Tell me about ou

Texas007

In a Facebook group chat we were all challenged to say something nice about our rival, so here it goes:

While yes, "OU SUCKS!" and Norman is a shithole and for some reason known only to God they chose to have a paperclip as their logo, the campus is actually very pretty. Also, OU has an outstanding softball program having now won 4 straight national titles(still salty that the last one came at UT's expense, but I digress) and that's not easy to accomplish. They're the Penn State wrestling(they also won 4 straight nattys recently) of softball.

The majority of OU folks are genuinely good people. @Constant @ChiTownDoc and @Pdawg88 are good OU dudes, they just like to troll. Unlike aggy, I have never met an OU fan, student or alum that I couldn't get along with or find common ground. Hell, I've got a lot of friends that are from Oklahoma and/or attended OU. Also, unlike the aggys, Sooner fans are well aware of when their team is red hot and when they're dogshit(see 2022). One of my best friends from Oklahoma will gloat whenever they beat us, but will also accept defeat like a man whenever we beat them. In 2022 after the shut out he called me and said, "go ahead and laugh... This is Texas' moment. I know OU is horrible this year..." Last season he was shocked that they won and was speechless, but still wished us luck and hoped we'd rematch in the Big 12 championship. LOL when I asked who he was "rooting" for in last year's CCG he and a few other OU friends of mine said, "hell I'm all Texas today. Would rather see you guys win it over little brother."  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

In a Facebook group chat we were all challenged to say something nice about our rival, so here it goes:

While yes, "OU SUCKS!" and Norman is a shithole and for some reason known only to God they chose to have a paperclip as their logo, the campus is actually very pretty. Also, OU has an outstanding softball program having now won 4 straight national titles(still salty that the last one came at UT's expense, but I digress) and that's not easy to accomplish. They're the Penn State wrestling(they also won 4 straight nattys recently) of softball.

The majority of OU folks are genuinely good people. @Constant @ChiTownDoc and @Pdawg88 are good OU dudes, they just like to troll. Unlike aggy, I have never met an OU fan, student or alum that I couldn't get along with or find common ground. Hell, I've got a lot of friends that are from Oklahoma and/or attended OU. Also, unlike the aggys, Sooner fans are well aware of when their team is red hot and when they're dogshit(see 2022). One of my best friends from Oklahoma will gloat whenever they beat us, but will also accept defeat like a man whenever we beat them. In 2022 after the shut out he called me and said, "go ahead and laugh... This is Texas' moment. I know OU is horrible this year..." Last season he was shocked that they won and was speechless, but still wished us luck and hoped we'd rematch in the Big 12 championship. LOL when I asked who he was "rooting" for in last year's CCG he and a few other OU friends of mine said, "hell I'm all Texas today. Would rather see you guys win it over little brother."  

Obviously I probably work a lot more with the ‘enemy’ than most Sooners but that all checks out.  Especially when you end up with people ‘higher up’ in any industry.  Especially at UT, where many of the more academic types don’t give a single fuck about sports.  

I won’t name the PE group but there’s one in healthcare run by a couple aggies and we had a deal we were working for a physician group in Texas.  Well most of our team and all of the PE group we are under are NE types who barely give a shit about college football.  

aggy 10-15 min ice breaker was spent talking aggy football and ‘tu’ / Jimbo etc.  Zero reading of the room as nobody had a clue about wtf they were saying.  Finally the partner from our PE group, an ivy grad, just said ‘yeah I hear football is a big deal down there’ and jumped into the slides.  Needless to say, no deal and he ended it with ‘well that was something else’.  

I didn’t want to get into the ‘that’s aggy for you’ thing because even acknowledging you know those weirdos exist was a red flag that day. 

/csb

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, statsman said:

Counter programming, a QB with real talent, who got the hell out of OU when he could. He is on record as saying he wouldn’t let his girlfriend come to the players’ dorm, because of the danger there. 

He had a second chance to play for Switzer, in Dallas. Famously, he had no respect for Switzer, as a coach or man. 

IMG_3302.jpeg

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

The majority of OU folks are genuinely good people. 

I genuinely disagree with this. I liken them to Baylor fans. If your entire fanbase, athletic department and administration turns a blind eye to violence against women for football wins, you’re a shitty human being. Bob Stoops front and center. And those with daughters? 

And then there’s the cheating. In fact, blowu fans have ignored that every title they’ve ever won was dirty. Win at all costs. Several of their “title” years they couldn’t go to a bowl game because they were on probation for cheating. Because their home is so shitty they’ve always needed some source of pride. Goes back to Bud Wilkin$on and his literal bags of cash, Barry $witzer and Bob $toops. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

I think I’m different than most OU fans. I don’t hate Texas at all, probably more the of the opposite. I appreciate them. Beautiful campus, in a beautiful town. The way the people  in the state of Texas has more state pride than the people of Oklahoma is cool as shit to me. Now don’t get me wrong, you boys have some faults. Y’all are a bit conceited for a team that doesn’t win as much as you think you do. But again I respect Texas and love the rivalry. 

Edited by Pdawg88
  • Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, Scholz said:

You’re welcome, illiterate.

Maybe, but you are still a little bitch. I’ve tried to be cool with you, but no matter what you have to keep being a little bitch. Like I said earlier, you go your way and I’ll go mine. Do you want your friends to see what drunk Scholz sends to random people? I think not. This isn’t a fight you want, let’s just move on bud! 

2 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

Maybe, but you are still a little bitch. I’ve tried to be cool with you, but no matter what you have to keep being a little bitch. Like I said earlier, you go your way and I’ll go mine. Do you want your friends to see what drunk Scholz sends to random people? I think not. This isn’t a fight you want, let’s just move on bud! 

Post whatever you want, pussy. That’s what I called you then and that’s what you still are. 😂 

Post on the Longhorn site and you’ll deal with Longhorns who don’t like shitty human being blowu fans. Weird concept I know.

2 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Post whatever you want, pussy. That’s what I called you then and that’s what you still are. 😂 

Post on the Longhorn site and you’ll deal with Longhorns who don’t like shitty human being blowu fans. Weird concept I know.

I don’t have a problem with any other Longhorn. It’s just you. I feel like you need to talk to someone, maybe lay on a couch for an hour or so. Cry, get it out. You seem like an angry little elf. It’s not your fault! It’s not your fault! 

Just now, Pdawg88 said:

I don’t have a problem with any other Longhorn. It’s just you. I feel like you need to talk to someone, maybe lay on a couch for an hour or so. Cry, get it out. You seem like an angry little elf. It’s not your fault! It’s not your fault! 

Cool. I have a problem with shitty human beings. Good talk thanks.

4 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

I have no problem with him. I would buy that guy a beer any time. He’s the angry bird. 

Yes. If you bought me a beer, would you continue to call me the following, liar? Of course you wouldn’t.

”asshole...  dumb... a total douche... cupcake... little bitch… sweetie pie…”

3 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Yes. If you bought me a beer, would you continue to call me the following, liar? Of course you wouldn’t.

Mr Scholz, I will say this for the last time. I HAVE NO FUCKING PROBLEM WITH YOU! Jesus fucking Christ man. And what kind of beer do you like? 

Edited by Pdawg88

11 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Our friend Les owns some bars down there.  I‘m sure picking the right venue takes care of that lol.  Maybe a certain weekend in October!

Shit I’ll be in Dallas tonight.

58 minutes ago, Scholz said:

He might not

but I would.

IMG_2829.jpeg.a8aa3802f655b79d149144e96c791fbe.jpegIMG_2828.thumb.jpeg.a70155b0fd18cbb70908d3aecef0b1de.jpegIMG_2827.jpeg.114eeae6938cb42763b31fd37d38a4ff.jpegIMG_2826.jpeg.3b718371a5e3937dfbdc323a9e3bd730.jpeg

Andre Woolfolk

The talent is a little thin at #17, but that shouldn’t take away from an extremely talented player in Woolfolk.  Woolfolk was a talented receiver his first three seasons at Oklahoma, amassing 59 receptions for 877 yards.  Being the consummate team player, Woolfolk was asked to move to defense his senior year. Woolfolk moved to defensive back and excelled at that position as well

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

IMG_2829.jpeg.a8aa3802f655b79d149144e96c791fbe.jpegIMG_2828.thumb.jpeg.a70155b0fd18cbb70908d3aecef0b1de.jpegIMG_2827.jpeg.114eeae6938cb42763b31fd37d38a4ff.jpegIMG_2826.jpeg.3b718371a5e3937dfbdc323a9e3bd730.jpeg

Andre Woolfolk

The talent is a little thin at #17, but that shouldn’t take away from an extremely talented player in Woolfolk.  Woolfolk was a talented receiver his first three seasons at Oklahoma, amassing 59 receptions for 877 yards.  Being the consummate team player, Woolfolk was asked to move to defense his senior year. Woolfolk moved to defensive back and excelled at that position as well

Oh JFC. 

Ah yes, the greatest draft bust of all time at the 28 slot!

In 2021, The New York Times named Woolfolk the biggest draft bust ever chosen with the 28th overall pick.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/2527738/2021/04/23/the-ultimate-nfl-draft-bust-round-from-ryan-leaf-to-johnny-manziel-the-worst-picks-ever-at-each-slot/

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

Ah yes, the greatest draft bust of all time at the 28 slot!

In 2021, The New York Times named Woolfolk the biggest draft bust ever chosen with the 28th overall pick.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/2527738/2021/04/23/the-ultimate-nfl-draft-bust-round-from-ryan-leaf-to-johnny-manziel-the-worst-picks-ever-at-each-slot/

This is how it’s done.  

I'm gruntled by recent activity in this thread, lol. On the topic, I can confirm working in a highly educated professional office, the OU grads are not all that obnoxious about the Bedlam rivalry, including the guy whose entire office decor is ou posters and whose ring tone is boomer sooner. It's the ones who wear ou gear every minute of every day who have never even sniffed a community college application who are the absolute worst, not sure you have many of them in Texas. These are people who literally think that anyone who attended OSU simply "couldn't get into" ou, and who think of it as some lofty institution . . . because of the football team. I've had that question posted to me several times "well how come you couldn't get into ou?" The irony is if these people were raised in Texas, they'd probably gravitate to aggy and use the term t-sip about the elitist institution (I recall some old timers saying they used to call ou the t-sippers, thank goodness that never caught on, have literally never heard it irl). The people invest their entire ego and self-identity in that shit. The ou homer media is annoying too, I sometimes tune in after an ou loss, just for a few minutes, to soak in the meltdowns. Anyway, Venebles sucks, hope he gets a lifetime contract. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

...It's the ones who wear ou gear every minute of every day who have never even sniffed a community college application who are the absolute worst... 

I would submit the worst ones are all of them, the sooner trash who overlook violence against women for wins.  They're garbage humans just like Baylor fans.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, msucolt45 said:

I didn’t know until a couple weeks ago why Pdawg was ahead of us by a day, as they open their season on Friday night. Sucks for OK HS football, but TV dictates stuff these days.

Hook’em!!!

Sold my tickets to the game today. My son starts his senior year that night. It was a really stupid decision by the school. Busch league move if you ask my opinion. 

11 hours ago, Pdawg88 said:

Sold my tickets to the game today. My son starts his senior year that night. It was a really stupid decision by the school. Busch league move if you ask my opinion. 

What is your problem with beer leagues, sir?

That Friday night game will be the beginning of the end for a one Stanley Drayton. Temple looks like a bottom 15 G5 team this year. 

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

What is your problem with beer leagues, sir?

That Friday night game will be the beginning of the end for a one Stanley Drayton. Temple looks like a bottom 15 G5 team this year. 

This is something that SMU or Iowa state should do. I get it that more people will watch it but if you are a blue blood you shouldn’t firing out Friday night specials. Reminds me of okie lite playing on Thursdays. 

Edited by Pdawg88

10 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

This is something that SMU or Iowa state should do. I get it that more people will watch it but if you are a blue blood you shouldn’t firing out Friday night specials. Reminds me of okie lite playing on Thursdays. 

At least no one can complain about it being at 11. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JMFP said:

At least no one can complain about it being at 11. 

My liver is not going to be a fan of these start times. Could get dark this year too with wins and losses, I see a ton of booze in my future. 

IMG_2840.webp.2317547da9b2b7e951bda2911e4438df.webpIMG_2841.thumb.webp.236b0f94364e1d1d06370e6cc8744d9d.webpIMG_2839.jpeg.39e3d382bcd770de8aa38d8addd267ba.jpeg

Eddie Crowder

Crowder was another of the many All-America players at Oklahoma.  The lightning-quick Crowder gained All-American honors in 1952.  Crowder started at quarterback and safety in 1951 and 1952.  In 1951 Crowder completed 51 passes while throwing but one interception.  While playing a supporting role, Crowder was also a member of Oklahoma’s first national championship team in 1950.

Honestly I have no clue who this guy is, but google tells me he’s the best #16 at OU. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/13/2024 at 11:53 AM, Scholz said:

I would submit the worst ones are all of them, the sooner trash who overlook violence against women for wins.  They're garbage humans just like Baylor fans.

Listen super white guy…Brendan Christian and Ashton Jones think you’re a pasty faget. UT royalty and my boys.  Here w me now. And so you can talk some shit about me and my girls...  Enjoy the video. Dad’s bday.  Come get it.  

• Haha 2