will still be a 5*, but I don't know if all of the services will keep him there. 

It's fluid. 

On 9/3/2024 at 6:41 AM, DigglerontheHoof said:

I'm definitely not a recruitnik but it seems like the second-ranked QB in a class would be a 5*.

Most services don't delegate many if any 5 star status so sophomores. That usually happens around spring of their junior year when more are named and the it gets to about the 32 range of 5 stars by fall of their senior years.

5 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

6-4 314. Damn bid kid. Why is aggy leading the leader board for him? 

No expert has made any predictions yet so the algorithm just goes based on proximity and average recruiting strength of the schools who've offered him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2024 at 2:56 PM, texifornia said:

Will it be Houston, Edmonds, or someone else in 2027?

https://www.on3.com/db/peyton-houston-154854/

Here at the Redondo Game. This Brady Edmonds is the tallest dude on the team. He looks like the coach in the huddle when it breaks.  He throws the ball real well with zip and he’s had a designed run that he just trucks forward.  

Hes a big dude  2 years of growth he may grow out of the position.  When my son was a sophomore. They had a wide receiver that was 6’4 215. And he’s a starting d tackle for Duke.   So who knows. But he’s a big kid 

• Hook 'Em 2