Tell me about ou

Texas007

3 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

All the ‘we should never lose to OU again’ talk is hilarious.  Considering your best team in a couple decades just lost to them.  Lol

Also the financial smack talk is fun.  That’s something I love…

Gotta hand it to OU. Gabriel certainly carried the Sooners that day. I reckon he’ll be a Sooner hero forever. I hope we have a better answer for him this year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, statsman said:

Gotta hand it to OU. Gabriel certainly carried the Sooners that day. I reckon he’ll be a Sooner hero forever. I hope we have a better answer for him this year. 

A mobile QB was our kryptonite last season. As I was replying to this post my youngest who is home from college just rolled into the room wearing a sooners shirt. I've failed as a father.

On 6/29/2024 at 1:13 AM, redswingline said:

One of the first things that article mentions is synthetic debt, which are most often CDO's and those are incredibly risky. Its that kind of unregulated backroom shit that led to the financial crisis - the packaging of debt instruments into tiers and selling them off as "investments" when all they were was dogshit. There is no ownership of the underlining asset and this was accomplished through derivatives aka swaps.

The article doesn't state how much of that $1B of debt is synthetic, but...YIKES

Incredibly risky for purchasers, yes.  For issuers, to the extent they control the securitization (to my knowledge very little or not at all), not so risky.  One of the worst aspects of securitization is that the underlying debt doesn't have the usual risk protections that junky debt usually includes (high interest, etc.).  Junk bonds are at least known as junk from the outset.

On a broader note, it's pretty well established how the Okie lege feels about public education (or at least some of their appointed officials) and they have no PUF-equivalent, so it's no surprise that they're suffering under deficit finance.  Enrollment is increasing thanks to Texas and _% admissions, but they're offering so many incentives, it's not helping the bottom line.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, F250 said:

A mobile QB was our kryptonite last every season for God knows how long.

Fify.

3 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Someone's a little late to the party. Gabriel is gone. Transferred to Oregon 

Jackson Arnold, now. I like that matchup. 

At least they still have the two coordinators that schemed up that great game plan. 

Um... You don't follow this whole CFB thing, do you?

Oh, no! Whatever will they do? 

At least they still have the two coordinators that schemed up that great game plan. 

Lebby is now the head coach at Mississippi State , which makes that game a bit more interesting now 

OU promoted Rashlee , so that's probably a coordinator who had some role in the game plan 

Edited by BigHornedLurker
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  Jesus you guys… Piss poor performance.  I guess it is a lot easier to pick on aggy…

That game hurt. We dropped to #8, OU rose to #6, taking our pole position for the Big 12 title with them. All we could hope for was a rematch in the Big 12 title game. 

It would have happened if OU could have just slipped past KU or OSU. 

16 minutes ago, statsman said:

That game hurt. We dropped to #8, OU rose to #6, taking our pole position for the Big 12 title with them. All we could hope for was a rematch in the Big 12 title game. 

It would have happened if OU could have just slipped past KU or OSU. 

Yep.  Definitely should have won more b12 titles.  Damn shame.  

• Haha 1