RFK Jr. off the chain and off his rocker

Satchel

4 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Is it a conventional wisdom that we want RFK on the ballot? Seems to me he more likely to pull votes from MAGAs which can help defeat Trump.

Yes. Doesn’t really matter in New York, but the blue wall, TX, NC, AZ/NV, GA

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

When do ballots get "printed" (fixed with no dropping off)?

Early voting starts in late September in some states. I know Illinois starts 40 days before Election Day 

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The more states he drops off, the more likely he is to drop out and endorse Trump. So I'm not sure this is great news. 

"The deep state got me, Donald Trump fights the deep state!"

Yeah but the RFK nutters hate Trump for claiming credit for the vaccines.  A lot of Qanon types latched on to RFK after Trump let them down (or betrayed them depending on who you ask).  I could see a lot of them staying home.  

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The more states he drops off, the more likely he is to drop out and endorse Trump. So I'm not sure this is great news. 

"The deep state got me, Donald Trump fights the deep state!"

Yes. Better to have him on the ballot. 

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah but the RFK nutters hate Trump for claiming credit for the vaccines.  A lot of Qanon types latched on to RFK after Trump let them down (or betrayed them depending on who you ask).  I could see a lot of them staying home.  

People get desperate closer to elections. They might get out and vote for Trump if RFK bids them. And if RFK is on the ballot we know they'll vote for him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

He could play the same role that Ross Perot did.   

RFK voters were never going to turn out for Kamala Harris.

At this point in time, there is nobody on the fence between Harris and RFK.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3

In a surprise to no one, the RFK Jr. campaign will soon fold. They had $3.5m in cash at the end of July and basically that amount in outstanding debt. He’s reasonating with no one.

of course he will be dumb enough to believe Trump in terms of a cabinet position in exchange for an endorsement. And perhaps Trump would even go thru with that appointment.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, chainsaw said:

He's still on the ballot. I hope he stays in the race because he pulls a lot of the crazy vote away from Trump.

Yep. Believe he’s already on the ballot in NC and MI. Unsure if he made the other battleground states. I suppose his endorsement might net Trump a handful of votes but unlikely it moves the needle much. Not that it counts but perhaps Trump gets a few 100 thousand more popular votes.

He's a loon and a nonfactor. Whatever support he garnered the last few months was on loan from trump's base anyway. He will take a check from Trump's backers and give donnie his unequivocal support. Which is strange because RFK's entire career has been focused on  environmental issues. 

Over four years, the Trump administration dismantled major climate policies and rolled back many more rules governing clean air, water, wildlife and toxic chemicals.

In all, a New York Times analysis, based on research from Harvard Law School, Columbia Law School and other sources, counts nearly 100 environmental rules officially reversed, revoked or otherwise rolled back under Mr. Trump. More than a dozen other potential rollbacks remained in progress by the end but were not finalized by the end of the administration’s term.

“This is a very aggressive attempt to rewrite our laws and reinterpret the meaning of environmental protections,” said Hana V. Vizcarra, a staff attorney at Harvard’s Environmental and Energy Law Program who has tracked the policy changes since 2018. “This administration is leaving a truly unprecedented legacy.”

Lord knows what Trump will do if he gets back  in office. Probably shut down the EPA. Its almost as if RFK is just another stupid fuck who stands for nothing other than trying to grift money off of other stupid fucks. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 5

The brain wormed cunt is expected to drop out this week and shocker...endorse Trump. So all you stupid 3rd party morons got hoodwinked by another charlatan. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=113028999

RFK Jr. plans to drop out of presidential race by end of week: Sources

Sources say Kennedy is leaning toward endorsing former President Trump.

By

Aaron Katersky, Will McDuffie, Olivia Rubin, and Katherine Faulders

August 21, 2024, 1:45 PM

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. recently s...Show More

Robert Kennedy Jr. is planning to drop out of the presidential race by the end of this week, sources familiar with the decision tell ABC News.

Sources say Kennedy is leaning toward endorsing former President Donald Trump, though the sources cautioned the decision is not yet finalized and could still change, with one source adding Kennedy's hope is in part to finalize things quickly in order to try to blunt momentum from the DNC.

MORE: RFK Jr. says he has 'no plans to endorse' Harris after he recently tried to set up meeting with her

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

• Hook 'Em 2

A couple weeks ago, I was sure that his inevitable dropout would help Trump. Now, I'm not so sure. Lot of trying to be edgy, look at me go against the grain types among his supporters, not just truly committed conspiracy whack jobs. Now they have to ask themselves if they're really going to vote for Trump when they probably didn't in 2020 either.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

A couple weeks ago, I was sure that his inevitable dropout would help Trump. Now, I'm not so sure. Lot of trying to be edgy, look at me go against the grain types among his supporters, not just truly committed conspiracy whack jobs. Now they have to ask themselves if they're really going to vote for Trump when they probably didn't in 2020 either.

There was polling that showed he pulled roughly the same from Harris and Trump. He’s at 5% and falling fast. This won’t move the needle at all - it probably hurts Trump more, bc he is already on the ballot in a bunch of swing states 

Edited by Js1

More proof that the American polling industry is DEAD. How the fuck is RFK getting 15% and more in these polls? Who the fuck is taking him seriously? He wasn't getting 5% of the vote even if he stayed in 

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I've always thought that true believers in a candidate will not blindly follow the endorsement from said candidate who's quitting. Some may jump to Trump but It's also conceivable that those supporters will feel betrayed. They didn't exactly expect RFK Jr. to win but rather they wanted the attention their candidate brought to a cause.

Trump will attempt to walk a fine line of attracting RFK Jr's wacko supporters without alienating his (Trump's) own wacko supporters.

I also suspect the timing of this was decided a couple of weeks ago. Just like how Biden-to-Harris shift occurred right out of the RNC, Trump looks to be attempting a similar misdirection with RFK Jr. immediately following the DNC. Today's announcement is also a tease to divert attention from the DNC.

10 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I'm sure there's plenty of unreleased oppo on RFK Jr. as well. Just dump it all after the Trump endorsement. 

Or just put him in front of a camera and let him ramble like Trump so folks can see the idiocy.

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, tx ind said:

Or just put him in front of a camera and let him ramble like Trump so folks can see the idiocy.

Joint press conference. When they say something stupid go with a soundtrack of VICE PRESIDENT Harris's laugh.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

29 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I mean, he's a nut job with brainworms.  I view it as more ammo for Kamala's campaign.  Donald Trump is going to appoint a man with brain worms to "run" some aspect of your federal government.  Is that what you really want, non-zealot voter?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

those supporters will feel betrayed. They didn't exactly expect RFK Jr. to win but rather they wanted the attention their candidate brought to a cause.

This is my anti-vaxx sister.  She's far left, but I don't know if she will vote for Harris after RFK is gone.  I can't see her voting for dotard, but she's also nuts, so who knows.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

Sources say Kennedy is leaning toward endorsing former President Donald Trump, though the sources cautioned the decision is not yet finalized and could still change, with one source adding Kennedy's hope is in part to finalize things quickly in order to try to blunt momentum from the DNC.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I've always thought that true believers in a candidate will not blindly follow the endorsement from said candidate who's quitting. Some may jump to Trump but It's also conceivable that those supporters will feel betrayed. They didn't exactly expect RFK Jr. to win but rather they wanted the attention their candidate brought to a cause.

Trump will attempt to walk a fine line of attracting RFK Jr's wacko supporters without alienating his (Trump's) own wacko supporters.

The amusing thing is that RFK supporters hate vaccines with a passion, and Trump still likes to brag about creating the COVID vaccine so quickly, as well as bitching about not getting enough credit for the COVID vaccine because Sleepy Joe gets all the credit.

I know of a few RFK supporters and they get pissed when I tell them RFK is going to support Trump and then send them clips of Trump whining about not getting credit for the COVID vaccine.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

More proof that the American polling industry is DEAD. How the fuck is RFK getting 15% and more in these polls? Who the fuck is taking him seriously? He wasn't getting 5% of the vote even if he stayed in 

Because a lot of dumbasses answer "unknown caller" or "potential spam" phone calls.

• Like 1

So the GOP is literally, and it's literally in their fucking playbook, trying to make it harder to vote by moving voting locations, reducing the amount of them in certain areas etc., but it's the Democrats that are the problem?

910i3j.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1