2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

12 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

No we revolted so we (the individual) could have the freedom to make the choices that best suit our life instead of the state making those choices for us.  If you want health insurance costs to decrease you should be in favor of more choices not less.  Competition drives down prices, monopolies do not.  The government already runs a health care system.  It's called the VA.  Considering the job the government has done running it for the last two decades why would anyone think the government would be competent at running health care for everyone?

(Literally) every single law is the state making the choice for us.  

13 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

No we revolted so we (the individual) could have the freedom to make the choices that best suit our life instead of the state making those choices for us.  If you want health insurance costs to decrease you should be in favor of more choices not less.  Competition drives down prices, monopolies do not.  The government already runs a health care system.  It's called the VA.  Considering the job the government has done running it for the last two decades why would anyone think the government would be competent at running health care for everyone?

Except that's not really true, when the "monopoly" is the government.  Do you think national parks would be cheaper if they were privatized and there was competition?  No, they are dirt cheap now because the government runs them.  Every other civilized nation has public healthcare, and these are all capitalist economies and the sky didn't fall.  I know it's a totally foreign concept to you, and change is scary, but it could work here.  In my opinion, it's almost inevitable that we go to this kind of system.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

(Literally) every single law is the state making the choice for us.  

What? You mean I can't decide FOR MYSELF if wearing a seatbelt, having car insurance, paying taxes, etc. is best suited for my life?  Well shit....

The State of Texas has decided for me that I can't buy beer before noon or liquor on Sundays.  I don't recall making that decision for myself.

2 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

Love me some Pete. Having a hard time deciding between him and Warren as my preferred candidate but I haven't heard him talk yet without getting goosebumps.

Warren/Buttigieg 2020

or 

Sanders/Buttigieg 2020

then

Buttigieg/AOC 2028

Let's get it, America.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Full interview. 

Interesting thing I noticed watching this for a 2nd time. The View hosts interview Buttigieg in such a cynical, dismissive, and at times disrespectful manner, yet he maturely articulates his points so well that by the end McCain has the vapors. In 10 minutes he won them over.

If Buttigieg gets to the debates, he has a decent shot at the nomination IMO. He's the best communicator running right now. 

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

What’s his signature campaign issue? MJ legalization? 

Giving poor kids money. It's actually a unique, signature idea that is easy to understand, so it's smart on his part. Also, it's direct wealth redistribution, which is also smart.

America has a massive, growing racial wealth gap. The median white family today holds nearly 10 times the wealth of the median black family.

Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) is introducing a bill aimed at closing that gap. His idea is to give lower-income kids a sizable nest egg (nearly $50,000 in some cases) that they could use for wealth-building purchases, like a down payment on a house or college tuition.

These “opportunity accounts” would, theoretically, make sure all children have significant assets when they enter adulthood, rather than just those who grow up in wealthier homes.

49 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Giving poor kids money. It's actually a unique, signature idea that is easy to understand, so it's smart on his part. Also, it's direct wealth redistribution, which is also smart.

America has a massive, growing racial wealth gap. The median white family today holds nearly 10 times the wealth of the median black family.

Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) is introducing a bill aimed at closing that gap. His idea is to give lower-income kids a sizable nest egg (nearly $50,000 in some cases) that they could use for wealth-building purchases, like a down payment on a house or college tuition.

These “opportunity accounts” would, theoretically, make sure all children have significant assets when they enter adulthood, rather than just those who grow up in wealthier homes.

Can't wait for Schultz to chime in how we can't afford this.

America under Howard Schultz:

anigif_enhanced-9644-1443017042-3.gif

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

BOTH SIDDEEEESSSS

It’s just an illustration of the double standard.  Trump can openly challenge Warren to a DNA test and no one gets offended by the inappropriateness of it.  It’s incredibly offensive and racist but there are no political consequences for Trump, he can continue to press Warren for a DNA test for eternity and perpetuate the uncertainty of Warren’s integrity.

It’s birtherism or Hillary’s missing emails all over again.

This leaves Warren with a few options, ignore it completely and allow Trump to continue to use the issue as a weapon to discredit her or completely disarm Trump by taking a DNA test with the consequence of being left with some egg on her face for sinking to Trump’s level.

The DNA test was a strategic decision in a lose-lose scenario.  Yeah, she took a self inflicted wound and it looks foolish but that’s because people don’t see the alternative world where Trump continues to beat her to death on the issue.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s just an illustration of the double standard.  Trump can openly challenge Warren to a DNA test and no one gets offended by the inappropriateness of it.  It’s incredibly offensive and racist but there are no political consequences for Trump, he can continue to press Warren for a DNA test for eternity and perpetuate the uncertainty of Warren’s integrity.

It’s birtherism or Hillary’s missing emails all over again.

This leaves Warren with a few options, ignore it completely and allow Trump to continue to use the issue as a weapon to discredit her or completely disarm Trump by taking a DNA test with the consequence of being left with some egg on her face for sinking to Trump’s level.

The DNA test was a strategic decision in a lose-lose scenario.  Yeah, she took a self inflicted wound and it looks foolish but that’s because people don’t see the alternative world where Trump continues to beat her to death on the issue.

"I couldn't agree more!"

17SPOKANE2-facebookJumbo.jpg

• Like 1