Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

Started cooking some eggs and sausage then wide changed her mind. So I ended up with a griddled Mrs Bairds bun, Jimmy Dean hot patty with griddles onions Oklahoma onion burger style, Dukes mayo, tomatoes, pepper jack, orange marmalade, French’s yella. Better than I thought it would be.abab56daa02bdfd3cb5085a26352467f.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

Started cooking some eggs and sausage then wide changed her mind. So I ended up with a griddled Mrs Bairds bun, Jimmy Dean hot patty with griddles onions Oklahoma onion burger style, Dukes mayo, tomatoes, pepper jack, orange marmalade, French’s yella. Better than I thought it would be.abab56daa02bdfd3cb5085a26352467f.jpg

I’m sitting here trying to figure out how no fried egg ended up on this. Could’ve been a masterpiece. 

• Like 1

I’m sitting here trying to figure out how no fried egg ended up on this. Could’ve been a masterpiece. 

Well I didn’t get the eggs fried because I was just starting when wife changed mind as I was going to fry them in the sausage grease and butter. So I put the eggs up and made this and started eating when I remembered I forgot the egg. These meds I’m on escalate my dumbness factor.

5 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

Perhaps you should blame this one on the meds too....

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/8/2024 at 5:38 PM, Texzilla588 said:

Well I didn’t get the eggs fried because I was just starting when wife changed mind as I was going to fry them in the sausage grease and butter. So I put the eggs up and made this and started eating when I remembered I forgot the egg. These meds I’m on escalate my dumbness factor.

Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory Tantrum GIF

1 hour ago, Texzilla588 said:

My wife likes her eggs fried over easy with a runny yolk and hard whites.

Which by definition is over easy. A cheap cheat is cover them instead of flipping.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, RPM said:

Which by definition is over easy. A cheap cheat is cover them instead of flipping.

Bingo.  My wife loves eggs over easy, and on the weekends, I like to cook her breakfast.  I have a great small omelette pan - put a pat of butter in there to cover the bottom over medium-low heat (like 3 outta 10), crack two eggs in there, cover.  4 minutes later, perfectly over easy eggs, slide right out onto a plate.  Happy wife.

For me, I made machacado con huevos this weekend (no pics, but it looks like this):

800px-Huevo_con_machacado.jpg

Dried shredded beef fried in oil, some veggies, eggs, a bit of salsa.  Mi-t-fine.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

My wife likes her eggs fried over easy with a runny yolk and hard whites. I’ve got it down but it’s a pain in the ass. Her changing her mind was welcomed and encouraged.

Spanish style eggs.  Lots of butter/oil and baste with the oil while cooking.

Few simple meals bring as much pleasure as a couple of eggs over easy/medium on toast**.

** I season my eggs with Mrs. Dash Table Blend and a generous drizzle of Tabasco on top of the yolks to "draw the poison out," as my pops was fond of saying.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Few simple meals bring as much pleasure as a couple of eggs over easy/medium on toast**.

** I season my eggs with Mrs. Dash Table Blend and a generous drizzle of Tabasco on top of the yolks to "draw the poison out," as my pops was fond of saying.

I like my eggs several ways.  A classic salt and pepper, with runny yolk that you soak up with a biscuit or some toast is just a gotdamn classic.

But I typically more mexican-ify them.  Sometimes I do a louisiana hot sauce (I'm a Crystal man), but more often, some sort of salsa.  I LOVE scrambled eggs covered in salsa doña, I could do that all the damned time.  I also love a classic huevos rancheros style, and this sauce from HEB is fucking great for that:

9a1916_16edcb14d8284bdd936665d915571f31~

And sometimes, I love me some chilaquiles topped with fried eggs or just classic New Mexico style eggs with red chile, and this is a fucking WINNER for that application:

front_en.3.400.jpg

Eggs and salsas are what is good in life, friends.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I eat them over easy. I worked in a diner in college and learned how to cook eggs, multiple orders at once of various ways. She likes them with extremely well done whites and very runny yolks. Like over well whites and sunny up consistency yolk. I use a 8 in skillet, with lid, and extra grease/butter, and baste the whites and not the Yeller.

4 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

I eat them over easy. I worked in a diner in college and learned how to cook eggs, multiple orders at once of various ways. She likes them with extremely well done whites and very runny yolks. Like over well whites and sunny up consistency yolk. I use a 8 in skillet, with lid, and extra grease/butter, and baste the whites and not the Yeller.

Well aren't we the fancy motherfucker.

• Like 1

^^^^ I hope you got mayo on that bad boy. Don't ley anybody tell you otherwise. Miracle Whip is also in play.

I’m giving you a half-like on that. Because mayo is a glorious breakfast sammich condiment (pro tip - mix it with some Dona sauce for a kick). But Miracle Whip is satan’s smegma.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/7/2023 at 5:06 PM, luke duke said:

A dozen Jack in the Box tacos
ecda79b265fd98cfc7fd46f934c74d3d.jpg

1st layer tacos and enchilada sauce
9b501b0641552e5e64bad45475998183.jpg

Beans and cheese
45f94b65e5dc291990ae415d43228e66.jpg

Repeat previous steps x2. Add taco sauce.
f2b02715c3277bfef65cba404a7c83a4.jpg

Out of the oven
42593cd329267343796fd99701c92f27.jpg

And into my belly
ff78d4746b0f24a4d7e9e47598fd5074.jpg

Next time I’d add some taco meat and use less beans.

I just saw this post and thought I would remind everyone of its beautifulness. @luke duke I bow to you and hope to be like you one day. 

On 6/10/2024 at 5:27 AM, Texzilla588 said:

My wife likes her eggs fried over easy with a runny yolk and hard whites. I’ve got it down but it’s a pain in the ass. Her changing her mind was welcomed and encouraged.

Your wife likes this hard white

20 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

Hebrew National dogs, French’s yella, 1015 Texas onion, Cleveland Kim chi, best maid Texas jalapeño bread and butter pickles, dark rye. Hope the Chinet paper plate doesn’t disqualify me.def4fb4c87f4ada402c6ab501277e448.jpg

Nice

Hebrew National are the best.

3-day old Taco Casa beef and beaner brought back to life after going in a pan with some oil. Served up with El Gallo green, sour cream, some japs and serranos I pickled, and that Yucateca XXX Tentacion. 

20240620_163238.jpg

Edited by threesheets
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

There’s a suicide hotline you can call, and you always have people to talk to on this message board.

I'm pretty sure talking to the people on this message board has the opposite effect of someone deciding that they actually want to live. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, threesheets said:

3-day old Taco Casa beef and beaner brought back to life after going in a pan with some oil. Served up with El Gallo green, sour cream, some japs and serranos I pickled, and that Yucateca XXX Tentacion. 

20240620_163238.jpg

Is that your homemade jalapeno recipe? If so please post how to do it. I saw something about it a while back but could never find the "how to" post.

29 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm pretty sure talking to the people on this message board has the opposite effect of someone deciding that they actually want to live. 

I dunno...looking around at our fellow posters can sure make you feel better about yourself.  "At least I'm not as pathetic as THAT guy."

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Is that your homemade jalapeno recipe? If so please post how to do it. I saw something about it a while back but could never find the "how to" post.

I'm not Three Sheets, but I took a stab at pickled japs a couple months ago and have been consistently doing them since, and eating them on everything. Im also lazy AF and don't bother de-seeding them. For a big jar about the size of his in the pic, I doa 1:1 ration of water and vinegar. Usually about a cup and a half of vinegar, a cup and a half of water. Simmer that in a pot on the stove with 2 tablespoons of salt until the salt is dissolved. It doesn't need to get to a rolling boil, just dissolve the salt. Cram the japs in the jar, maybe  with some garlic bulbs at the bottom. Pour the brine over the japs, jar and refrigerate. They're delicious in an hour, and they'll last weeks, although mine never do. 

Some folks put some sugar into the brine to make it sweeter, but not me. Whole process takes about 10 minutes. 

52 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Counterpoint: "Holy shit most of these people have University of Texas degrees and are probably in the top quartile of human intelligence." /carlin

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I dunno...looking around at our fellow posters can sure make you feel better about yourself.  "At least I'm not as pathetic as THAT guy."

That’s one reason the “Tell Me About Texas A&M” thread exists.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not Three Sheets, but I took a stab at pickled japs a couple months ago and have been consistently doing them since, and eating them on everything. Im also lazy AF and don't bother de-seeding them. For a big jar about the size of his in the pic, I doa 1:1 ration of water and vinegar. Usually about a cup and a half of vinegar, a cup and a half of water. Simmer that in a pot on the stove with 2 tablespoons of salt until the salt is dissolved. It doesn't need to get to a rolling boil, just dissolve the salt. Cram the japs in the jar, maybe  with some garlic bulbs at the bottom. Pour the brine over the japs, jar and refrigerate. They're delicious in an hour, and they'll last weeks, although mine never do. 

Some folks put some sugar into the brine to make it sweeter, but not me. Whole process takes about 10 minutes. 

A high-acid solution (50/50 water/vinegar) like this is great for pickling because you don't have to water bath the jars after filling and sealing. Much simpler way to can, imo.

Couple of extras for you, though:

1. Good idea to poke holes in the peppers so brine can enter the seed cavities. This ensures no fungus will grow inside.
  2.  Fill the jars to the top with the brine solution. No need to leave headspace for a waterbath like with traditional canning methods.

First time I ever pickled my  home-grown peppers this way I thought for sure they'd come out like Aunt Bea's pickles, but I was shocked at how delicious and crispy they were. They would snap with every bite. Way better than anything you can get at the store.

Also, I'd usually let them pickle for 2-3 weeks before opening, but eat however/whenever you want.

• Hook 'Em 1