RFK Jr. off the chain and off his rocker

Satchel

19 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

There were only a few millionaires/billionaires that were putting up something like 90% or more of RFK's donations/PAC funding.

• Timothy Mellon - $25 million
  • Gavin De Becker - $14 million
  • Nicole Shanahan - $4.5 million (RFK's running mate)

From there, the donations drop down below $1 million and into the hundreds of thousands. I was surprised at how much he had received, yet surprised at how few donors there were.

I am disappointed in Gavin deBecker, who I thought was an intelligent and serious person.  I still plan to have my daughters read “The Gift of Fear” when they are old enough. (Central thesis: If a woman is creeped out by a man she doesn’t owe him anything and should trust her judgment and not second guess). 

I read his son died of leukemia during the pandemic and that likely really messed him up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.gregpalast.com/i-was-on-the-phone-with-rfk-jr-when-he-lost-his-mind/

I was on the phone with RFK Jr.
When he lost his mind
My friend’s brain decayed in front of my eyes

This is painful.  This is horrible and feels a bit like a betrayal.  But I have no choice.  Bobby Kennedy Jr. was my friend and co-author.  We wrote stories together for Rolling Stone.  Bobby introduced my New York Times bestseller and wrote a chapter for Billionaires and Ballot Bandits.  And, with Jesse Jackson, we co-authored the Number 1 selling adult single issue comic book of all time, Steal Back Your Vote.

kennedy_greg-friends.jpeg

But then, Bobby lost his mind.

It was truly scary.  In 2012, Bobby had arranged a press conference about the Deepwater Horizon explosion. Eleven oil rig workers were incinerated in the blow-out of a British Petroleum drilling rig in the Gulf of Mexico.

The Palast investigations team discovered that, 17 months before that oil rig blew out in the Gulf, British Petroleum suffered an identical blow-out in the Caspian Sea.  The oil company—with the connivance of then-Sec. of State Condoleeza Rice—covered it up.

It was a hell of a story, which I broadcast on prime time in Britain and Europe.  I wrote a book about it, Vultures’ Picnic.

Here’s where Bobby comes in—and it gets weird.  On the second anniversary of the blow-out, Bobby, a professor of environmental law, arranged for a major press conference to expose this story of BP’s blood-encrusted perfidy.

But then, Bobby cancelled the press conference, saying he heard the story had been told previously.  Well, yes it had. You told it.  Bobby, I was on the radio with you for an hour discussing the blow-out and its cover-up.  Bobby had a national radio/TV show, Ring of Fire.  He reviewed my book about the story.  And strangest of all, Bobby was on my Democracy Now! Report about the blow-out.    That Bobby had forgotten all these things was frightening—as if Leonardo DiCaprio had forgotten he was in a film about the Titanic.

Our investigator Leni Badpenny was listening in and she began making frantic cut-off gestures, to end a call with him. End it now!  “Something’s wrong with him, or he’s just a jerk.  I don’t know.  But something’s really wrong and you don’t want your reputation destroyed by standing next to him when it goes wrong in public.  Promise me we will never work with him, never see him again.  I think he’s dangerous.  I really do.”

This was difficult for her to say as she never got over being a bit star-struck in his presence.  “Look,” she said, “I’m just a little kid from the Swiss Alps and I got to tell my dad I just had dinner with a Kennedy!”

But she insisted, “Stay away from him. He’s become untrustworthy and he’s getting crazier and crazier.”

This was not the first incident.   Bobby was a strong guy in his late fifties talking like a 92-year-old in a nursing home trying to remember his first date.

Since then, we’ve found out that Bobby had a worm in his brain—a real, live physical critter that somehow got inside his skull.  I’m not sure about the connection because I’m not a brain surgeon and I don’t speak worm.

That year, 2012, his wife, Mary Kennedy, after a call to him, hung herself.  That could mess with anyone’s head—but in this case, the New York tabloids were blaming her suicide on him, a cruel and unjustified attack that had to make it an even heavier psychological burden.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

17 hours ago, Mittens said:

This is interesting, becuase if memory serves Billy's wife is one of the members of Wilson Phillips, and they've been arried for decades, but she's a hardcore religious evangelical and a Trumper. 

• Rage+1 1

18 hours ago, Mittens said:

Thank god Billy let us all know and the country can now confidently plot a path forward in this election cycle with a firm understanding to the burning question of "what would Billy Baldwin do."

• Haha 3

Holy shit.  It's real.  This fucking insane idiotic pile of fucking shit actually believes in fucking chemtrails.

If stupidity was energy, the United States would be lit up like a christmas tree year round for free.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Holy shit.  It's real.  This fucking insane idiotic pile of fucking shit actually believes in fucking chemtrails.

If stupidity was energy, the United States would be lit up like a christmas tree year round for free.

Because of course he does. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Because of course he does. 

Because also, clearly, we had a secret chemtrail program to kill Germans back in WWII!  LOOK!  I have PROOF!  These were obviously weapons, and not contrails and condensation!

wwll-contrails_1b.jpg

The only answer to the question of "how dumb do you have to be to believe in chemtrails?" is "all the dumb.  All of it."

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

giMeyjYXHGLltxO-1600x900-noPad.jpg?15552

I once had an HVAC guy tell me he needed to clean out the condensate line with nitrogen and made it sound very technical.  "Oh, you mean compressed air?"  Asshole.  

• Haha 6

19 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Compressed air isn’t nitrogen. Well, not all of it. 

Same peeve as calling a scuba tank an oxygen tank instead of an air tank. 

This guy was gonna use his air compressor, trust me, and yes I know the difference.  

1 minute ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I've driven over this bridge a few hundred times in my life. Does that make me gay? 

642125127f832f004024f6c2084d05d1.jpg

I’ve eaten my weight a few times over in crabs caught under that bridge. I’m pretty sure that’s going to take a few years off my life

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

So we aren't going to talk about RFK Jr hearing about a beached whale, driving the fam 5 hours down to the beach in the minivan, chainsawing off the head, strapping it to the top of the minivan, and driving home while his family wore plastic bags on their heads to keep the whale juice off them?  

I mean this is fucking wild.  RFK Jr drove a minivan.

Was it a Kia Carnival?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, A-Tex Devil said:

So we aren't going to talk about RFK Jr hearing about a beached whale, driving the fam 5 hours down to the beach in the minivan, chainsawing off the head, strapping it to the top of the minivan, and driving home while his family wore plastic bags on their heads to keep the whale juice off them?  

what story is going to come out next week? I mean, we keep hearing about all this baby eating and every accusation is a confession with this lunatics

2 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

IMG_0162.png

• Haha 7