Tell me about ou

Texas007

6 minutes ago, Plorant said:

I had enough of that thread just reading the OP.  So fucking stupid.  

We hate each other but can respect each other.  I think they don't understand that.  We hate the aggies but don't respect them at all.  That's the difference. 

I don't go over there much because the content is crap and the posters creating it are dumber than a sack of rocks.

In addition to that, the posters affiliating themselves with UT have to mostly be socks from other fanbases. I've seen multiple handles get basic shit absolutely wrong about Texas in ways that even a casual UT fan would not. On top of that, most of the UT handles don't post on UT sites I've seen and they mostly have IQs in the room temperature range, common amongst posters on that site alone.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I don't go over there much because the content is crap and the posters creating it are dumber than a sack of rocks.

In addition to that, the posters affiliating themselves with UT have to mostly be socks from other fanbases. I've seen multiple handles get basic shit absolutely wrong about Texas in ways that even a casual UT fan would not. On top of that, most of the UT handles don't post on UT sites I've seen and they mostly have IQs in the room temperature range, common amongst posters on that site alone.

Possibly T shirt fans/trolls but agree no alumni.  Baffling how low the avg IQ is over there.  

2 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

He’s one but also Onikuno, Unfair Sports, Gabe & Ikard (one of them picked them to win 10), it’s a lot. 

I remember during some Bedlam games hearing the announcers say "Gabe Ikard" and thought they were saying "gay biker." CSB, fuck ou.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, Pdawg88 said:

Nice gesture, but this dude is an absolute toolbag who should have been flagged multiple times last year against us for taunting.

I'll give him a pass for embracing the heel role when he threw the Horns down the entire time while accepting some recognition at halftime of the Sugar Bowl last year.

Edited by LonghornSean

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I went over there once and it was enough for me. Any Texas fan that says anything remotely positive or optimistic about Texas football is harassed and called an arrogant idiot. Dude got harassed for saying Texas could win 10 games. Nah I’m good

Here you go:

OU had to fire Switzer, because that shithead, left to his own devices in building a program, recruited the biggest bunch of misanthropes outside San Quentin. Urban Meyer looked at that team and thought, “Barry, you have to take character into account when recruiting”. 

Switzer was fired (it would be years before OU forgot their shame and named their football ops building after him) and was replaced by Gary Gibbs. Gibbs was a very good coach, but at OU, forced by the NCAA to not cheat for a while, a very good coach got you a steady diet of 8-4. 

Gibbs was fired and replaced by Schnelly (a whole nuther story), and Schnelly was replaced by John Blake. Blake had no business riding higher than “assistant coach” (heh-heh-heh,…bag man), but Switzer needed him away from the Cowboys (in an attempt to fix Switzer’s growing unpopularity, Blake started telling people that Aikman was a gay racist. That didn’t go over well). Barry sent him to OU, telling both parties that Blake needed to install a pro set offense (a long time dream of Switzer’s) and parlay Blake’s ethnicity into elite recruiting. 

It didn’t work. Blake had a glorious three years of losing, incompetent football. For his first two years, he had a passing QB- Justin Fuente. For his third year, realizing that running any offense that required players to do something other than what they mastered in high school was a fool’s errand, he installed the wishbone and made Eric Moore the QB. 

IMG_3325.jpeg

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Can we please send spider y banana guy or funk doctor whatever he goes by to this board you speak of 

Those are cute. I imagine they come in handy when an ex Sooner needs cash to pay a court order or make bail. You can probably sell them for $3k each. 

Texas players get by with this. It’s a simple thing, but it only goes to lettermen that graduate, and it’s amazing how hard Longhorns even in the NFL work to graduate, so they can get one. It opens a lot of doors in this state. 
IMG_3321.jpeg.5e582846e1f3b8c6a1da7304622a5321.jpeg

My Dad will eventually be buried with his T-Ring, enscribed on the inside “from Coach Royal.” My little brother asked him years ago who’d eventually get it and he said nobody, as it was going with him! He earned it and that’s why.

He wears it daily. His ‘63 NC ring not so much and basically to just Longhorn events. Dad is now 82 and still wearing his T-Ring daily.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

My Dad will eventually be buried with his T-Ring, enscribed on the inside “from Coach Royal.” My little brother asked him years ago who’d eventually get it and he said nobody, as it was going with him! He earned it and that’s why.

He wears it daily. His ‘63 NC ring not so much and basically to just Longhorn events. Dad is now 82 and still wearing his T-Ring daily.

Hook’em!!!

Royal really was concerned about his players staying eligible and graduating, and put a lot of thought into it. He was not going to simply pressure professors to pass his players (although, when, any professor interested in Longhorn football could be a locker guest, and have good seats), or have cheaters do HW and take tests for them. Texas had the nation’s first academic counseling department for athletes. And, he came up with the T-ring as another incentive, with it taking on a life of its own. 

His teams were filled with a ridiculous number of very successful attorney, doctors, and businessmen. 

• Hook 'Em 5

On the drive home, this morning, I listened to a portion of their post game Scoop podcast. 

They are mildly worried about WRs, wondering which ones are going to come through now. 

They are very worried about the OL, still confident that Bedenbaugh will figure it out, but ready for him to start figuring it out with the backups. 

They think Arnold played great! No interceptions! Nevermind the 5.6 ypa; that will improve. 

They very much have a traditional top 10 Sooner team, as a whole, envisioned. They are just trying to work through it, in their heads, how that will be when key units are clearly sub-par. They just can’t (or won’t?) envision a less than competitive possibility. 

I eagerly await the discounter this week, when they talk themselves down from the ledge by pointing out that Texas won 52-0, and they won 51-3, so what’s the big hang up?

Read an injury report heading into UH weekend:

-Anderson is still unlikely to play but progressing - Dean Blevins accidentally disclosed that it's a hip flexor issue. Those are thorny fuckers to deal with, so even when he's back, that's a tough injury to get free of without a prolonged period of rest.

-Pettaway has a nagging hamstring injury but will continue to get snaps.

-C Branson Hickman, who sprained his ankle against Temple, is practicing again and "looks good" per Venables, yet he would not say whether or not he'll play this weekend.

-OT Jake Taylor, who missed Temple in a somewhat unexpected outcome, is expected to play this week.

-OL Troy Everett, who they've been really high on, tore his ACL in the spring. They're trying to rush him back and he's running through drills in practice, but the doctors haven't cleared him to play or hit others in practice. This one looks like a Jerry Schmidt/Brent Venables fuck-them-kids special, honestly.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

For a program with perhaps the greatest bully fetish in all of college football, a near-loss to a bad UH team isn’t sitting well in Norman. 

Several injuries played out last night that Venables later downplay. 

Taylor, the desired starting RT, started and then got hurt again in the 2nd quarter and never returned. 

Gentry Williams has a hurt shoulder, let the game early and never returned. 

The starting center and first backup were both unable to go. The 3rd stringer was able to notch a personal foul late in the game to give the Cougars one more gasp at victory. 

I’m sure there’s nothing to worry about in regard to getting a completely new offensive line to gel against cupcakes early. 249 total yards and losing the TOP by 10 minutes to mighty Cougar High spells future success, no doubt. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

For a program with perhaps the greatest bully fetish in all of college football, a near-loss to a bad UH team isn’t sitting well in Norman. 

Taylor, the desired starting RT, started and then got hurt again in the 2nd quarter and never returned. 

The starting center and first backup were both unable to go. The 3rd stringer was able to notch a personal foul late in the game to give the Cougars one more gasp at victory. 

I’m sure there’s nothing to worry about in regard to getting a completely new offensive line to gel against cupcakes early. 249 total yards and losing the TOP by 10 minutes to mighty Cougar High spells future success, no doubt. 

That’s gonna be bad news against Tennessee’s d-line. 

7 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Flip Auburn and South Carolina. Also, Tulane just hung with KSt. You guys might have a problem with them (probably not, but you might).

I got laid this morning so I was being generous 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

55 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

IMG_3176.jpeg.2aeaa827d46ddcee547668f930329c26.jpeg

that’s the way I see this going 

South Carolina is interesting. I watched them for 2 relevant quarters yesterday with low expectations. Their front 7 is either really good or Kentucky’s OL is dogshit. Probably a little of both. There is a fun chance that they are going to beat the OU OL the way OU players beat women. 

You’re OU, so of course you won’t go 5-7. It would be glorious, but a) we can’t have nice things and b) I don’t want to listen to and read from a bunch of SEC honks about how hard the SEC is. 

6 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Tell your sis I said “hi”.

new girl fist bump GIF

He lobbed that one up to you. Christ. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I saw LB Kip Lewis leave the game with an injury at some point too