Tell me about ou

Texas007

21 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

It is a shame they get the free dub at Auburn this week I was really hoping we could keep the 0-for-SEC train rolling on them.

I hope that their defense shuts out auburn so the next two weeks all we hear about is how elite their defense is.. go back to the same stuff we heard about Michigan this off season...

and let Sark and the offense come out WANTING the ball first and proceed to carve them up

#HookEm 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

What’s amazing is that doesn’t account for the two fumbles that occurred on the very play after the D got him the ball.  Literally an all time worst performance.  

Fumbles are accounted for in QBR but not passer rating.

This was Vandagraff's stats vs SCar in week 2 you can see his line is worse than Arnold's passing wise but he still posted a 0.1 better QBR

image.png.688ce7ca22a102badd56f3578ff34d7e.png

Even this redneck's precious Nico fumbled twice and dropped his QBR

https://www.timesnews.net/news/crime/mount-carmel-argument-over-cell-phone-ends-in-gunfire/article_955965f4-f55a-57a5-ad92-cc36a65c6772.html

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

Maybe after beating OU and Georgia back to back, people will finally understand that this Texas offense fucks.

Maybe.  The bar is a title.  Both OU and Texas have come close since their last titles but neither has the one that counts.  Big wins are great but that’s not the standard.  Unless you’re aggy and winning against Bama is a national championship.  

Not buying the hype that OU's defense is "elite". They gave up 300+ yards in a pillow fight vs. UH, who subsequently got shut out by Cincy this past Saturday. Venables is very familiar with Tennessee's offensive style, and when your offense is absolute dogshit and no threat to score, the opponent tends to play it safer on offense. 

Auburn has trouble moving the ball forward, so I hope and expect the OU defense to have another good day. I welcome the talk and hype of OU's defense vs. Texas' offense heading into Dallas. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

The glass is half full because he drank the other half of the moonshine before posting that bit of idiocy. 

I watched a Charlie Strong coached Texas team that had lost 3 straight including 50-7 to TCU the week before beat a Stoops/Riley OU team to give them their only regular season loss that year.  So I'll never take anything for granted in that game.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, statsman said:

Exhibit A in “why the B1G’s academic standards precluded them from accepting OU as a member”

IMG_3355.jpeg

Now....if they went to the backup for the first time all season in the first half against us?  Yeah....dude would end up being a Heisman finalist.  But they shot that wad too early, so they're proper fucked.

10 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I watched a Charlie Strong coached Texas team that had lost 3 straight including 50-7 to TCU the week before beat a Stoops/Riley OU team to give them their only regular season loss that year.  So I'll never take anything for granted in that game.

Ok, don’t. Texas is going to kick their skulls in, regardless. 

8 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Not buying the hype that OU's defense is "elite". They gave up 300+ yards in a pillow fight vs. UH, who subsequently got shut out by Cincy this past Saturday. Venables is very familiar with Tennessee's offensive style, and when your offense is absolute dogshit and no threat to score, the opponent tends to play it safer on offense. 

Auburn has trouble moving the ball forward, so I hope and expect the OU defense to have another good day. I welcome the talk and hype of OU's defense vs. Texas' offense heading into Dallas. 

Yeah you are going to get more of the OU defense is elite talk next week because Auburn is that horrible.  When Air Raid Heupel runs the ball 52 times it says more about him knowing he had a commanding lead and was not going to let it slip away than it does the Sooner defense is elite.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Klatt destroys blOU offense.  Seth Littrell's days are numbered...

While I agree it's MORE than a QB issue, the QB has been its biggest issue. Arnold interception was terribly thrown into triple coverage. He fumbed at the 3 yard line and also threw a backward out pass. He doesn't make those bonehead plays and OU would have been in that game.

11 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The guy is a rs freshman in his fifth game playing in a mediocre system with a bad line and few playmakers. He’s been pretty bad but they aren’t helping him out at all. 

This was my perspective until Tennessee. His decision-making is compounding the other problems the offense has.

I'm not a body-language / vibes guy, but the negativity he was displaying after mistakes during the bowl game and so far this year are shocking. If I can see it on TV, OU should've. If they didn't have him working with a psychologist over the summer, they set him and the program back. He's talented. Wherever he goes next, I hope he figures out how to learn from mistakes and ignore the haters.

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Klatt destroys blOU offense.  Seth Littrell's days are numbered..

2 hours ago, Pdawg88 said:

Best news I’ve heard all day 

I've been down on OU's offensive coaches except Bedenbaugh and Emmett Jones (WR). I think both get a pass this year because of prior performance. I'm done with Murray, Finley, and Littrell (3 dude who played at OU).

7 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Davis was thrown in and we knew he sucked.  If you need more context I mean a legit starter with supposed pedigree.  In Norman.  That FSU trainwreck matches up well.  

The other qualifier you need is "since Stoops" because the 1990s had several contenders for worst ever.

Since Stoops, the only games that come to mind off the top of my head are Landry Jones vs Nebraska in 2009 (FIVE interceptions) or Trevor Knight vs WVU in 2013 (Heupal as OC). In both years, the OLs improved throughout the year, and the offenses became "passable" for a power conference.

I'm not saying this will happen this year. The 2009 offense had DeMarco and Ryan Broyles. In 2014, Sterling Shepard and Jalen Saunders were running past people. Unless Pettyway is a revelation or Anderson and Burks get healthy, there isn't the skill position talent OU expected.

28 minutes ago, quigley said:

This was my perspective until Tennessee. His decision-making is compounding the other problems the offense has.

I'm not a body-language / vibes guy, but the negativity he was displaying after mistakes during the bowl game and so far this year are shocking. If I can see it on TV, OU should've. If they didn't have him working with a psychologist over the summer, they set him and the program back. He's talented. Wherever he goes next, I hope he figures out how to learn from mistakes and ignore the haters.

Narrator: He won't, just like Texas will never fall into the ocean. ou sucks

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

"2025 University of North Texas starting quarterback Jackson Arnold" 

I think Arnold should go to a smaller school and get his head straight. I'm afraid he'll end up at UCLA or A&M where he has too much attention and can't recover. Mississippi St to reunite with Lebby may be another spot.

27 minutes ago, quigley said:

I've been down on OU's offensive coaches except Bedenbaugh and Emmett Jones (WR). I think both get a pass this year because of prior performance. I'm done with Murray, Finley, and Littrell (3 dude who played at OU).

Man I just can’t get behind Bedenbaugh. His development can’t be argued with. But the lack of depth falls on his shoulders. We all have known for the last two years that we haven’t been recruiting high school kids the way we needed to. We have plug and played a couple portal guys, but that’s only going to get you so far. But 3 other 3 should fired before I eat lunch tomorrow. Fuck it while we are cutting dead weight throw Venables head in the block as well. It was a lazy hire and we all know it. Now we get to shit back and watch Texas run their tiny balls across our faces for a couple years. This should be fun. Bow season opens a week from tomorrow is all I have to look forward to. 

18 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

Man I just can’t get behind Bedenbaugh. His development can’t be argued with. But the lack of depth falls on his shoulders. We all have known for the last two years that we haven’t been recruiting high school kids the way we needed to. We have plug and played a couple portal guys, but that’s only going to get you so far. But 3 other 3 should fired before I eat lunch tomorrow. Fuck it while we are cutting dead weight throw Venables head in the block as well. It was a lazy hire and we all know it. Now we get to shit back and watch Texas run their tiny balls across our faces for a couple years. This should be fun. Bow season opens a week from tomorrow is all I have to look forward to. 

Bedenbaugh was down on NIL until the Cayden Green departure, apparently. He's now got 2 top ten OT coming in. His OLs get better throughout the season. He's been at OU since 2013, I can't think of a year that OU's OL hasn't been good if not great by season's end. In the SEC, facing good DL on the regular, will his slow developmental style cost OU games early in the season?

I was frustrated by how good Emmett Jones's WR at Kansas and TxTech looked vs the OU defense (lots of WR looked good vs OU in that era). Last year, Jones's development of OU's WR room was great. This year, the Sooners # 2, 3, and 4 wide receivers have been injured. The extreme bad injury luck makes Jones a keep, for now.

DeMarco can point to the development of Eric Gray. Who else? Finley's TEs have sucked outside of Braden Willis (7th round draft pick). Littrell had ONE good offensive year as a coordinator (when his head coach was an offensive guy, Larry Fedora). None of these three have the pedigree to survive a similar performance.

Venables may not have many options if Arnold is really that bad (I was at our game and didn't watch but I've certainly seen enough commentary to that effect) but asking a true FR to come in and play hero ball behind a shitty OL without playmakers at WR will either end up getting him hurt or best case just completely fuck up his development.  OU fans will bitch and moan and Venables will bring in a high $$ portal QB to "compete" eventually resulting in Hawkins saying fuck this and transferring leaving OU with zero QB depth in '25.  I can see it now and it's glorious.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pdawg88 said:

A couple of years? I intend to drag my tiny balls across your face for a full decade. Venables is the new Gibbs. You need to go through your Schnellenberger and Blake before you land on another great coach. 

1 hour ago, quigley said:

The other qualifier you need is "since Stoops" because the 1990s had several contenders for worst ever.

Since Stoops, the only games that come to mind off the top of my head are Landry Jones vs Nebraska in 2009 (FIVE interceptions) or Trevor Knight vs WVU in 2013 (Heupal as OC). In both years, the OLs improved throughout the year, and the offenses became "passable" for a power conference.

I'm not saying this will happen this year. The 2009 offense had DeMarco and Ryan Broyles. In 2014, Sterling Shepard and Jalen Saunders were running past people. Unless Pettyway is a revelation or Anderson and Burks get healthy, there isn't the skill position talent OU expected.

I think you’re forgetting (or have suppressed) Blake Bell in 2013. Against Texas: 26-12, 133 yards (longest was 47), 0 TDs, 2 picks. Four sacks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

"2025 University of North Texas starting quarterback Jackson Arnold" 

It would be a disservice to the team to keep Arnold in when he hasn’t done two things right in a row all season. I don’t like how our offense is structured, but if the RPO is going to be a significant part of it, the QB needs to give when there’s a light box and throw when there’s a heavy box. Simple stuff. Arnold seems incapable of correctly counting defenders in the box.

For example, he pulled this and threw an incompletion:

IMG_7675.thumb.jpeg.80192c7d01cdfaa738d0b9ead733c33b.jpeg

Holy shit, dude. 

• Hook 'Em 1