Cruz vs Allred - 2024

Pancho

Its not even anecdotal at this point. There are a lot of multi time voters and lifelong Republican straight ticket voters who are just not gonna vote for Trump this time. Its a real thing and its not being driven by how great kamala is. Its being driven by Republicans that want sanity in their party back and don't want MAGA. 

That and the women who are showing out and rejecting trump based on the abortion issue are real and could be responsible for cruz getting the boot (not really crazy or unlikely at this point) and in some crazy instance a kamala win in Texas. (Still unlikely)  

I don't think turnout in Texas will be especially high, there's still a large contingent of don't care don't want politics/think about it in my life types that aren't getting energized by kamala or trumo, they are getting further disenfranchised. There will hopefully be a bump in women and minority turnout like we've seen elsewhere, but I'm not really holding my breath. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Why is that helping?

You are narrowing down their list of people to contact to GOTV. You are telling them what side you fall on. They get better data.

Just mark them as junk. Similar to IP “warming up” that internet marketing emails go through, enough people marking the sender as SPAM could have an effect on message deliveries.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

You are narrowing down their list of people to contact to GOTV. You are telling them what side you fall on. They get better data.

Just mark them as junk. Similar to IP “warming up” that internet marketing emails go through, enough people marking the sender as SPAM could have an effect on message deliveries.

Not sure they're that smart. I've replied to around 25 of those spam texts telling Cruz to F off and I still get them.

7 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Or ask them to send somebody to your door to personally convince you on why you should vote for him.

55 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

Not sure they're that smart. I've replied to around 25 of those spam texts telling Cruz to F off and I still get them.

I usually tell them to eat the dingleberries out of my asshole. If I don’t get unsubscribed, I assume they’re a closet freak 

On 10/22/2024 at 10:24 AM, texasdago said:

Noticed new "boys in girls bathroom" ads for yet another candidate.  What is it with the GQP going all in on this particular message?

Have a friend who doesn't care one bit about girls sports but he's fired up about trans issues and goes on about boys in girls sports. He sees it as the govt is pushing the woke agenda on us when life was fine before this. He won't listen to arguments that the GOP's stance is a solution looking for a problem. A few of us are confused by his passion on the topic. 

I could see that these ads are not about convincing anyone about the issue but doing everything possible to get people like my friend to vote. That's it.

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Maybe I don't have enough data points, but seems like your friend is a fucking asshole.

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

And a dumbass.

Don't disagree with these comments and since he's shifted to more outspoken opinions, I haven't gone out of my way to spend time with him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Don't disagree with these comments and since he's shifted to more outspoken opinions, I haven't gone out of my way to spend time with him. 

I understand, and have a similar situation. 

There's a guy whom I would have called a friend in the past.  His daughter and my daughter have been friends and were in school together since they were in first grade (now both college freshman), and he and I used to hang out occasionally before the pandemic (and the 2020 election).  He was always an enthusiastic Republican, one of those who, if he had the power, would raise Ronald Regan from the dead and follow him as President forever.  And he seemed to be more of a Romney Republican, on the conservative side but initially disliked Trump and the direction he was moving the party. 

But something clearly broke his brain since the 2020 election.  His Facebook posts are almost always political, and repeatedly uses the term "woke" and several other MAGA tropes, almost to the point where it looks like a Russian bot has taken over his account.  I haven't hidden his posts, because I'm somewhat fascinated to see the turn he has taken.  But it's also so shitty that I just can't consider him a "friend" anymore, and I have no desire to reconnect with him anymore.

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I understand, and have a similar situation. 

There's a guy whom I would have called a friend in the past.  His daughter and my daughter have been friends and were in school together since they were in first grade (now both college freshman), and he and I used to hang out occasionally before the pandemic (and the 2020 election).  He was always an enthusiastic Republican, one of those who, if he had the power, but raise Ronald Regan from the dead and follow him as President forever.  And he seemed to be more of a Romney Republican, on the conservative side but initially disliked Trump and the direction he was moving the party. 

But something clearly broke his brain since the 2020 election.  His Facebook posts are almost always political, and repeatedly uses the term "woke" and several other MAGA tropes, almost to the point where it looks like a Russian bot has taken over his account.  I haven't hidden his posts, because I'm somewhat fascinated to see the turn he has taken.  But it's also so shitty that I just can't consider him a "friend" anymore, and I have no desire to reconnect with him anymore.

I actually know someone else who fits your ex-friend's description 100%, and makes me wonder if it's the same person. Or there are just many of them.

• Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I actually know someone else who fits your ex-friend's description 100%, and makes me wonder if it's the same person. Or there are just many of them.

I have a friend who went to UT... used to sit next to him at football games... nice, easygoing guy... blah blah.  At one point I would see him comment on something like a Joe Biden post and he would literally lose it... "F You Joe Biden..." just rage posting.

*Click unfriend* 

14 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Could be, but yes, there are lots like this guy, I imagine.

At one point I asked my daughter if her friend shared her dad’s political views, and she looked at me with an eye-rolling “hell no” shaking of the head. 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Always ask these people to define woke. And CRT, etc.

And also ask them how big Arnold Palmer’s cock is.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

37 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Could be, but yes, there are lots like this guy, I imagine.

At one point I asked my daughter if her friend shared her dad’s political views, and she looked at me with an eye-rolling “hell no” shaking of the head. 

There's actually about 30 or so million of them. 

• Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Except the bulk of those 30 million aren't otherwise bright lawyers driving a Range Rover and living in an expensive part of Austin.  The bulk of them are like the masses you see at Buc'ee's.

He was already a dumbass if he made the decision to buy a Range Rover.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Except the bulk of those 30 million aren't otherwise bright lawyers driving a Range Rover and living in an expensive part of Austin.  The bulk of them are like the masses you see at Buc'ee's.

I thought we were going with "men" or "white men." If you want to cut it down to "succesful men" then I'll drop it down to 15 million.   

24 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I wish...WaPo published online donor locations yesterday.

75205 (highland park, dallas): Dem 600 donors, 200k donation; Rep 250 donors, 1m donated

77019 (river oaks, h-town): Dem 1200, 400k, Rep 200, 300k

Some of our neighbors in our fancy communities empower leaders who hold anti-American ideals.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/interactive/2024/trump-harris-donors-zip-code-map/?itid=mr_2

Edited by quigley
added link