Arch Manning Being "Arch"

LTtxfan

Sark hopes more snaps for Arch in Sept. 🤘

image.thumb.png.a18abef3c1dfbc967017e6726ccea10e.png

Screenshot_20240811-092025_kindlephoto-3767983.png.5b8fbd2aaf87d99b069dd3c97239f13a.png

Could a two-QB system be in the cards for the Longhorns?.

Despite the fact that he's not even a starting quarterback, Arch Manning is still one of the most talked about players in college football. That's the blessing and curse of being the nephew of two of the most successful quarterbacks of the 2000s and 2010s.

It also helps that Manning is a five-star recruit with massive expectations at a notable program like Texas. Fans want to see him play, but there's one big problem: starter Quinn Ewers is very, very good. He led the Longhorns to the Big 12 title last year and should have a long leash from head coach Steve Sarkisian.

Steve Sarkisian wants September snaps for Arch Manning

Despite Ewers' job stability, Sarkisian gave a surprising answer when asked what if he wanted Manning to get playing time this September: "Of course I do". Sarkisian said he won't force the issue, but it's a big endorsement of the newly minted second-stringer from the coach.

Sarkisian has also talked about how impressive Manning's athletic ability is, which could be underrated by some. Manning was an effective rusher in high school when called upon and is comfortable on the move.

Ewers scored five rushing touchdowns last season, although he did it on only 75 total yards. Manning could give them a boost in sub-packages, giving defenses something different to think about. That might be his role to get snaps early on before trying to make a move on Ewers' job. 

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Despite Ewers' job stability, Sarkisian gave a surprising answer when asked what if he wanted Manning to get playing time this September: "Of course I do".

What kind of absolute dumbfuck is surprised to hear that the coach of an elite team wants the backups to be able to get snaps in September?

Matias Wodner sounds like the name of a soccer fan, so maybe that’s it. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Screenshot_20240811-092025_kindlephoto-3767983.png.5b8fbd2aaf87d99b069dd3c97239f13a.png

Despite the fact that he's not even a starting quarterback, Arch Manning is still one of the most talked about players in college football. That's the blessing and curse of being the nephew of two of the most successful quarterbacks of the 2000s and 2010s.

It also helps that Manning is a five-star recruit with massive expectations at a notable program like Texas. Fans want to see him play, but there's one big problem: starter Quinn Ewers is very, very good. He led the Longhorns to the Big 12 title last year and should have a long leash from head coach Steve Sarkisian.

Despite Ewers' job stability, Sarkisian gave a surprising answer when asked what if he wanted Manning to get playing time this September: "Of course I do". Sarkisian said he won't force the issue, but it's a big endorsement of the newly minted second-stringer from the coach.

Sarkisian has also talked about how impressive Manning's athletic ability is, which could be underrated by some. Manning was an effective rusher in high school when called upon and is comfortable on the move.

Ewers scored five rushing touchdowns last season, although he did it on only 75 total yards. Manning could give them a boost in sub-packages, giving defenses something different to think about. That might be his role to get snaps early on before trying to make a move on Ewers' job. 

Written like true click-bait garbage. Color me surprised. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

The Stupid is strong with this article.

It’s annoying that we are going to have to hear this all season and one of the reasons I hope Ewers can finally stay healthy. Then have Arch step in the next two (three?) seasons and just crush. 

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

the talent gap is very obvious 

arch can make throws that ewers can not 

Nah.  An imperfect throw doesn't mean the arm talent isn't there.

We are blessed at the QB position.  Enjoy.

• Hook 'Em 7

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Nah.  An imperfect throw doesn't mean the arm talent isn't there.

We are blessed at the QB position.  Enjoy.

the blessed part is arch never transferred 

great two headed monster at qb for sure 

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

you’re going to sit here and tell me ewers has as much upside as manning 

just look at the zip on the ball, huge diff between the two 

Let’s grant, for the fuck of it, that you’re right. “Upside” still doesn’t necessarily mean you start. 

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

take off your burnt orange glasses 

but it’s a fun argument 

He is not wrong. Arm talent has never been Ewers problem. Ewers was really good today, and Arch was good as well. They will both be 1st rd picks over the next few years.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

you’re going to sit here and tell me ewers has as much upside as manning 

just look at the zip on the ball, huge diff between the two 

We have only seen Manning in very limited action, so what you are stating as fact is just an opinion. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

did i miss a national title win ?

You did this shit after multiple games last year. I think your go to excuse after enough people called you out was that you had too much to drink during the game. 

Are we going with that again or do you have a new one?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RichUT said:

You did this shit after multiple games last year. I think your go to excuse after enough people called you out was that you had too much to drink during the game. 

You’re thinking of the other guy. 

15 minutes ago, RichUT said:

i don’t drink and arch should have played more last season 

can’t wait for next weeks game, should be great 

49 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

take off your burnt orange glasses 

but it’s a fun argument 

lol what?  That’s been his scouting report since high school.  Absolute cannon but missing a lot of other intangibles.  Do you actually watch football?  He makes it look easy.  The gripe about Ewers is he’s got sloppy delivery and was immature
as far as burnt orange glasses, last I checked they both wore burnt orange today

shit bruce Feldman even said Quinn has dynamic arm talent but the other stuff needs to catch up

Edited by closetohumping
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

lol what?  That’s been his scouting report since high school.  Absolute cannon but missing a lot of other intangibles.  Do you actually watch football?  He makes it look easy.  The gripe about Ewers is he’s got sloppy delivery and was immature
as far as burnt orange glasses, last I checked they both wore burnt orange today

shit bruce Feldman even said Quinn has dynamic arm talent but the other stuff needs to catch 

shit it ain’t me saying itFirst two links in google should’ve told ya

Natural arm talent