2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

7 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

"Asset" is probably overstating it, but they're at minimum useful idiots, and that could fall within the definition of intelligence asset. 

Useful idiot, asset, agent.  It does not matter which one you choose because the consequence of each is the same.  A useful idiot has more plausible deniability because they’re idiots but they’re still unwittingly working on behalf of an adversary.  

As much public education we’ve had on Russia’s goals, tactics, and strategy, no one running for President or any other office should get the luxury of the useful idiot label. They’re assets. 

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Useful idiot, asset, agent.  It does not matter which one you choose because the consequence of each is the same.  A useful idiot has more plausible deniability because they’re idiots but they’re still unwittingly working on behalf of an adversary.  

As much public education we’ve had on Russia’s goals, tactics, and strategy, no one running for President or any other office should get the luxury of the useful idiot label. They’re assets. 

Merlin_158198.jpg?uuid=D1tRAJRuEeW15CebR

Considering Bernie has been running for this for 6 years and Warren just over 9 months, maybe its more a name recognition thing than agreement to platform planks.  Particularly since Bernie and Warren have quite a few similar ideas and running points, like wealth disparity.
Psssssst, this is the Pete thread

I would be curious to know the harshest thing Stein, Gabbard, and Trump each ever said about Putin/Puntin's Russia.

If you're going to be anti-imperialist, be consistent. Russia supports separatists in Ukraine, supports Syria/Assad purely for a foothold and naval base in the middle east, and is still meddling around in old unspellable Soviet backwaters like Kyrgyzstan. 

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Yang & Sanders are the people's candidates.

Buttigieg and Warren are the candidates for the monied. (mainly Buttigieg)

Not surprising that librarians support Warren over Sanders because they’re mostly dumb women. I’m going to go down to the public library and yell at the lady behind the desk until she donates to Bernie. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, texastough said:

Don’t forget that Trump got played in Venezuela too giving Putin a footprint in the Americas

Under Trump, we have been worked in North Korea, China, Iran, Syria, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, and Israel.

It’s a breathtaking global trail of failure. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Are you counting these voters by income or education? Because Hillary won the ‘people’ according to income. 

Yes, she did, and Bernie will win them by an even larger margin. In fact, he will bring in many who stayed out because they (rightfully) hated Trump and Clinton.

The class Trump dominated was old whites, and he will dominate there again in 2020. Any candidate who cannot activate the working classes and minorities is not worth considering to defeat Trump.

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Under Trump, we have been worked in North Korea, China, Iran, Syria, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, and Israel.

It’s a breathtaking global trail of failure. 

When I think of global failure, I think of the Battle of Verdun, Spanish Influenza. Armenian Massacre, and Hemingway's impossibly terse non-rambling-alcoholic prose.

Our current failures are like the mini-sized GI Joe Action Figure vs the 11 1/2" tall Fully-clothed GI Joe of yore.

5 hours ago, bad_teammate said:
5 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:
Considering Bernie has been running for this for 6 years and Warren just over 9 months, maybe its more a name recognition thing than agreement to platform planks.  Particularly since Bernie and Warren have quite a few similar ideas and running points, like wealth disparity.

Let's see how often YOU talked about Pete in Pete's thread......

On 10/17/2019 at 11:51 AM, bad_teammate said:

The guy with more money, donors, and volunteers than anyone else is dead. DEAD lol

It's all good. :)

To enact progressive change we are going to need a large coalition and a motivated base and POC are the most important base the Democrats have. Nothing will get done by a coalition that is just white professionals making $100k+. The numbers aren't there and I am responding to someone talking as if they only care about pragmatic accomplishments and GETTING THINGS DONE.

8 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Hillary is an idiot and she should stop talking. Neither Jill Stein nor Tulsi are Russian assets. This is Glenn Beck blackboard insanity for dumb liberals.

8 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Yes, she went to the RT 10th anniversary gala and Putin came briefly to her table and never spoke to her.

wow

lol

7 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I agree that she sucks. I don't like or care about Tulsi at all. The idea that she's a "Russian asset" is stupid on its face. Neither her nor Stein are being paid or directed by the Russians. Neither of them is receiving manila envelopes in a parking garage at 3AM. It is InfoWars for NPR listeners.

Thank you, Hugo, for providing a picture of the event I described with words. It's a pleasure working with you on multi-modal informational text.

7 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Merlin_158198.jpg?uuid=D1tRAJRuEeW15CebR

6 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Hillary sucks.

Tulsi sucks, but not as much as Hillary.

lol this is hilarious

6 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Yang & Sanders are the people's candidates.

Buttigieg and Warren are the candidates for the monied. (mainly Buttigieg)

5 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

The type of clergy who is going to donate to a Dem candidate looooves them some gay men who gently and vaguely murmur about faith.

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't think that goes the direction you think.

Bernie is strong with the voters we need.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/exit-polls-who-voted-for-trump-clinton-2016-11

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Yes, she did, and Bernie will win them by an even larger margin. In fact, he will bring in many who stayed out because they (rightfully) hated Trump and Clinton.

The class Trump dominated was old whites, and he will dominate there again in 2020. Any candidate who cannot activate the working classes and minorities is not worth considering to defeat Trump.

you shut your god damn mouth

Liking Hemingway is a lonely place to be 

:(

Castro, of course, was right. We all know this.

About 2.  But you chastise me for talking about Bernie and Warren when it was you who posted the graphs i was responding to. 

50 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I don't know how legit  the Lincoln's Bible Twitter account is, but he is a very long thread outlining Zuckerberg, Facebook, and Russia. Much of that has been discussed elsewhere on Surly, including its own thread, but the social media interference is substantial.

Not going to read it, but here's my conclusion: Nationalize Facebook

Is it just me or is anyone else amazed at how many Russian twitter bots are liking Tulsi’s response to Hillary’s allegation that Tulsi is a Russian asset?

234k likes is kind of a lot. Putin must be selling the house to pay off Russian troll farms.

This is a good point regarding Tulsi and I’ve often wondered the answer to the same question:

Lolz- now put Trump and Sanders head to head with the same groups.

This. Easily-swayed populist masses FTW!
I don't think that goes the direction you think.

Bernie is strong with the voters we need.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/exit-polls-who-voted-for-trump-clinton-2016-11

Read it again. Trump owns the uneducated working class. They are mostly GOP voters now.

When I think of global failure, I think of the Battle of Verdun, Spanish Influenza. Armenian Massacre, and Hemingway's impossibly terse non-rambling-alcoholic prose.
Our current failures are like the mini-sized GI Joe Action Figure vs the 11 1/2" tall Fully-clothed GI Joe of yore.

you shut your god damn mouth

And....fuck you RD for making me agree with BT.
Isn’t it pretty to think so?

44 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Trump owns the uneducated working class. They are mostly GOP voters now.

You're conflating the education numbers with the income numbers. Those aren't the same thing.

Non-voters in 2016:
- Non-white
- Under $50k/yr
- Under 30

Hillary won the under-$50k by a wide margin.

Democrats have spent a couple/few decades ignoring their base and chasing after Republican voters on the margins (whites in suburbs with money, basically). The demographic reality of America is that we should have a fairly dominant left-center, but we don't, because we ignore this massive pool of non-voters who are strong majority Democratic-available.

I wasn’t born wealthy like *checks notes* .....none of the top 5.  Scranton Joe, poor Okie Liz, Bernie, middle class Pete, daughter of immigrants and a single mom Harris. A dumb argument of generational wealth there.