Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

11 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Man, y'all are overthinking it.

Get some of these:

Prepare in the oven or air fryer.

Top with plenty of this, heated on the stove or microwave:

008764013-1

Then top with a shitload of grated cheddar, maybe some fresh diced onions.

It's goddamned glorious, and a super-cheap tex-mex feast.

The beef and bean green chile versions are my go-to. Smother with pepper jack cheese and, of all things, Red Dot. Fuckin' livin'.

I posted pics before.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.7ade61e11f7926e1589677085a628453.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.81c9a5383f19adf4d568264642ad3e95.jpeg

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Like 2

Air fried HEB chicken egg roll + JITB taco sauce. Pretty great snack while packing for Michigan. 
IMG_3605.thumb.jpeg.cc60cfc602e6b503bcc27c05bbcfc458.jpeg

The details are important. Using a paper towel instead of the common paper plate along with repurposed fast food sauce packet moves this from 9.8 to 9.9. A pistol and shot of cheap liquor would move to a 10. Bravo!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Back in the day I'd put a pack of these in a baking dish with a can or two of wolf brand chili(no beans) and a pack of shredded cheese on top in the oven until the cheese is melted and burritos are cooked through.

I e thought I about this but never done it. You’ve inspired me to do it with the bag I’ve got in the freezer. I’ll add onions and japs. Maybe some crumbled el patio chips on top.

See…you’re doing the Lords work. Serving humanity with your culinary creations.

On 9/7/2024 at 4:49 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

Pork tenderloin, grilled onion, jalapeño, ghost pepper and cheddar cheese. 

53978744945_d6fdff640a_b.jpg 53978556658_b8ddc67630_b.jpg

Curious, do you handwash that pint glass and/or only use it on special occasions? Every beer mug/pint glass/etc I have that ever had any type of markings or decals all end up faded away completely after about 5 years or so. 

On 9/8/2024 at 8:26 PM, Brisketexan said:

Wanted naoch as a snack. Was out of shredded cheddar. Had some leftover taco meat and some sliced American cheese. Success. Oh, and we’re all out of paper plates.

463357e80b8640e8d65a3838eb853c13.jpg

Maybe I’m a hard as but as much as I love the creativity and resourcefulness…the plate sticks out.  No paper plates?  Surely you had a paper towel.  Or a piece of foil.  A board.  A cookie sheet.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Maybe I’m a hard as but as much as I love the creativity and resourcefulness…the plate sticks out.  No paper plates?  Surely you had a paper towel.  Or a piece of foil.  A board.  A cookie sheet.  

Gotta agree with this. Y'all quit buying tin foil or something?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Gotta agree with this. Y'all quit buying tin foil or something?

No. 

1 hour ago, Focht Up said:

Not sure what black pudding is , but I'd eat haggis any day.

blood sausage

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I follow a scottish recipe page.  This is haggis and black pudding pizza, which I would 100% smash:

459060064_536087395597326_26618216661663

onions 👎

Edited by elfenix

On 9/4/2024 at 10:32 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

Back in the day I'd put a pack of these in a baking dish with a can or two of wolf brand chili(no beans) and a pack of shredded cheese on top in the oven until the cheese is melted and burritos are cooked through.

One of my favorite meals back in the 80's when we were dirt poor.  Package of hamburger meat (step-father was foreman on a ranch, so we got free beef from his boss), taco seasoning, package of flour tortillas, onion, can of chili, block of rat cheese, under $10.  My brothers and I would help our mom making beef, bean, cheese and onion burritos assembly-line style, fry them up in a couple of inches of Crisco and cover in chili and more cheese.  Good thing is there would always be left over burritos that went in the freezer for an after-school snack later in the week.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

On 9/4/2024 at 10:33 PM, Texzilla588 said:

The details are important. Using a paper towel instead of the common paper plate along with repurposed fast food sauce packet moves this from 9.8 to 9.9. A pistol and shot of cheap liquor would move to a 10. Bravo!

I’m sorry but I must speak up. 
Al likes to employ a firearm or some sort of stabby implement, and cheap beer, to really create the ambiance that was once found commonly in this thread.  
Al enjoys all the posts within this thread nonetheless.