Tell me about ou

Texas007

8 hours ago, Pimphand said:

image.png.4b38102ce564d3373bc8554731e975c1.png

That QBR is worse than it would've been had Arnold just spiked the ball into the turf every single snap. 

Also, General Booty had a QBR of around 6 last Saturday. That's more than 4 times greater than Arnold, and we all saw just how awful Booty was wire to wire. 

It's about time ou faced this nightmare. 

4 hours ago, statsman said:

I think you’re forgetting (or have suppressed) Blake Bell in 2013. Against Texas: 26-12, 133 yards (longest was 47), 0 TDs, 2 picks. Four sacks. 

My point was that there have been other candidates for worse QB performance. For me, Bell wasn't as bad as the others, but add it the pile.

4 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Former #1 player in Texas as recruit and gets benched for a true freshman. Damn.

Like every other mismanaged situation, why wouldn't Venables keep Auburn guessing until GameDay? 

What @Constant said above. Anyone with eyes can tell Hawkins was a better decision-maker as true freshman, especially the most important constituency, the players. Gaslighting them throughout the week could FURTHER denigrate confidence in the offensive coaching. Plus, the players seem to like Hawkins more.

Hawkins recklessness means there's a good chance Arnold sees the field again this year, but the coaches need to take his helmet away and send him to therapy this week.

3 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

It's about time ou faced this nightmare. 

There were some positives for OU that game. Obviously, the defensive performance showed that OU's good early season performances could be replicated versus top-flight athletes. They rotated a bunch of players in and held up well against a really good team. It's proof of concept that the defense can keep up with some of the best offenses in the country. And the Sooners play several of the best offenses in the country: Texas, Mississippi, LSU, Alabama (possibly Missouri).

The OL was awful, but they performed about to my expectations. The rs-freshman left guard Ozeta played like someone facing his first big test. He'll get better. The OL looks like they may be getting a little healthier too. Hawkins time on the field showed that OU can move the ball against a good defense despite the OL when the QB makes good reads.

OU's skill position talent may have started sorting itself out also. The freshman RB Tatum looked good, and got hurt. Sophomore WR Jaquaize Pettaway did some good things. You can see the outlines of a functional RB rotation in Barnes and Tatum. Burks, Anderson, and Pettaway give OU a functional pass catching core (when they all get healthy).

Because of the defensive excellence, the offense just needs to get healthy and show competency. OU's goal is to be competitive in every game and get four more wins (@ Auburn, SCar, Maine, @ LSU?). Then clean house on the offensive coaching staff after the season.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1