Arch Manning Being "Arch"

LTtxfan

did i miss a national title win ?

Do you think that Sark is willing and capable of making the best decision for the success of the team? If you do, as you should, then it’s cool, because you don’t can need to form an opinion like this. Just see that Sark does…and that was the correct plan.

57 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

did i miss a national title win ?

Did you miss the last 18 years of Texas football?

for the record, I like sark but not sure he’s a top 5 college coach.  He’s in a great situation a great guy. 

I think arch will eventually be better than Quinn.  Likely even.  But the scouting on Quinn is he has so much natural arm talent that it looks like he’s not even trying. Fucker made a no look pass today

Edited by closetohumping
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Hate said:

Arch is in the best position he could ever ask for and this is all going exactly according to plan.  Ewers plays great this year and is a 1st round pick next year. Arch starts two years, wins back to back titles, wins a heisman, and is the #1 overall pick in the ‘27 draft. 

This.  Everyone needs to STFU.

• Hook 'Em 8

20 minutes ago, Hate said:

Arch is in the best position he could ever ask for and this is all going exactly according to plan.  Ewers plays great this year and is a 1st round pick next year. Arch starts two years, wins back to back titles, wins a heisman, and is the #1 overall pick in the ‘27 draft. 

If we’re wish casting let’s have him start for three years, win three titles and two heismans.

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I hope UT plays for a title this season. 

I hope you stop ruining threads with fat broads that many of us wouldn’t fuck with our worst enemy’s dick and that your bad football takes would be kept to yourself. Are you offering that such things are possible? Prove it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I hope you stop ruining threads with fat broads that many of us wouldn’t fuck with our worst enemy’s dick and that your bad football takes would be kept to yourself. Are you offering that such things are possible? Prove it. 

Wait, is tx 3 putt a Vic Mackey sock?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

manning should start, he has an upside 

I agree that we need to someone with more upside. But I don’t think Manning has enough upside. Trey Owens has already proved in the Spring Game that he has more upside than either Ewers or Manning. He should start next game. However, even his upside has a ceiling. Cole Lourd clearly has even more upside than Owens, who is more like a downside when compared to him. 

• Haha 6

the kid has an nfl big gun release 

ewers is nowhere close to that 

He is. 

the talent gap is very obvious 

arch can make throws that ewers can not 

i had fucking tickets to watch ut beat michigan in houston for the title !!!

It’s not obvious. 

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

take off your burnt orange glasses 

but it’s a fun argument 

There is no argument. None. You’re absolutely retarded. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

It takes a real bitch to turn the embarrassment of riches we have at QB into something to complain about.

Texas has the best QB locker room in college football. Someone could argue otherwise but they'd just be stupid.

I'm sure it happens elsewhere but I'm pretty confident no place surpasses Texas or Surly in finding a way to complain about such a reality.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Texas has the best QB locker room in college football. Someone could argue otherwise but they'd just be stupid.

The guy who was going to be QB3 (maybe QB2 if Sark's into seniority) could be the best QB in the ACC by the time he graduates or gets drafted.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, chainsaw said:

The guy who was going to be QB3 (maybe QB2 if Sark's into seniority) could be the best QB in the ACC by the time he graduates or gets drafted.

Tap the brakes. First, he was never gonna be QB2 this year and wasn’t last year by midway thru season. Second, he’s had one game. 

Howrver your larger point about a great QB room is correct and I’m ecstatic for Maalik. Sark has handled these 3 guys masterfully. 

Tap the brakes. First, he was never gonna be QB2 this year and wasn’t last year by midway thru season. Second, he’s had one game. 
Howrver your larger point about a great QB room is correct and I’m ecstatic for Maalik. Sark has handled these 3 guys masterfully. 

Midway thru last season Murphy was the starter for a couple of games.

26 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Midway thru last season Murphy was the starter for a couple of games.

Yeah you’re right. Don’t know what I was thinking. And MM looked so average that Arch was backup for rest of season. Zero chance Arch wasn’t named QB2 this year. 

16 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

I agree that we need to someone with more upside. But I don’t think Manning has enough upside. Trey Owens has already proved in the Spring Game that he has more upside than either Ewers or Manning. He should start next game. However, even his upside has a ceiling. Cole Lourd clearly has even more upside than Owens, who is more like a downside when compared to him. 

Gonna have to disagree with you here. We need to steal Keelon Russell from Alabama and start him next year. Send Ewers to the draft and Manning to the portal. He has more upside than both those combined.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s absolutely possible that UT wins a national title, Ewers wins the Heisman and goes 1/1 in the draft and we have improvement at the QB spot going into 25. It’s like the Miami hurricane teams of the 80’s. 

I get what you are saying, but this is insane and Message Board Genuises level stuff.  Ewers is in his 3rd year starting.  Experience matters.  Making mistakes in live fire, correcting those mistakes, getting your weaknesses discovered and exposed - all of it is an essential part of development.  So many have been eager to bury Ewers over the last few years because of his recruiting pedigree and physical gifts, but they neglect the impossible to circumvent, absolutely necessary growing pains that go with game reps.  Posts like this are simply setting up Arch for when he inevitably makes mistakes of inexperience.

I hope everything you said happens.  I will feel very good about Arch next year, for obvious reasons that we are all excited about.  Texas can win with Arch next year and Arch may very well end up better than Ewers when it is all said and done.  But there is zero chance a first year starter Arch is better than the version of Ewers that wins the Heisman in his 3rd year of starting.

• Hook 'Em 4

54 minutes ago, someguy said:

I get what you are saying, but this is insane and Message Board Genuises level stuff.  Ewers is in his 3rd year starting.  Experience matters.  Making mistakes in live fire, correcting those mistakes, getting your weaknesses discovered and exposed - all of it is an essential part of development.  So many have been eager to bury Ewers over the last few years because of his recruiting pedigree and physical gifts, but they neglect the impossible to circumvent, absolutely necessary growing pains that go with game reps.  Posts like this are simply setting up Arch for when he inevitably makes mistakes of inexperience.

I hope everything you said happens.  I will feel very good about Arch next year, for obvious reasons that we are all excited about.  Texas can win with Arch next year and Arch may very well end up better than Ewers when it is all said and done.  But there is zero chance a first year starter Arch is better than the version of Ewers that wins the Heisman in his 3rd year of starting.

It will be Arch’s 3rd year in the program. I expect him to get plenty of live fire reps. It would hardly at all be unprecedented to have him step on and be awesome. And better than Quinn.  Miami did it often.  Mac Jones did it a couple years ago and he had nowhere near arch talent or other advantages that come from being groomed from birth to this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, someguy said:

Great post. 

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

Do my eyes deceive me or did Maalik not start against K-State?

I was wrong and said so above. 

16 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It will be Arch’s 3rd year in the program. I expect him to get plenty of live fire reps. It would hardly at all be unprecedented to have him step on and be awesome. And better than Quinn.  Miami did it often.  Mac Jones did it a couple years ago and he had nowhere near arch talent or other advantages that come from being groomed from birth to this. 

Reps will be limited. I think the world of Arch and believe he’ll be a fine QB. Maybe our best ever. But we’ve had a lot of good ones, Quinn is firmly in our Top 5 ever, and will have the potential to be our best pro ever (prob not with Layne). Saying he’ll be better than Quinn is understandable given the buzz around Arch but insane at the same time. I don’t understand why we can’t rest comfortably knowing we have two of the three 1.00 rated 5-star QBs EVER, and those are likely our staters the next 3 years. 

Edited by Rex Kramer
  • Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Great post. 

I was wrong and said so above. 

Reps will be limited. I think the world of Arch and believe he’ll be a fine QB. Maybe our best ever. But we’ve had a lot of good ones, Quinn is firmly in our Top 5 ever, and will have the potential to be our best pro ever (prob not with Layne). Saying he’ll be better than Quinn is understandable given the buzz around Arch but insane at the same time. I don’t understand why we can’t rest comfortably knowing we have two of the three 1.00 rated 5-star QBs EVER, and those are likely our staters the next 3 years. 

I’m resting comfortably and I’m very happy with where we are at. I’m certainly not guaranteeing that any of it comes to pass. But it absolutely could and that’s amazing to think about.  

Edited by Wulaw Horn

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m renting comfortably and I’m very happy with where we are at. I’m certainly not guaranteeing that any of it comes to pass. But it absolutely could and that’s amazing to think about.  

Not you. But 3 putt, and a band of lesser jackasses that will jump on QE when he has more adversity this season. I just think it’s aggressive to think we will be better at QB next year when we are losing a sure fire 1st rounder and top 3 QB with that much experience. But agree it’s amazing to think that at the end of ‘25, that may be right. 

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Gonna have to disagree with you here. We need to steal Keelon Russell from Alabama and start him next year. Send Ewers to the draft and Manning to the portal. He has more upside than both those combined.

Shoot. I should have thought of that. Keelon Russell definitely has more upside than Ewers and Manning combined. But he may not be fully realizing his upside. This will mean his upside becomes a downside, or even a middle-side.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Shoot. I should have thought of that. Keelon Russell definitely has more upside than Ewers and Manning combined. But he may not be fully realizing his upside. This will mean his upside becomes a downside, or even a middle-side.

I just can't argue with that "logic".

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/31/2024 at 5:01 PM, tx 3 putt said:

vy generational talent 

Yep. He reminds me so much of when VY was getting started here. I was telling my kid yesterday about how when VY would step on the field, the whole team suddenly played a little faster and hit a little harder. I might be imagining things, and I'm not trying to take anything away from Quinn in any way, but that's what I see when Arch is out there.

That said, Ewers should still start. Like @Hate said above, it's a good plan, and it's working great. This is The Way. This is not a 'VY vs Mock' type of situation.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, wood said:

Yep. He reminds me so much of when VY was getting started here. I was telling my kid yesterday about how when VY would step on the field, the whole team suddenly played a little faster and hit a little harder. I might be imagining things, and I'm not trying to take anything away from Quinn in any way, but that's what I see when Arch is out there.

That said, Ewers should still start. Like @Hate said above, it's a good plan, and it's working great. This is the way. This is not a 'VY vs Mock' type of situation.

When VY stepped on the field, you could feel it in the stands. You know they felt it on the field. He made everyone around him better and it was more than just his freakish athletic talent. 

• Hook 'Em 3