Cruz vs Allred - 2024

Pancho

10 minutes ago, Captainant said:

you shoulda shoulder checked him and spilled beer on him

I couldn't spill a drink on him as I was walking into our section when I saw him, so I hadn't been able to get a drink yet. He was also standing in a corner, away from me. It would have beend hard. I also had my son with me. I did glare, however. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Reality is supposed to be fact based. Don’t dignify the magat worldview as being reality.

agreed, but conversely, you will someone on Texags saying don't dignify the libs worldview as being reality.

Voila! around and around we go.

1 minute ago, yoladu said:

agreed, but conversely, you will someone on Texags saying don't dignify the libs worldview as being reality.

Voila! around and around we go.

Okay. But the next time I see the argument that Harris will destroy democracy backed up with evidence will be the first time. The same charge levied at turnip has been supported by the content of Project 2025, turnip saying he will act as a dictator, and there will no be no need to vote in the future, etc.

Folks in the magasphere have willingly divorced themselves from reality. Over the long term, reality will crush the merry-go-round you mention.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

Former WWE wrestler Bradshaw (Sweetwater, TX) is going after Ted. 

That insipid little smile he makes and then whatever he is doing with his mouth opening and closing.  Like he's about to interrupt and retort, but before he can Allred lands another quick jab.   Or he's gasping for breath.  

And when Cruz said he doesn't control how the Texas Legislature decides on things like abortion, Allred should have pounced on that too.  If one of the two people sent to DC to represent Texas on national issues isn't aware of and can't influence politics at home, then what are they doing?   Oh yeah, podcasting and writing books for profit.  

But then Cruz has done so much wrong and so little right, there's no way anybody could get all of it in a one hour debate.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, A-Tex Devil said:

That was a fucking dog walk.  Cruz’ strategy seemed to be to get the online incels off the couch and into the voting booth at the expense of trying to sway persuadable voters.  

Will be interesting to see how that turns out. Heard this from the Texas Take podcast but they made a comment about how the TX GQP's redwall of rural counties haven't seen the increase in population and voter registrations like you have in the urban/suburbs since the last election. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

That was a fucking dog walk.  Cruz’ strategy seemed to be to get the online incels off the couch and into the voting booth at the expense of trying to sway persuadable voters.  

8 minutes ago, YChang said:

Will be interesting to see how that turns out. Heard this from the Texas Take podcast but they made a comment about how the TX GQP's redwall of rural counties haven't seen the increase in population and voter registrations like you have in the urban/suburbs since the last election. 

Let me inform you of his real strategy, which was probably a success. Ted knows that no one looking to be persuaded, or who could be persuaded, watched that debate. WHich is why he had his smarmy smile on the whole time, well, other than the fact he might not be able to turn it off. Anyway, Ted recorded some soundbites of him soudning awesome, and probably some editing of Allred saying shit he'll twist entirely, and he's going to use it to make online ads and campaign commercials that will convince idiots that he won. Done. 

• Rage+1 3

26 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

This was bizarre to me, and the Ft Worth guy hit it right on the head.

Cruz has been trying to redefine himself as a moderate, but when thrust into a debate he is incapable of being anything other than a Tea Party extremist.

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don't think he has a standing offer from University leadership. If he did he wouldn't be in my section. He'd be on the sidelines with Abbott or whatever box Hartzell watches the games from. 

He's invited by someone with tickets in our section. I don't know who the fuck that is, but I remember where his seats are...and where his secret service agents posted.

I mentioned elsewhere I saw Paxton in our section for Miss St . Someone gave him tickets, but he was wandering around by himself most of the first half where I saw him, alone and without people. Fuck that cross-eyed fuck. 

Should have shoved that fuckface down the steps.

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I would rather have 100 dudes playing girl sports and 1,000 soldiers get free transgender surgery than have one more incel shoot up a school.

But....but....the heavily armed incels and the shattered bodies of kids sprawled out in gallons and gallons of their blood IS WHAT TELLS YOU THE MAGA IS WORKING!  WHY DON'T YOU WANT TO MAGA?????

• Rage+1 1

I know a very strong tea partier who is a big Trump and Cruz backer.  Watches and listens to all that red wing media crap daily.  He called today about something else and at the end asked me I thought Cruz would lose?    He admitted Cruz looked horrible last night and felt he'd really shot himself in the foot.    And it was sincere, not some sarcastic thing like he's been known to generate to support Trump of MAGA leaners of the past.  There was almost a note of resignation in his voice.  Like he's convinced himself they had a good run, but it's inevitable that this ultra conservative movement is on its last legs for a bit.  

Finally caught the debate and I gotta say, Allred came off incredible. I've been waiting for someone to call Ted Cruz the fucking nerd-ass bitch he is live on stage. Fuck you Ted Cruz, and your grandpa munster nose. I also walked away from the debate thinking "That dude looks like my brother." Given the demographics in Texas, I imagine lots of people felt the same way.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed
  • Hook 'Em 4

It really was impressive. I saw the clips and thought that Allred had done well.

I watched the whole debate and Allred wrecked Cruz on almost every question.

Cruz landed some shots, but not better than the ones Allred landed on him immediately before and after. Allred also got several more in before the next Cruz one. 

Start to finish, that was an asskicking. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, pacman said:

Has Allred not been discussing Cruz's corrupt relationship with iHeartMedia?

I fear he isn't using it because MAGA has so normalized their corruption and grift.

Do you reckon that’s an issue that will de-energize Cruz voters?

I’ll admit I don’t typically watch commercials during games and I don’t live in Texas so this is my first real look at Texas political ads. Is transgender issues the only thing of political note in Texas right now? Did I miss when you guys got an influx that are taking over the state?

6 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

I’ll admit I don’t typically watch commercials during games and I don’t live in Texas so this is my first real look at Texas political ads. Is transgender issues the only thing of political note in Texas right now? Did I miss when you guys got an influx that are taking over the state?

It's the thing that the hateful chuds are whipped up about rn. It was CRT, then DEI, now trans people