2024 Transfer Thread - The Pedantic Circlejerk

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The Co-op needs to order a statue of this motherfucker from China and mount it in their back parking lot. That way, all of the fucking idiots who think this angry ball of goo did anything of consequence while on campus can have a place to worship and leave gifts of remembrance. 

310.0 passer rating. That's rarified air

10 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Cross-posting ... is this the right transfer cycle for this guy? 

Please respond if you're a pedantic circlejerker ... and know the correct answer.

image.thumb.png.2e00e994fae07d114bfa944308f20826.png

Highly doubtful now. Seems like he would be a cancer in the locker room, anyway. But I doubt Sark is taking another guy after getting that Gardner kid. 

On 8/23/2024 at 11:13 AM, texifornia said:

On 8/23/2024 at 11:15 AM, Newy25 said:

He’s not the starter. 

He did in fact start the SMU game, for whatever that’s worth.

11 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Random question but what happened to Jacoby Matthews from ATM? He entered the portal but I can't find a peep about where he ended up, if anywhere. Seems odd

Google turns up tons of articles about him entering the portal, but I also can't find a single one about him ending up somewhere.

I checked all the rosters of the teams that were listed as interested at the time (Oregon, FSU, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, LSU) and didn't find him.

Google turns up tons of articles about him entering the portal, but I also can't find a single one about him ending up somewhere.
I checked all the rosters of the teams that were listed as interested at the time (Oregon, FSU, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, LSU) and didn't find him.

Edit nvm

• 3 weeks later...

20% (less since we are going 16-0) through the season thought it would be fun to keep tabs on these guys. Chime in if I miss any

Bond- Stud. Receiver 1 as advertised 

Golden- stud. Quinn’s favorite target when he needs to score in the red zone or a tough conversion

Bolden- more down than up. I expect a couple big plays soon- and think he will get one (at least) in the return game at a key point in time. Just behind some dudes absolutely balling 

Niblick- stock way down. Helm and Davis have boxed him out- hope for some good stuff next year when they move on and Washington appears to be the only other receiving weapon at TE 

SMU- RB- glad he’s here with guys going down as break glass in case of emergency. Be interesting to see if he or Colin Page get 2nd half carries in blow outs with a shallow RB room 

3 DT’s- made some plays. Depth that’s needed on the DL- glad they are here 

Trey Moore- stud- hasn’t gotten the QB on the ground but makes lots of winning plays 

Bama LB- gone- not sure why he ever showed up in the first place. 
San Jose ST Corner- hasn’t cracked the main rotation yet- glad he’s here. Look forward to seeing him acclimate and battle for starting position next year 

Makuba- awesome. Big part in making the secondary transition from actual weakness to one of best in country through his own play, intelligence, and being able to allow Barron to play CB (along with some other guys). 
did I miss anyone?

I’ve got 4 guys getting drafted from this class at the end of this year, Moore, Makuba, Bond and Golden, a couple who can’t get on the field because the guys in front of them are breaking out in an NFL way (Cb and Niblick), some solid rotation players (DT’s), and a couple emergency guys. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Portal losses: I’m paying almost no attention tot his. 
I know Murphy is starting at Duke and looks like he wouldn’t be in our 3 deep- good for him to find a better opportunity,

Neyor is getting lots of love at Nebraska. There’s nowhere for him here at Texas either, imo, but if he can catch a bunch of balls and make the league also good for him. 
have paid very little attention to any of the other losses- anyone doing good things?  I guess I heard Catalon had a couple picks the other day (I think) but wasn’t super locked in to whoever was talking about that. 

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

20% (less since we are going 16-0) through the season thought it would be fun to keep tabs on these guys. Chime in if I miss any

Bond- Stud. Receiver 1 as advertised 

Golden- stud. Quinn’s favorite target when he needs to score in the red zone or a tough conversion

Bolden- more down than up. I expect a couple big plays soon- and think he will get one (at least) in the return game at a key point in time. Just behind some dudes absolutely balling 

Niblick- stock way down. Helm and Davis have boxed him out- hope for some good stuff next year when they move on and Washington appears to be the only other receiving weapon at TE 

SMU- RB- glad he’s here with guys going down as break glass in case of emergency. Be interesting to see if he or Colin Page get 2nd half carries in blow outs with a shallow RB room 

3 DT’s- made some plays. Depth that’s needed on the DL- glad they are here 

Trey Moore- stud- hasn’t gotten the QB on the ground but makes lots of winning plays 

Bama LB- gone- not sure why he ever showed up in the first place. 
San Jose ST Corner- hasn’t cracked the main rotation yet- glad he’s here. Look forward to seeing him acclimate and battle for starting position next year 

Makuba- awesome. Big part in making the secondary transition from actual weakness to one of best in country through his own play, intelligence, and being able to allow Barron to play CB (along with some other guys). 
did I miss anyone?

I’ve got 4 guys getting drafted from this class at the end of this year, Moore, Makuba, Bond and Golden, a couple who can’t get on the field because the guys in front of them are breaking out in an NFL way (Cb and Niblick), some solid rotation players (DT’s), and a couple emergency guys. 

Not picking on you in particular but why do so many people misspell Mukuba "Makuba"? It's not a hard name.

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Not picking on you in particular but why do so many people misspell Mukuba "Makuba"? It's not a hard name.

Because I have no idea how to spell it officially I guess?  My spelling of it if that’s a common misspelling is clearly monkey see, monkey do. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

20 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Portal losses: I’m paying almost no attention tot his. 
I know Murphy is starting at Duke and looks like he wouldn’t be in our 3 deep- good for him to find a better opportunity,

Neyor is getting lots of love at Nebraska. There’s nowhere for him here at Texas either, imo, but if he can catch a bunch of balls and make the league also good for him. 
have paid very little attention to any of the other losses- anyone doing good things?  I guess I heard Catalon had a couple picks the other day (I think) but wasn’t super locked in to whoever was talking about that. 

There are a handful of guys doing well after leaving us, but I wouldn’t say we miss any of them.

Murphy is the starter at Duke and is 3-0. We all know he didn’t have a shot to play here with Quinn and Arch, I have no beef with him and root for him at Duke.

Neyor is the leading receiver at Nebraska, although that’s not saying a lot, he’s the only WR there with over 100 yards on the season so far.

Jerrin Thompson is the leading tackler at Auburn, but honestly looks the same as he did here. I like Bug, but he’s just not the most athletically gifted. 

Savion Red is the leading rusher at Nevada, and Kitan Crawford is third in tackles there. Going to a lower level is what they needed imo.

Jalen Catalon has been really good at UNLV, he already has 3 interceptions, including a pick 6 and UNLV is 3-0 with two wins over Big 12 teams. Big question with Catalon is can he actually last the whole season.

Everyone else has been either unremarkable at their new places or worse, buried on the depth chart. The funniest to me in this group is Terrence Brooks, who, after bitching about Texas coaches not developing him, is struggling to get playing time at Illinois. I guess the Illinois coaches couldn’t develop him either.

• Hook 'Em 3