Tell me about ou

Texas007

2 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

If that's Billy Bowman, I really do think he'd overrated. Not because he's at ou, but because he didn't reach the height I thought he would. Good player, but not great by any means (not that you or anybody else said so). 

It is him for sure. I remember watching the game and feeling bad for him when it happened. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm curious what our resident sooners think, but the general offseason tone from the OU guys I listen to or read is basically just uncertainty. I think most of that pivots around the OL and Arnold. Almost every sooner appears to really believe that their defense is going to be elite. I don't really understand that logic. The safeties and Stutsman, sure. The CBs are a mess, the DL looks like a mess, and the other backers aren't scaring anyone. It seems more about "Trust Brent Venables on defense" and I can understand a certain logic to that. 

Venables is an interesting person to follow. The sooners basically packed his bags for him when he left Norman the first time. I didn't think he was particularly the problem as it was the landscape changing and Stoops + Venables needing to catch up. He then goes to Clemson and is a key player during their run. As part of that, he was able to build round a constant stream of highly regarded DTs and DEs that flowed into Clemson and out to the NFL. Does he have that at OU, yet? And if he doesn't, is there still merit to "trust Brent Venables on defense"? 

I feel like the answer to the first question is "no", although he's clearly added some dudes. I won't know the answer to question 2 until watching them this season.

You’re better at absorbing that info than me. When I go to Sooner sites, I just can’t pull myself away from what passes for logic, as they convince each other that, since they beat Texas last year (what I recall as a “narrow loss” is described as a “resounding physical domination”), they can order themselves above Texas and claim all plaudits aimed at Texas for themselves. Also, they expect Texas to collapse, because we’re weak. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, statsman said:

You’re better at absorbing that info than me. When I go to Sooner sites, I just can’t pull myself away from what passes for logic, as they convince each other that, since they beat Texas last year (what I recall as a “narrow loss” is described as a “resounding physical domination”), they can order themselves above Texas and claim all plaudits aimed at Texas for themselves. Also, they expect Texas to collapse, because we’re weak. 

Didn't they lose to Kansas and UCF? 

1 minute ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Didn't they lose to Kansas and UCF? 

Not UCF, lost to Kansas and Okie lite.

4 minutes ago, statsman said:

I think most Sooner fans only remember the goal line stand. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I'm curious what our resident sooners think, but the general offseason tone from the OU guys I listen to or read is basically just uncertainty. I think most of that pivots around the OL and Arnold. Almost every sooner appears to really believe that their defense is going to be elite. I don't really understand that logic. The safeties and Stutsman, sure. The CBs are a mess, the DL looks like a mess, and the other backers aren't scaring anyone. It seems more about "Trust Brent Venables on defense" and I can understand a certain logic to that. 

Venables is an interesting person to follow. The sooners basically packed his bags for him when he left Norman the first time. I didn't think he was particularly the problem as it was the landscape changing and Stoops + Venables needing to catch up. He then goes to Clemson and is a key player during their run. As part of that, he was able to build round a constant stream of highly regarded DTs and DEs that flowed into Clemson and out to the NFL. Does he have that at OU, yet? And if he doesn't, is there still merit to "trust Brent Venables on defense"? 

I feel like the answer to the first question is "no", although he's clearly added some dudes. I won't know the answer to question 2 until watching them this season.

He also benefitted from playing mostly antiquated and easy to defend acc offenses with mediocre talent while coaching up ridiculous talent Dabo acquired.  I’m not certain he’s anything special against modern offenses. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Screenshot_2024-08-26-19-35-45_kindlephoto-15042762.png.c8060a32fe33e6feffaf01eeb04e903a.png

The Oklahoma Sooners official roster for the 2024 season is out and there’s another piece to the puzzle joining the team this fall. The Sooners added a late transfer in former New Mexico defensive lineman David Rowaiye.

Rowaiye, a native of Oklahoma City, spent the last two seasons with the Lobos after signing in the 2022 recruiting class. He was a three-star prospect that also had offers from Baylor and Eastern Michigan.

New Mexico redshirted him in 2022, but Rowaiye didn’t earn any playing time in 2023.

The Sooners have good depth along the defensive line heading into the 2024 season, which will make it tough to see the field. But under the direction of Todd Bates, Miguel Chavis, Zac Alley, and Brent Venables, the Sooners could have a player in the making.

2 hours ago, statsman said:

Is he still a HS OC at a big program?

Damn. 39. We’re all getting old. Three DWIs are not good. 

I mean I didn’t want to pick a scab or anything but how many does Vince Young have? He’s no fucking choir boy. 

3 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

I mean I didn’t want to pick a scab or anything…

Umm that’s exactly your intention, lying okie POS.  Also, shitty Sooner fans don’t get to point their crooked fingers at anyone. Ever.

BTW, while you were stupid enough to publicly acknowledge support for and put the wifebeater Dede Westbrook on your list, I didn’t see any of these other domestic abusers? DGB, Mixon, Shannon, Chaisson, etc? Must’ve missed them.

7 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Umm that’s exactly your intention, lying okie POS.  Also, shitty Sooner fans don’t get to point their crooked fingers at anyone. Ever.

BTW, while you were stupid enough to publicly acknowledge support for and put the wifebeater Dede Westbrook on your list, I didn’t see any of these other domestic abusers? DGB, Mixon, Shannon, Chaisson, etc? Must’ve missed them.

Be quiet son, the adults are talking. Now go to your room. 

8 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

Since you’re apparently too brain addled to remember, I’ll remind you that this is a Longhorn site, weirdo.

Also, you never respond to all the blowu wifebeaters I list. Shocking. 

20 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

BTW, pussy, wanted to wish you luck vs your juggernaut OOC schedule this year of Temple, Tulane and Maine. How very brave of you.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

BTW, pussy, wanted to wish you luck vs your juggernaut OOC schedule this year of Temple, Tulane and Maine. How very brave of you.

Don't forget that P4 match-up against the mighty UH Cougars. 

Cue the Georgia/Realignment excuse in 3 . 2 . 1 ...

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Pdawg88 said:

I mean I didn’t want to pick a scab or anything but how many does Vince Young have? He’s no fucking choir boy. 

I was aware when I typed it out. Vince is an icon, and I am happy to forgive him and approve of active efforts by the university and its supporters to assist him in making better choices. 

Bomar is a HS asst coach, and I don’t expect anyone to swoop in as a white knight. 

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Your institution let a Heisman trophy winner panhandle underneath a fucking bridge as a homeless person once upon a time. 

Texas always and always will take care of its own. Whatever VY's demons, he's getting a ton of help to deal with them and he's well-paid as an ambassador of the program, to boot.

I'm not sure bagging on Vince Young is directionally productive for anyone on this site, much less a sooner.

Didn’t bag anyone, never said a negative word. But just because one guy is better than the next doesn’t make it right. I’m a fan of Vince, the most dominate QB I’ve ever seen. But just because he wore a Texas jersey y’all can’t look other way. I’m not trying to be disrespectful at all. 

10 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

Didn’t bag anyone, never said a negative word. But just because one guy is better than the next doesn’t make it right. I’m a fan of Vince, the most dominate QB I’ve ever seen. But just because he wore a Texas jersey y’all can’t look other way. I’m not trying to be disrespectful at all. 

But that's the point, Texas doesn't look away and neither do its fans. The guy's made mistakes and is battling addiction and it's all known and acknowledged. He's not been disowned and found living underneath a bridge or anything.

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

But that's the point, Texas doesn't look away and neither do its fans. The guy's made mistakes and is battling addiction and it's all known and acknowledged. He's not been disowned and found living underneath a bridge or anything.

What heisman trophy winner is living under a bridge? Not disagreeing with you, just not familiar. 

DeMarco Murray implicated

Recruiting violations occurred in the Oklahoma football program when assistant coach DeMarco Murray impermissibly contacted prospects and their families prior to the permissible time period, according to an agreement released by the Division I Committee on Infractions. Additional violations occurred in the track and field program when former head coach Tim Langford directed a female student-athlete to provide some of her scholarship funds to two student-athletes in the men's track and field program. As a result of the violations in their respective programs, the parties agreed that football head coach Brent Venables and Langford violated head coach responsibility rules.

The school, Murray and the enforcement staff agreed that the violations in the football program occurred when Murray impermissibly contacted 17 prospects over 16 months, including 65 impermissible phone calls and 36 impermissible text messages. Murray indicated that he was not aware that a COVID-19 waiver of recruiting contact rules had expired.  During the investigation, the enforcement staff determined that the school had properly educated football coaches on the applicable recruiting rules and the timing of changes to them.

Head coaches are presumed responsible for the actions of their staff, and as a result, Venables violated head coach responsibility rules. In this case, however, some of the violations occurred prior to rules changes effective in January 2023 that shifted head coach responsibility rules from a rebuttable presumption to automatic. Because Venables was not personally involved in the violations and demonstrated that he promoted an atmosphere of compliance and monitored his staff, Venables rebutted his presumed responsibility for some of the earlier violations. For the same reasons, the parties also agreed that a suspension penalty for Venables was not appropriate.

The school, enforcement staff and Langford agreed that the violations in the track and field program occurred in April 2023 when Langford directed a student-athlete to redistribute a total of $2,020 of her cost-of-attendance increase in scholarship funds to two men's track and field student-athletes ($1,010 was provided to each) to help them pay rent. As a result of the impermissible benefits provided to the student-athletes receiving the funds, those student-athletes went on to compete in four and five competitions, respectively, while ineligible and the men's track and field program exceeded scholarship limits.

In addition to the underlying violations, Langford violated ethical conduct rules when he knowingly arranged for the provision of impermissible benefits.  Due to his personal involvement in the violations, Langford also violated head coach responsibility rules.

Following his separation from the university, Langford denied involvement in the violations during an interview with the enforcement staff. However, each of the student-athletes reported hearing Langford on speakerphone providing the directions to the student-athlete as she transferred the funds, and the student-athlete's account reflected the electronic transfers. As a result, the parties agreed that Langford failed to cooperate when he provided false or misleading information.

Finally, the enforcement staff and school agreed that the school promptly disclosed the violations when they were detected and completed a thorough review of the conduct. The school self-imposed recruiting penalties for Murray as the case was processed. Additionally, the enforcement staff determined that the compliance department had adequate monitoring systems relating to phone conversations, but in this case, football recruiting staff had not uploaded the respective prospects' recruiting profiles since they were not yet of recruiting age, and the phone recruiting software included an unavoidable two-month lag in producing phone records.

The parties used ranges identified by the Division I membership-approved infractions penalty guidelines to agree upon Level II-mitigated penalties for the university, Venables and Murray, and Level I-aggravated penalties for Langford. The decision contains the full list of penalties as approved by the Committee on Infractions, including:

One year of probation.
A $5,000 fine.
A one-game suspension for Murray during the 2024 football season.
A four-year show-cause order for Langford. During the first two years of the show-cause order, Langford is restricted from all athletically related duties, and any employing member school will suspend Langford for 50% of his first season. During the last two years of the show-cause order, Langford is restricted from off-campus recruiting. The show-cause order also requires Langford to attend an NCAA Regional Rules Seminar and restricts his involvement with financial aid offers.
A reduction in men's track and field scholarships by 0.1 for the 2023-24 season (self-imposed).
A prohibition against football staff calling the involved prospects during the May 29-June 11, 2022, and April 15-May 31, 2023, periods (self-imposed).
A 20% reduction in football recruiting days in spring 2023 (self-imposed).
A prohibition against football staff from calling or corresponding with involved prospects from Aug. 1-31, 2023 (self-imposed).
A limitation of Murray's 2023 football recruiting days to eight, down from an average 16.4 per recruiting coach (self-imposed).
A prohibition from off-campus recruiting for Murray during the 2023 fall evaluation period (self-imposed).
A three-week ban on recruiting phone and electronic correspondence for the football program from Dec. 8, 2024, to March 31, 2025.
A prohibition against unofficial visits during the first game of the 2024 season.
A vacation of all team track and field records in which student-athletes competed while ineligible.
Members of the Committee on Infractions are drawn from the NCAA membership and members of the public. The members of the panel who reviewed this case are Kay Norton, president emerita of Northern Colorado and chief hearing officer for the panel; Amy Parsons, president of Colorado State University; and Stephen Madva, attorney in private practice.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

What heisman trophy winner is living under a bridge? Not disagreeing with you, just not familiar. 

Billie Sims - the fucking idiot that y'all now doll up each year and fly to New York City in order to watch his dumbass ruin the Heisman Ceremony.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

Nice crawfish, bitch.  Also, learn English JFC.  

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Billie Sims - the fucking idiot that y'all now doll up each year and fly to New York City in order to watch his dumbass ruin the Heisman Ceremony.

Are we talking about the same guy who owns the shitty BBQ franchise all through the state of Oklahoma? Seems like he rebounded pretty damn good! 

3 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

Are we talking about the same guy who owns the shitty BBQ franchise all through the state of Oklahoma? Seems like he rebounded pretty damn good! 

Correct. Eventually, after being lampooned for how shabby y'all handled things, OU helped him get his shit together. 

Just now, Pdawg88 said:

I just did, bitch! 

Hiding behind a keyboard. What a complete pussy you are.  😆

Also, if you don't want to read my posts, retard, there are 2 easy fixes.  Let's see if you can ferret them out.  They're real thinkers.

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

Hiding behind a keyboard. What a complete pussy you are.  😆

Also, if you don't want to read my posts, retard, there are 2 easy fixes.  Let's see if you can ferret them out.  They're real thinkers.

You replied to me fuck face! Calling me a tough guy is classic. You are the one who sent drunk text trying to fight, not me. So you are the keyboard warrior. Now go fuck off and stop quoting me. 

And here is your Ferret you dumb fuck!

IMG_3035.png

Just now, Pdawg88 said:

You replied to me fuck face! Calling me a tough guy is classic. You are the one who sent drunk text trying to fight, not me. So you are the keyboard warrior. Now go fuck off and stop quoting me. 

IMG_3035.png

So if you're a scared little coward, don't call anyone a bitch.  Follow that logic?  Probably not.  And at least I can speak English, okie retard.  🤣  Fuck you and your mother.

11 minutes ago, statsman said:

Immamac should write a personal message feature (we could call it something like “PM”) so that people could take intense takes and comments off the message thread

Maybe a flashing red envelope icon to let you know you've got an unread message?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

IMG_3035.png

50 minutes ago, Scholz said:

So if you're a scared little coward, don't call anyone a bitch.  Follow that logic?  Probably not.  And at least I can speak English, okie retard.  🤣  Fuck you and your mother.

image.jpeg.9dd0e0cf3243269fefcc796afebc1e6d.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5